What is NEW or now In-Stock in the Ogaz/TnC Store!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will keep this thread updated with what is new or what is back in stock in the store.

You can now order Titanium housings from the titanium section on the website. For now I will just make the housings on a per order basis. Aprox a three week lead time for a Ti Housings! Click HERE!If you have any questions or would like something custom Please E-Mail me!

Chris

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't just make these. I was wanting to make complete working heads out of them but just never got around to do it.

I remember what you said so I wasn't going to make anything new until you were ready....:wave:

Is there still interest in Titanium E-series compatible battery tubes? Or maybe an E-series tube with C-series tail? The tubes I have made for a long time have the switch in the tube so there is no tail cap. What do people prefer?

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Ti E-series heads? Intriguing. Aleph-compatible?

I prefer battery tubes with non-removable tailcaps, because removable tailcaps don't work with McGizmo-style deep-carry pocket clips. That's why I went with McGizmo 2x123 Clicky Paks for the Ti lights I assembled last year. With Aleph-compatible E-series heads, it's even easier to change the batteries by removing the head, because the light engine stays in the head and doesn't fall out. That's why I decided to use your E2C adaptors in conjunction with C-series heads, because it gave me the flexibility of using P60-compatible light engines while allowing me to treat the head as a single unit that could be easily removed, like an oversized E-series head.

Obviously different people have different tastes, but given the reasoning I just outlined, I think a setup with an E-series battery tube with a non-removable tailcap (possibly overbored to allow 17670 cells to fit comfortably) offers the best flexibility. The user can use an E-series head for maximum sleekness, or a C-series head with an E2C adaptor for high-power applications without the clumsiness of having a loose light engine waiting to get dropped on the ground. As long as the battery tube uses a McGizmo switch, there won't be many people who will need anything better -- though I suppose I can see certain circumstances where a solid-state switch like a FETtie might be useful, but a FETtie could just as easily screw in from the outside, so there still wouldn't be a need for a removable tailcap.

TL;DR: removable tailcaps are useful for two things (as far as I know): changing batteries without dropping the bulb on the ground, and installing a better switch than the light came with from the factory. Both of those problems can be easily avoided using parts you already have available, without needing a removable tailcap at all.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I didn't just make these. I was wanting to make complete working heads out of them but just never got around to do it.

I remember what you said so I wasn't going to make anything new until you were ready....:wave:

Is there still interest in Titanium E-series compatible battery tubes? Or maybe an E-series tube with C-series tail? The tubes I have made for a long time have the switch in the tube so there is no tail cap. What do people prefer?

Don't know how many others might be interested in Ti E-series compatible CR2 tube (with/without integrated tailswitch), but I would :)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am finally able to log in. Been a while trying.

Ok. it is Aleph compatible head. Sorry I didn't get the pictures last night. It will have to wait till tonight. Maybe I won't have problems getting on tonight as I did last night. :) I am glad you mentioned 17mm Dia instead of 18mm. I really don't like making them 18mm unless I use my EDC-Flex two piece design.

Archimedes: I could very easily do a CR2 tube with McClicky switch built into the tail.

fyrstormer

Banned
I am finally able to log in. Been a while trying.

Ok. it is Aleph compatible head. Sorry I didn't get the pictures last night. It will have to wait till tonight. Maybe I won't have problems getting on tonight as I did last night. :) I am glad you mentioned 17mm Dia instead of 18mm. I really don't like making them 18mm unless I use my EDC-Flex two piece design.

Archimedes: I could very easily do a CR2 tube with McClicky switch built into the tail.
18mm would be nice for some people, but I only use RCR123s so it doesn't matter to me. Mostly I picked 17mm because your lights kinda have a "durability comes first" aesthetic, and a super-thin wall under the threads wouldn't work so well for durability.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a picture showing the Titanium Aleph compatible E-Series heads.

The back one uses a 20mm Reflector and the front three use the 19mmXR Reflector.

DSC00746.JPG

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of changing the internal shape a little and make these completed heads. What I was thinking was making them into Tri-LED heads. I just don't know how long it would take for me to get to them.

fyrstormer

Banned
I like the look of the back one the best. Also, I think the McR20 reflector is the best match for the LEDs currently available, since none of them use integrated focusing optics like the Cree XR-E has, which as I recall is what the XR19 reflector was designed for.

Obviously I have a one-track mind here, but you know what would be cool: an Aleph/E-series compatible "Mini V3" head. :D

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hate to say this..... I concur... :naughty: What do you think that means? hmmmm

Well, an Aleph/E series compatible V3 head would need to be a little larger dia than the 1" Dia of the standard... I am really interested in what it would look like. I might have to make one when I get a chance just to see how it looks.

Chris

Obviously I have a one-track mind here, but you know what would be cool: an Aleph/E-series compatible "Mini V3" head. :D

I cannot disagree with this statement. Sorry Chris.

obi

Last edited by a moderator:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I designed it today at lunch. It had to be a little longer and it will use a McR-20 reflector. Is this ok with everyone? Maybe I can design the head complete with a tri-LED Module? If people are even interested in that format. That way all you have to do is screw the head onto your existing Aleph / E-series body.

Chris

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any heads bodies tails without the fins and designs? Just plain? Any that are knurled?

fyrstormer

Banned
I designed it today at lunch. It had to be a little longer and it will use a McR-20 reflector. Is this ok with everyone? Maybe I can design the head complete with a tri-LED Module? If people are even interested in that format. That way all you have to do is screw the head onto your existing Aleph / E-series body.

Chris
Is it possible to make a head that is compatible with Aleph and with tri-optics? I'm not asking for the impossible, I'm just asking whether it is impossible. If it is, then don't worry about it. In any event, a mini-V3 head that works with Aleph parts is fine with me, even if it's a little longer than expected. I don't have any 25mm Aleph heads (since McGizmo's new lights aren't *quite* Aleph compatible), and I wouldn't mind having one.