Malkoff
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

Quote Originally Posted by stabby888 View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if this has been asked before. But Do you ship the stubby mag only also?
    What would the price for that be + international shipping?
    And US shipping?

Awaiting your reply
    Yes I build quite a few 'stubby' orders...

My shipping is based on PayPal fees plus postage. Just send me a PM and let me know your shipping address and order details, and I'll get you a total!

Default Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

Quote Originally Posted by stabby888 View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if this has been asked before. But Do you ship the stubby mag only also?
    What would the price for that be + international shipping?
    And US shipping?

Awaiting your reply

Yes I build quite a few 'stubby' orders...

I also have available the Feilong 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion's.

My shipping is based on PayPal fees plus postage. Just send me a PM and let me know your shipping address and order details, and I'll get you a total!
    Last edited by jayrob; 11-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Received mine today. WOW this thing is a rocket! Thanks

If you bought the just the drop in and you are doing the switch mod yourself this may help. Just to help everyone out that may have faced this or a similar problem. When I soldered the positive wire on the terminal a blob of solder was against the back side of the m@g switch, when pushed in to normal on mode, the light would go out. The solder made the contact push out just far enough to stop touching the post. After I removed the solder it works perfect. As a precaution to everyone here, I would suggest a check of the switch with a ohmmeter prior to installing, after installing, and after final assembly before powering on the light. With this said, all is perfect now and I love this little host.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    If you bought the just the drop in and you are doing the switch mod yourself this may help. Just to help everyone out that may have faced this or a similar problem. When I soldered the positive wire on the terminal a blob of solder was against the back side of the m@g switch, when pushed in to normal on mode, the light would go out. The solder made the contact push out just far enough to stop touching the post. After I removed the solder it works perfect. As a precaution to everyone here, I would suggest a check of the switch with a ohmmeter prior to installing, after installing, and after final assembly before powering on the light. With this said, all is perfect now and I love this little host.
    Or just get the complete build instead of a drop in module!

Glad you got your drop in module installed and working...

wow this looks great, nice writeup

Let me know when your ready...

SkooterG,

Hi, your message did not post in my thread because CPF had an issue at the time you posted, but I did get it via email notification...

The main difference between the Stubby vs the normal 2 cell build, is that the Stubby uses a different driver because of the different voltage input. I have two driver choices for the Stubby. 3 mode or 5 mode.

The other thing is, that there is no room for a voltage monitor in the stubby build. But the drivers have some built in protection warning in them...

The output is about the same. But the run time on high is about 2 hrs. with the stubby, and a little over 3 hrs. with the 2 cell build...

I tried to send you this via PM, but it says that you are not accepting PM's.

Let me know your email or allow PM's for other questions...

Let me know what you decide, and I'll get you a total!

Super Moderator

Missing post from yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by SkooterG View Post
    Fascinating stuff! Boy, you guys around here are REALLY into your flashlights. I had no idea flashlights could be hot-rodded like this.

jayrob, I must be overwhelmed by all the info in this thread - could you provide a reader's digest version of the differences between the 'stubby' and regular builds?
    @ OP: Your thread has been restored with the correct post #1.
    Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post

@ OP: Your thread has been restored with the correct post #1.
    Excellent...

Thanks much for fixing that!

Super Moderator

Default Re: O FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Li

OK — the thread is back up and running, with the correct # of views restored.
    Resistance is futile...

Default Re: O FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Li

OK — the thread is back up and running, with the correct # of views restored.
    Your the best man!

from thundertree for:

Complete 5D XM-L U2 Maglite build:

5 D Maglite host (red); Switch prep; Reflector mod; Heatsink/3 mode driver/XM-L U2 emitter installed and tested;
    Assembled; Spectrum battery monitor (for NiMH's) installed.

PayPal Unique Transaction ID # 3CL65284UF789512U

Much thanks!

Party Re: FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Ligh

Hi there guys! Just new to this forum. I just actually stumbled upon this website when I'm searching for reviews about fenix flashlights. After that I think I'm hooked here hehe!

Anyway, I think jayrobs modified maglight is one of the coolest I've seen. And I'm really interested for getting one. Can you send me a pm jay about the shipping details internationally and payment options as I don't have paypal Acct yet.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_808 View Post
    Hi there guys! Just new to this forum. I just actually stumbled upon this website when I'm searching for reviews about fenix flashlights. After that I think I'm hooked here hehe!

Anyway, I think jayrobs modified maglight is one of the coolest I've seen. And I'm really interested for getting one. Can you send me a pm jay about the shipping details internationally and payment options as I don't have paypal Acct yet.

Cheers!
    I'd love to build one up for you...

It seems you cannot receive PM's for some reason. (maybe not enough posts or something??)

But if you want to let me now your email, I'll contact you.

Talk to you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    I'd love to build one up for you...

It seems you cannot receive PM's for some reason. (maybe not enough posts or something??)

But if you want to let me now your email, I'll contact you.

Talk to you soon!
    Hi jayrob my email add is emmanuel_sagum@yahoo.com

Yeah can't receive pm's yet need to build up some post.

Cheers!

Super Moderator

Welcome to CPF, Dennis_808

You just need one more post to make 3, and then you'll be able to send/receive PMs.
    Resistance is futile...

You just need one more post to make 3, and then you'll be able to send/receive PMs.

Thanks for the welcome! Now, where is the welcome party hehe lol

I just got my 6D Mag from Jay with a Der Wichtel Triple XML drop-in powered by 5 Feilong 32650 cells. He also machined a aluminum spacer that fits perfectly because the 5 32650 cells are shorter than 6 D-cells. Jay modded the switch to be momentary to use DW's multi mode driver. The light is super bright and is more of a flood than a thrower, which is useful.

I should mention these batteries are great, and a great alternative to get that extra bit of capacity for long run times.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...-Ion-Batteries

Jay's work is one of the best I have seen. His attention to detail from keeping me posted on every step of the build, to the SUPER well packed package, can be seen in every aspect of the light. He left me very detailed instructions on anything he observed on the light, such as how the driver worked and making sure the spacer is the last to go in the light after the batteries.

Buy from Jay with confidence, you WILL be happy with whatever you get from him

When money permits I will buy one of his XM-L T6
    Last edited by KuanR; 03-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_808 View Post
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    I just got my 6D Mag from Jay with a Der Wichtel Triple XML drop-in powered by 5 Feilong 32650 cells. He also machined a aluminum spacer that fits perfectly because the 5 32650 cells are shorter than 6 D-cells. Jay modded the switch to be momentary to use DW's multi mode driver. The light is super bright and is more of a flood than a thrower, which is useful.

I should mention these batteries are great, and a great alternative to get that extra bit of capacity for long run times.

FS: Feilong 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion Batteries - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers

Jay's work is one of the best I have seen. His attention to detail from keeping me posted on every step of the build, to the SUPER well packed package, can be seen in every aspect of the light. He left me very detailed instructions on anything he observed on the light, such as how the driver worked and making sure the spacer is the last to go in the light after the batteries.

Buy from Jay with confidence, you WILL be happy with whatever you get from him

When money permits I will buy one of his XM-L T6

Very glad to hear you are happy with the build...

Thanks for posting back!
    Last edited by jayrob; 11-22-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Hey Jay,

Much thanks for the 5D XML build for NiMH cells! Really nice workmanship and there is a great balance of hotspot to wash. Once I got some freshly charged D cells in there, the voltage monitor works like a charm as well.

Thanks again, and I'll probably throw more business your way soon!

Quote Originally Posted by thundertree View Post
    Hey Jay,

Much thanks for the 5D XML build for NiMH cells! Really nice workmanship and there is a great balance of hotspot to wash. Once I got some freshly charged D cells in there, the voltage monitor works like a charm as well.

Thanks again, and I'll probably throw more business your way soon!
    Glad you like it!

Thanks for posting back!

Flashaholic*

Jay,

Are you able to get the RED XM-L LED? I would like one of your dropins with a RED LED for Coyote hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by 357mag1 View Post
    Jay,

Are you able to get the RED XM-L LED? I would like one of your dropins with a RED LED for Coyote hunting.
    Yes...

Do you have a link to a red XM-L emitter?

I'm about to place another order from Cutter electronics. So if they have what your after, I can add it to my order...

Otherwise, I have built a few of these very nice PT-54 Mag mods:
    9 Amp PT-54 Phlatlight Maglite Mod!

But we're talking some expensive parts for that build. It is running at 9 Amps!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    Yes...

Do you have a link to a red XM-L emitter?

I'm about to place another order from Cutter electronics. So if they have what your after, I can add it to my order...

Otherwise, I have built a few of these very nice PT-54 Mag mods:
    9 Amp PT-54 Phlatlight Maglite Mod!

But we're talking some expensive parts for that build. It is running at 9 Amps!
    I thought it was on Cutter's page but I see they were referring to the MCE LED.
    Doesn't look like a RED XML is available.

I didn't see a cost for the Red Phatlight Mod, how much does that run?

Quote Originally Posted by 357mag1 View Post
    I thought it was on Cutter's page but I see they were referring to the MCE LED.
    Doesn't look like a RED XML is available.

I didn't see a cost for the Red Phatlight Mod, how much does that run?
    I have the parts linked in the thread I posted above, but the main parts are the emitter ($45), the 9 Amp driver ($65), and the Feilong 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion cells. ($55 a pair)

I'll send you a PM for the build...
    Last edited by jayrob; 04-17-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been using my drop in Jay made. I love it and it works flawlessly. Thanks for a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoosteve99 View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say I've been using my drop in Jay made. I love it and it works flawlessly. Thanks for a great service.
    Your welcome!

Thanks for posting...

Jayrob,

Love the look of the light! Please email me at slecyk@gmail.com as I am not allowed to PM people yet. Definitely interested in one of those stubbys!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic35 View Post
    Jayrob,

Love the look of the light! Please email me at slecyk@gmail.com as I am not allowed to PM people yet. Definitely interested in one of those stubbys!

Will do!

Please take a few minutes to read some of the buyer feedback that I have listed here: (and also see that I am a trusted seller)
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3899217

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast