Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 4
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 669

Thread: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

  1. #331

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by onvol View Post
    Received my 2D mag mod from jayrob today and I have to say wow. What else can I say? It blows all my other lights out of the water. I can't be any happier or have received any better service from jayrob. He Is very professional all the way around, from the build to the sale/messages. Definitely a pleasure doing business with him!
    Love to see those happy comments and feedback!

    Thanks for posting!

  2. #332

    Default

    This may be a dumb question but could you answer it for me or point me in the right direction. I want a mag lite cut down to 1D size. I want it tri bored also. Is this something you do? Anyone here can point me where I need to go thanks.

  3. #333

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but could you answer it for me or point me in the right direction. I want a mag lite cut down to 1D size. I want it tri bored also. Is this something you do? Anyone here can point me where I need to go thanks.
    I have a cut down 'Stubby' mod that I do for a single 32650 Li-Ion cell, but don't do the tri-boring you are asking about...

    Let me know if you decide to go with the single Li-Ion build!

  4. #334
    Flashaholic* KuanR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Macau S.A.R.
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    I'm new to the forum after just purchasing my 6D Maglite. Can you do this sort of build/mods on bigger Maglites?

  5. #335

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Absolutely!

    For a 6D build, you would use 6 X D sized NiMH's with the 3 volt driver shown for my 2 cell Li-Ion build. (same voltage)

    But for 6 NiMH's, I cannot use the voltage monitor. I could use a voltage monitor with a 5 NiMH build though. The NiMH voltage monitor is for either 4 or 5 cells, but not 6. So if you wanted the voltage monitor, we could use a spacer, or use a 5D Mag host. But I can easily make you a spacer.

    I just found out about these NiMH's with a really low self discharge rate of only 2% per month. (normal NiMH's - 20%)
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/accuevolution-d-10000-nimh.html

    Similar to the eneloop cells. But D sized eneloop (Sanyo model # HR-1UTG-1BP) are hard to find, and expensive too...

    Send me a PM for ordering a build!

  6. #336
    Flashaholic* KuanR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Macau S.A.R.
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    I will send a PM soon (note enough post count
    )
    , and one more question, do you do other Mag Lite builds with incandescent bulbs?

  7. #337

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    I will send a PM soon (note enough post count
    )
    , and one more question, do you do other Mag Lite builds with incandescent bulbs?
    I showed a 100 Watt HID fire starter here:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?329782-Sold-Mag-623-100-Watt-Flashlight-Mod&highlight=

    But for a much more useful light, I recommend this XM-L T6 build! (I have XM-L U2 emitters as well - pretty much the same IMO)

    Let me know when your ready!

  8. #338

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    I wanted to give an update. I bought my light from jayrob about 4 months ago. I've used this as my primary work light (as a police officer) every day since. It has held up to foot pursuits, being dropped in the gutter, building searches, crime scene canvassing, etc. It easily outperforms my co-workers' Streamlight Ultrastingers. I've been having to charge the 32650's every 2-4 weeks, depending on how much use it sees. Overall, I can't find a work light that even comes close to this thing. The simple three-setting interface is perfect. The build quality is awesome. I have had ZERO malfunctions. Thanks again jayrob!

  9. #339

    Default

    Jay, some independent testing here on cpf indicates the Tenergy Centuras hold up better than the Accuevolutions. They are also LSD, and also available at battery junction.

  10. #340

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdm View Post
    Jay, some independent testing here on cpf indicates the Tenergy Centuras hold up better than the Accuevolutions. They are also LSD, and also available at battery junction.

    Ahh... Good to know! Thanks for passing that along...





    Quote Originally Posted by Stupidnewbie View Post
    I wanted to give an update. I bought my light from jayrob about 4 months ago. I've used this as my primary work light (as a police officer) every day since. It has held up to foot pursuits, being dropped in the gutter, building searches, crime scene canvassing, etc. It easily outperforms my co-workers' Streamlight Ultrastingers. I've been having to charge the 32650's every 2-4 weeks, depending on how much use it sees. Overall, I can't find a work light that even comes close to this thing. The simple three-setting interface is perfect. The build quality is awesome. I have had ZERO malfunctions. Thanks again jayrob!
    Love to hear experiences like that!

    Sounds like you are really putting it to the test of heavy use and even abuse! Ha ha!

    Thanks for posting back!

  11. #341
    Flashaholic N10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    just got the drop in connected to the switch..did all the mods and the light works flawlessly....btw, is it normal to hear a whining noise when the light is on high? like it's a fairly high pitched noise...but other than that..i really like the build..throw is great and i get to the lithiums 26650 as suggested by Jayrob or 6AAs in a battery carrier..haven't tested the light on alkalines yet but it should at least work on the low modes making it a good emergency light when only AA batts are available..oh and Jay is a great guy to deal with..everything went smoothly without hiccups..highly recommended person & simple product..!

  12. #342

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by N10 View Post
    just got the drop in connected to the switch..did all the mods and the light works flawlessly....btw, is it normal to hear a whining noise when the light is on high? like it's a fairly high pitched noise...but other than that..i really like the build..throw is great and i get to the lithiums 26650 as suggested by Jayrob or 6AAs in a battery carrier..haven't tested the light on alkalines yet but it should at least work on the low modes making it a good emergency light when only AA batts are available..oh and Jay is a great guy to deal with..everything went smoothly without hiccups..highly recommended person & simple product..!
    Glad you got your build together...

