• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Final Batch of Titanium Nautilodes

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Final Batch of Titanium Nautilus Lights

Hello Everyone,

A few years ago I moved and packed my office up into several boxes. At the time I had saved a few Nautilodes (the new plural of Nautilus ;) ) for some special finishing work, and between other preoccupations and the move I shelved the project and forgot about it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I had a customer make a request that required me to go look through a few old boxes, and along with his request, I found a small batch of unbuilt Nautilus lights, which are now built.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Nautilus, here is the original thread, and the specs are included below:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...autilus-Flashlight-Hardcoat-Version&p=2243667
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Q5 Flux Bin CREE XR-E – 107 Lumens Minimum Output from the LED
- CP Grade II Titanium with Brass Innards
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, 75 Hour Runtime on Low Mode

1861836276_d7427e0866.jpg

These are the last of the Titanium Nautilus lights, and I don't anticipate commissioning a further run of this design in the future. I'd like to offer these up for $365 plus shipping ($15 US-domestic, $30 international) to anyone interested - please send PayPal to [email protected]. Lights will start shipping out tomorrow, and I will post here once they're sold out. If you have any questions please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks folks! :)

Enrique

Last edited:
I'll take one!!!
I'll send you a P.M to check one point before sending my paypal payment.

Is neutral available or warm? I don't want Cool White..

Could you ship it Priority International Mail?

Last edited:
:paypal:

paypal : 3d05M0530993944631B

Do we still have choice for the bin of the led?
I would prefer warm or at least neutral rather than cool white.

Do you also still offer the laser engraving option?

Thank you Enrique.

Last edited:

H-nu

Enlightened
:paypal: If there's a laser engraving option that would be great. Did they lights ever have clips? I too, would prefer a neutral or warm LED.

Have a good night!

Cheers,
Chris

fyrstormer

Banned
I don't need a spare I don't need a spare I don't need a spare I don't need a spare...:broke:

It's a shame this is a limited run. If there were ever a perfect CR123 backup light, this is it.

nbp

Flashaholic
Looking forward to getting this little gem in my hands. Wow! Enrique got a lot of my money this month, haha.

I believe there is only the emitter that is in there, no choices, as these are already built. And I'm not aware of engraving options, though the Maker can correct me if I'm wrong.

nbp

Flashaholic
mossyoak said:
talk about bad timing, I want one sooooooo bad.

There's a really gorgeous custom anno'd one for sale here in the BST too bro. Go for it. ;)

Gatsby

Enlightened
So there were 3 and all 3 are sold unless the photo was for illustration purposes and not intended to show the entire small batch...?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gatsby: No, the photo is just a photo. I will post here when the lights are no longer available. :)

aflashinthenight: The LEDs I use are typically "warmer" in color, but they aren't a warm white designated part. The Nautilus was never offered as such and never had an option to choose. There was also never any engraving offered by me on it, nor any clips.

Thanks folks! :)

Enrique

I'll take it as it is anyway, Enrique.
I probably mixed up with the aeon options.

I like so much my Aeon! I think I will like this nautilode even more..

Last edited:

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 Aeons and the new Mako. I love these lights. Can anyone tell me how the Nautilus will be different from a practical point of view from the Aeon? I know I will get longer run-times, but the output seems the same and the form factor, for my use, is worse. (I like small.) Is the beam quality noticeably different on a Nautilus than on an Aeon? Am I missing something else?

fyrstormer

Banned
The Nautilus and the Aeon are functionally identical, though I've noticed my Nautilus switches to a "moonlight" mode when the battery gets too low, whereas my Aeon just dims out. The beam quality is somewhat better on the Nautilus, without the normal "Cree ring" associated with the XR-E emitter. I think the Nautilus uses the McGizmo McR17-XR reflector, which is an excellent reflector for the XR-E emitter.

If you use the light as a primary EDC, the Nautilus is probably the better choice. If you use it as a backup EDC, the Aeon is probably better.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoosier Light: You get a slightly better beam, and more runtime than an Aeon. It's really a matter of personal preference as to which is the better option for you - some people prefer CR123s and longer runtimes, whereas others prefer something maximally small.

Enrique