Battery Junction
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help for Hid & Led Flashlight

Default Re: Need Help for Hid & Led Flashlight

Ohh, I realy get mad;;
    I am sorry for my English; I see a good light; nobady likes it;
    I realy dont know where I am wrong, Iam not expert like you
    There are some pictures and videos are good for me; also I realy want to buy polaris but I can not afford it;
    The torches you reccommend me is above 100 USD; they are realy good;
    I only beleive seening is beleiving = also your recomendations;
    From now on I forget lumens and brightness;
    Please recommend me a torch more bright more lumen after Trustfire tr-j12 or else ; just say me this is better than your torch and more range and more bright
    and say me this is cheaper than you choose PLEASEEE

So you prefer Cheap and bright ? Over a Reliable light that is still bright?
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by burak View Post
    The torches you reccommend me is above 100 USD
    In the under-$100 category, quality and bright as possible, on batteries that can be recharged (but not hobbyist batteries that require safety and electronics knowledge) - look into the 4Sevens Quark AA2 X; 400 lumens on two regular AA batteries, you can use rechargeable AA batteries to make it rechargeable, with excellent reliability and build quality, for $70.

Ohh, I realy get mad;;
    I am sorry for my English; I see a good light; nobady likes it;
    I realy dont know where I am wrong, Iam not expert like you
    There are some pictures and videos are good for me; also I realy want to buy polaris but I can not afford it;
    The torches you reccommend me is above 100 USD; they are realy good;
    I only beleive seening is beleiving = also your recomendations;
    From now on I forget lumens and brightness;
    Please recommend me a torch more bright more lumen after Trustfire tr-j12 or else ; just say me this is better than your torch and more range and more bright
    and say me this is cheaper than you choose PLEASEEE
    TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE PICTURES IN THESE THREADS AGAIN!!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...000mA-exploded
    5th picture - blood all over the floor.
    7th picture - damaged metal bowl.
    8th picture - injured arm in a sling,

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ster-Explosion
    Broken window.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...thand-account)
    Blood on towel.

PEOPLE GET HURT WHEN THEIR POWERFUL FLASHLIGHTS EXPLODED.

We will not recommend you flashlights brighter than 1/5 of the tr-j12 because we do not want to see your hunter friends injured like you see in these pictures.

There are many more cases of explosions. Read the threads in Forum: Smoke and Fire, Hot Cells and Close Calls - The dangerous side of batteries
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-of-batteries
    Last edited by LEDninja; 03-17-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Flashaholic*

I do understand Your "problem" with the price when ordering such a big number of lights.
    But my advise still are SMALL lights.
    They will be used and thus will have a long term advertising effect ...

Vendor links removed. See red banner at top of page.

this will make them even more surprised and is more "foolproof", as it is just ON/OFF,
    the Mulitlevel lights might be too much for some ...

PS: search the cheapo store for lights that You think are more "suitable" but still I am sure the superbright lights are not a good present.
    And be aware that cheap does not mean good or reliable.
    f.e. I really tried to find a 2*AA light there I would add to my 2*AA list above, but there is none I know good enough to recommend
    Last edited by Unforgiven; 03-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Yes, the explossion is very bad; its terrible
    I am also doubt of my own small flashlight, the battery is smiller as the link which exploded

Is it the same as the dangerous ones ?

Yes, that's an 18650 size Lithium-ion cell; you'll need to thoroughly review safety and handling procedures for Li-ion batteries before using it, and you will also need a multimeter to check the voltage of the cell before and after charging. These cells are for hobbyists only, and are not for standard consumer use because of the amount of precaution and procedure needed to use them.

Yes but it is in a one battery torch.

The dangers are:
    - Charge to too high voltage. If you have a good charger the charger will stop before there is danger. Check voltage of a charged cell. If the voltage is above 4.2V get a better charger.
    - Let the voltage drop below 2.7V. The battery becomes damaged and can explode next time you try to charge it. Charge often, do not wait until all the energy is used up. Get a multi-meter check voltage before charging.
    - Too high discharge current. You should not run the battery more than 2X the MAH rating. 2000mAH is on the battery. Maximum current it can support is 4000 mA. The early torches with SSC-P7 have a high Vf. The LED will limit the current to ~3000 mA. But the current LEDs (SST-50 and XM-L) are low Vf - let too much current through 4000 mA to 5000 mA. So if you have one of those LEDs you need a higher mAH battery. You can buy up to 3100 mAH.
    -
    There are high current cells that can go up to 8000 mA or more called IMR18650.
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...26500-*Part-2*
    There are protected cells with a circuit board that shuts down the battery if it senses a dangerous condition. Highly recommended.
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...read-*Part-12*

The biggest danger comes from using more than one cell. All 3 cases of explosion I have linked to, the flashlight uses more than one cell. This is because when the cells are not balanced (they are not charged the same) the cell with the bigger charge tries to charge the other one BACKWARDS. This causes most of the explosions.
    Now a 3*XML torch needs 3 batteries to avoid too high a discharge current danger. But chargers come with 1 or 2 channels not 3. A person in a hurry may charge 2 then try to run his light with 2 charged 1 uncharged battery >> BOOM.

The thread with instructions on Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely is here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...hlights-safely

BTW the 3*XML lights have smaller reflectors, would not have as bright a hotspot or reach as far as what you have.
    Like this:

The hotspot on the left is '900 lumens'. The hotspot on the right is '50 lumens'.
    The 3*XML would look like the one on the left. Your torch would look like the one on the right. After you take the camping attachment off.

Dear Ledninja,
    Thanks for your inform; They are realy helpfull,

The example of my sample torch has its own charger and only one battery; and when its fully charge
    the light comes on adaptor gets green ; then I begin to use, I think it will no problem ,

Also I am looking for other torches which have own charge device; I think that will help not to get more risks

Thanks

has its own charger and only one battery; and when its fully charge
    the light comes on adaptor gets green ; then I begin to use, I think it will no problem
    If the battery is left on the charger and it continues to charge, it will explode.

If the battery has an internal short due to a defect, when placed on the charger, it will explode.

If the battery is overcharged and then used in a flashlight, it will explode.

It will problem.

Flashaholic*

Also I am looking for other torches which have own charge device; I think that will help not to get more risks
    this one was good

--> get good "protected" cells!
    Only "safety" against anything else.
    Charging equipment not important
    "original" charging equipment in no way "more safe" than aftermarket one

The forum showed me that about 75 USD torches which are over 2000 Lumen can be dangerous, about battery and charger,
    The boss nearly changed his mind to promote a hunting knife with raffles,
    but I insist to buy a torch without battery! with 5 led type.

The question is with the 4500 lumen or 3000 lumen(whatever) 75 usd torch without batterys factory, but with your reccomended battery and charger devices will it harm to us ?? Will it be a good opinion?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by burak; 04-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Staying within your price range, the brightest you'll get on standard store-bought batteries is the Jetbeam PA40's 468 lumens. This is close to the output of a car headlight, so is still quite bright.

What about an Elektro Lumens product? The Blaster-NG costs $150, and puts out 1750 lumens with respectable throw, while running on three D cell alkalines.

Alternately, the Ryobi HID searchlight can be had for only $50 or so, but the batteries can cost considerably more - but any of their One+ battery packs will work, even the cheap one. They also carefully vet their lithium-ion pack design, in order to limit their liability. If you don't want to use a lithium-ion pack, they also make a conventional ni-cad rechargeable. I have one, like it a lot, and find it easy to use and otherwise work with. It also has a fairly respectable runtime, at least with the big lithium pack.

Yep, I think the 4 or 5 led power about 80 usd with one batery or two battery same brand torch; and own charger will good which has 3000 lumen
    ordered a sample; lets look and see

Any bad opinions ?

Try the one you want too borak, but if your trying to earn customers you should buy reliable lights in your price range
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Also ordered a samples;
    UltraFire WF-500 Samsung 3535 5-Mode 3000LM

Mega 5*Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight

TrustFire TR-3T6 XM-L T6 5-Mode 3800LM

can you google them; "forbidden to give a link"??

any opinion with this torches or can you reccomend one of them, I think you wont ,but the batterys of these and also charge device are approved CE

I think will not harm

any opinions ?

which one is safer the 3.2 volt 18650 battery or 3.7 volt 18650 battery thanks

At Last,
    the order goes to TrustFire TR-3T6 XM-L T6 5-Mode 3800LM with
    TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries

Thanks for your helps