    I don't hear any noise with the 3 mode driver shown for my 2 X 32650 build. But different people can hear high frequency noise better than others.

    I have heard a little high pitched sound on the medium setting of the 8 X 7135 driver. But that driver is one of the choices shown for the single cell 'stubby' build...

    Anyway, glad you like the output!

    Thanks for posting back!

  13. #343
    Flashaholic N10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    oh another thing i noticed is that the driver automatically switches to low mode when battery gets depleted but it sort of tries to get up to the higher level(when that was initially selected) and then goes back to low and keeps cycling through that pattern unless you select the lower level which will give you constant low.

  14. #344

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by N10 View Post
    oh another thing i noticed is that the driver automatically switches to low mode when battery gets depleted but it sort of tries to get up to the higher level(when that was initially selected) and then goes back to low and keeps cycling through that pattern unless you select the lower level which will give you constant low.
    I've never even had that happen with any of my 5 personal builds...

    But the driver specs do say that it has 'built in' protection for your cells.

    What I'm guessing, is that you need better batteries! The best are the Feilong 6000mAh 32650's that I happen to stock.

    Those bad boys last and last...

  15. #345
    Flashaholic N10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    yeah i guess it's the batteries cause that pattern is only present when run on 6AA Nimh and my AA batts are pretty old..runs fine on lithiums..maybe i'll get some more lithiums later.too broke right now..lol..thanks again

  16. #346
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tewksbury, NJ
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Hi,
    Any chance you will be making the heatsink for the Mag C ?

    Thank's,
    Marc

  17. #347

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by rokspydr View Post
    Hi,
    Any chance you will be making the heatsink for the Mag C ?

    Thank's,
    Marc
    Yes I can set up a Mag C the same way, but I have made a couple, and don't like the stock switch on a Mag C for a multi-mode driver...

    The switch sometimes will have a 'split second' disconnect upon fully pressing the button, and this can make the driver switch modes when you don't want it to.

    The D Mag on the other hand, has a much more heavy duty switch that never has this issue.

    The head is the same size on a C vs D, but it's just the larger barrel/battery compartment.

    If you want smaller, have you seen the D Mag 'Stubby' option at the bottom of the first post?

  18. #348

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Hi Jayrob,
    Do the Nova batteries in your first thread work with thw WF-188 charger?
    you mentioned that the batteries are bigger because of their protection circuit
    thanks
    George

  19. #349

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by george992 View Post
    Hi Jayrob,
    Do the Nova batteries in your first thread work with thw WF-188 charger?
    you mentioned that the batteries are bigger because of their protection circuit
    thanks
    George
    Yes they can barely fit...

    I recommend bending the positive battery contact pads on your charger 'in' a little at the top. So that the button on the battery does not 'catch' and bend it the wrong way when your putting the batteries into the charger.

    A better fit (and much better quality too), is the Feilong 6000mAh 32650's that I now have available!
    Last edited by jayrob; 11-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  20. #350
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Do you have any plans to make a battery adapter to use 2 of the 32650 protected cells in a 3D Maglite?

  21. #351

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by ilium View Post
    Do you have any plans to make a battery adapter to use 2 of the 32650 protected cells in a 3D Maglite?
    Hi,

    Not a problem if you want an aluminum spacer... It would need to be 40mm (about 1 1/2") long.

    I would make it out of solid aluminum. If you were ordering a build from me, I would just ask $10 bucks for it...

  22. #352

    Default

    Can you make a direct drive drop in? I really don't like modes. I want to use 1 battery as I have a 1d mag.

  23. #353

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    Can you make a direct drive drop in? I really don't like modes. I want to use 1 battery as I have a 1d mag.
    Sure no problem...

    Sending PM!

  24. #354

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Paypal sent as per our pm. Thanks for the help and the drop in.

  25. #355

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    Paypal sent as per our pm. Thanks for the help and the drop in.
    Got you covered...

    Glad you decided to go with the 3 mode driver for your build. Because the driver will offer some protection against the possibility of over discharging your battery.

    Talk to you soon!

  26. #356
    Flashaholic* DBCstm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Heart of Texas
    Posts
    1,468

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Jay's 3 mode driver in a single D cell mag works really well. The lowest setting is very handy and runs a very long time. The medium setting is kind of the do all for a flashlight, very bright and very usable for working without being blinded by kickback if you're working on something close up. The throw on the high setting outshines the high beams of a car! You'll be very glad you've got options.

  27. #357
    Flashaholic* DBCstm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Heart of Texas
    Posts
    1,468

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    I just discovered that Thomas Distributing is carrying a LSD "D" sized battery with 9500 mAh capacity for less than $30 pr. These are the Imedion brand that are very good, even surpassing the Eneloop's.

    http://www.thomasdistributing.com/Ma...es_p_2469.html

  28. #358

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Quote Originally Posted by DBCstm View Post
    I just discovered that Thomas Distributing is carrying a LSD "D" sized battery with 9500 mAh capacity for less than $30 pr. These are the Imedion brand that are very good, even surpassing the Eneloop's.

    http://www.thomasdistributing.com/Ma...es_p_2469.html
    Nice! Great find if your after NiMH's...

    Thanks for sharing the link!

  29. #359

    Default

    Just so its posted here. I'll take it. One 3 mode drop in. Thanks.

  30. #360
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands Antilles, Curacao
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

    Hello,

    I don't know if this has been asked before. But Do you ship the stubby mag only also?
    What would the price for that be + international shipping?
    And US shipping?

    Awaiting your reply

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •