Montreal area GT with special guests from the Ottawa/Gatineau area

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would seem that my previous thread has disappeared due to yesterday's hack, so I'll start fresh.

In short:

I am planing a GT in Montreal - most likely in the west Island for convenience since some of the guys would drive in from Ottawa. Just as in Ottawa, there is a Tim Horton's near the highway and real close to a trail that leads to open fields where we can go play with our lights (trees all the way up to 300 meters away :devil:)

My original target date was May-June but, if the trend continues, it might even be possible to do this in April - depending on trail conditions, which in turn depends on how much rain we get meanwhile. I'd like to hear what you guys think about this and your foreseeable availability. I prefer to plan early and work around everyone's schedule so we can all be there. The main reason I'd like to push this up to April if possible is the obvious difference in daylight so we can go out and play earlier :naughty:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can manage my busy schedule, I'll be there for sure ! (If you guys don't mind a frenchy!)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can manage my busy schedule, I'll be there for sure ! (If you guys don't mind a frenchy!)

No problem, I'm actually french but most english never even find out :nana:

BTW, There are at least 3 of us who would be interested in visiting the St-Leonard cave. Maybe we could make that a group activity as well. Reservations are a must for that one.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
sign me up.
for the meet and for the cave

You're on the list

I'm actually in Vancouver, but will be in Montreal for a bit around May 16-20th time frame, so keep me in the loop.

I'm currently aiming at a Saturday for the GT since the Ottawa guys have a 2 hour drive back and forth (unless they tell me they prefer a friday or even a sunday :tired:). I'm keeping May 19 as an open possiblity and would like to hear from everyone on this.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any idea if Black Rose is still making an effort to save money by staying away form CPF?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Rose: Cool, I wouldn't want you to miss out after all the GT's you organized.

So far, 7 CPFers have responded to the thread:
4 from Montral area
2 from Ottawa area
1 from Vancouver area

Only 4 guys left on my list have not manifested themselves yet:
1 from Montreal area
3 from Ottawa area.

Anyone else that can make it is invited also.

No official date set so far, but Gunga should be around in the May 16-20 time frame. It would be really neat if everyone could make it; that would make 11 of us.

ToNIX

Enlightened
I'd be in, although I don't have lots of lights to show!

It depends on my schedule in the end... the joy of working on alternating shifts.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be able to make it.
Only 3 hour drive from here by car, or 7 hours by boat :D.
GL

The more, the merrier :). My spot is only a 10 minute walk from the river ;)

No promises, but I'll do my best. Wonder if I can bring a suitcase of Sunwayman stuff...

If you come, you gotta bring everything, man! I wanna see new lights! I personally have a backpack full of lights, plus a small pack full of headlamps and a tackle box with the rest of the paraphenalia/cheapo lights.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to have a look at the trail this weekend and the mud is already gone. There usually is one puddle that stays, but is easily avoided, and the water level is already lower than usual. I'll wait and see what temperature average mother nature settles on to decide between April and May, but it's looking good.