turboBB's EPIC Indoor Shots Pt 2 (Klarus - Sunwayman)

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
PART 1 (4Sevens - Jetbeam)
PART 2 (Klarus - Sunwayman) - this thread
PART 3 (SureFire - Zebralight)

=======
PART 2

Blue row(s) indicates new pics (as of N/A) | Yellow are new lights as of 3/1 /13 | Green highlights newly measured values. *Indicates mfg claimed ANSI value, last three columns are measurements taken/calcualted by me. Lights sorted in alphabetical order by mfg. All shots taken on a Panny FZ150 @ ISO-100, custom WB, f/2.8 and fixed shutter speeds of 1/8, 1/40 & 1/80. Distance to door is 5m (16.4ft) away. New as of 5/25: Bounce shots under same conditions but w/shutter speed @ 1/4 and light placed right above camera.
=======

Klarus XT20 (review)
High

Med

Low

L3 Illumination K40 (review)
L6

L5

L4

L3

L2

L1

Lighten7 Elite M1A (review coming soon)
Max (this light features 15 distinct levels, only Max and Min are captured)
e6a84af.jpg

Min

Lighten7 Elite M1B (review coming soon)
High

Med

Low

Dim

Lighten7 Elite S1A (review)
High

Med

Low

Lighten7 Max L2A (review coming soon)
High

Med

Low

Dim

Lumapower D-65V w/TurboForce Kit and XR-E R2
L4

L3

L2

L1

Lumapower D-Mini Digital SE
High

Med

Low

Malkoff M60 drop-in (SureFire Z2)

Neofab D1000 drop-in (SureFire G2Z)

NITECORE P25 SMILODON (review)
L5

L4

L3

L2

L1

NITECORE SENS AA (review)
AW14500

High

Med

Low

ENELOOP XX
High

Med

Low

NITECORE SENS CR (review)
AW16340

High

Med

Low

Tenergy LiFePO4
High

Med

Low

SureFire CR123A
High

Med

Low

NITECORE SENS Mini (review)
High

Med

Low

NITECORE SR3
L8

L7

L6

L5

L4

L3

L2

L1

NITECORE TM11 (v1.12)
Turbo

High

Med

Low

NITECORE TM26 QUADRAY (review)
L5

L4

L3

L2

L1

Niteye EYE25 (review)
Turbo

High

Med

Low

Niteye EYE30 (review)
Turbo

High

Med

Low

Niwalker NWK 550N3 (review)
High

Med

Low

w/Diffuser
High

Med

Low

w/Blue filter (it's actually a darker blue in real life)
High

Med

Low

w/Green filter
High

Med

Low

w/Red filter
High

Med

Low

w/Yellow filter
High

Med

Low

Niwalker NWK 600N1 (review coming)
NOTE: This light features a variable control ring so only Max was taken since Min didn't register.
Max

Olight M20 Ti
High

Med

Low

Olight M20 (see UltraFire 3S XM-L drop-in)

Olight M21
High

Med

Low

OLIGHT M3X XM-L2 (REVIEW IN PROGRESS...)
High

Low

Olight SR90 Intimidator
High

Low

Pelican 1910 (review)

Pelican 1920 (review)

Petzl PIXA3 (HL was aimed so that the spot would be centered w/middle of door to be consistent w/other lights, further details of the unique flood/spot implementation of this HL can be found here)
Flood

Flood/Spot

Spot

Poldera Power Bank (review)

Prometheus Lights Alpha Series XM18-B (review)
High

Med

Low

Shadow GF1 (review)
High

Med

Low

Shadow JM07 (XM-L U2) (review coming)
High

Med

Low

Shadow JM07-PRO
High

Med

Low

Shadow JM07-PRO Stone White
High

Med

Low

Shadow JM26 (review)
High

Med

Low

Shadow SL3 (review)
High

Med

Low

Shadow TC350 (review)
High

Med

Low

Shadow TC500 (review)
High

Med

Low

SPARK SP6(review)
Max

f021711.jpg

Med2

Med1

Low

STANLEY "2000" lumens FatMax Spotlight
High

Low

Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin (review)
AW16340 Turbo

AW16340 Med

AWIMR Turbo

AWIMR Med

SF123 High

SF123 Med

TNGY LiFePO4 High

TNGY LiFePO4 Med

ENLP XX AA High

ENLP XX AA Med

Sunwayman T20C (review)
High

Med

Low

Sunwayman T40CS (review)
High

Med

Low

Sunwayman T60CS (review)
Turbo

High

Med

Low

Sunwayman
V10A
UF 14500

ENLP

Sunwayman V10R Ti
Max

Sunwayman V11R Mr. révolution (review)
AW16340 Turbo

AWIMR Turbo

TNGY LiFePO4 Max

SF123 Max

ENLP XX AA High

Sunwayman V60C (review)
Max

Min

========
PART 1 (4Sevens - Jetbeam)
PART 2 (Klarus - Sunwayman) - this thread

PART 3 (SureFire - Zebralight)

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bunch of new lights in yellow added. Given the broad voltage range accpeted, the Sunwayman M11R & V11R covers all batteries (ICR, IMR, CR123, LiFePO4 & AA).

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, I was surprised by that and re-measured it a few times to make sure. Mind you, this wasn't done in a calibrated IS but on my PVC LMD which was just recently vetted through at PF18. I'm not claiming 100% accuracy but it's been consistently within single digit % of known/claimed ANSI values of many lights. If anything, take it as a good comparitive outputs vs. my other lights but we did measure many other lights at PF18 as well with similar results.

EDIT: Other pleasant surprises (as detailed in the PVC LMD thread) were the outputs of the TN10 and TN11. Both were respectively higher than claimed and I can't remember whose TN11 I measured at PF18 but it was about the same as I got (mid 900's).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Thanks Tim-i have the t40cs and have been impressed with its output -i think ill get the v60 also.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx guys!

Prometheus Lights Alpha Series XM18-B & Shadow JM07P SW now added.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Nice job turboBB. I know what it takes to get this done and it's a LOT of work. Administrative bliss more than just picture taking. These posts never get a lot of dialog going but I for one appreciate beamshots :)

What do you think of the JM07 Pro? I bought one of these from the intl-outdoor store end of last year. I'm not generally in search of throwers but this reaches out as far as I need with some decent spill, love the format, great feeling on the switch, 3C tint option. I must admit I was suckered in by the "white" and was bummed out when it arrived and is actually silver (sort of, kind of). I guess this is where they came up with the stone white color description. Despite the color misunderstanding I like this thing quite a bit.

It's also interesting to see the Olight M20 Ti on here. It was one of the first lights I bought when I started getting interested in all this, Olight advertised "500 lumens" when most other similar sized lights at the time were 200 lumens or less. This was about the time I started noticing the emitter vs. OTF marketing and discussions. That experience left a sour taste in my mouth for Olight, because you can dress the rhetoric up however you want (some even still defend it), but there is nowhere near 500 lumen output no matter how you dice up the pieces. Sad thing is the host is absolutely beautiful and if they just would have driven the SST-50 harder they would have had a real winner (I think I remember reading the SST-50 is driven at 1.0 amp in this thing).

I digress. Thanks for the work!

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx, I appreciate it! Indeed it's a lot of work but hopefully it's useful to the community as a reference of sorts.

I have both the standard JM07 Pro as well as the Stone White. Quality-wise, they're OK. The regular has poor anodization (missing in certain parts) and is completely mis-matched in the heat fins (lighter than bezel and body/tailcap). To be fair, this is the gunmetal version that they had stopped producing due to anodization issues. Output is decent and the heat dissapation seems to work pretty well. The tint is near perfect as far as nuetral goes (I dislike warm). As for the Stone White, I noticed that even though it's neutral as well, it's got a slight green tint to it (which can just be contributed to differences between each LED), however what's weird is that it has a tighter hotspot (as can be seen in shots above) even though both reflectors look identical. Overall, solid lights and I can't complain for the price paid. I would however like to see quality bumped up just a notch on these.

As for the M20 Ti, agreed, at the time it was a let down since when compared to the VX Ultra (rated at 550lms at the time), it was noticeably less output. Using my PVC LMD, I was able to confirm that output is nowhere near the claimed 500 and measured 345. I'm actually running a UF 3-mode XM-L drop-in with it and while there are some physical gaps (since the reflector is smaller), the output is over 700+ (again as measured on my PVC LMD). It definitely is a gorgeous host and I had actually purchased a second one for modding with a custom TIR but unfortunately that never panned out so I ended up trading it away. But now I digress as well. :)

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
All,

Sunwayman T60CS added as well as bounce shots for multi-lights as per chart in OP. Hopefully the bounce shots will give you a good relative comparison for total output. Also, did a little remodeling around the house and painted the handrail legs and posts white so that may throw off comparisons a little w/the older pics but hopefully not too bad.

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
NITECORE SENS AA & CR added. Will add the Mini and other bat's for CR later.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPARK SP6 added. I'll update the chart after I've taken lux measurements.

EDIT: Chart updated, output for Stanley Max added as well.

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niwalker NWK 550N3 (including diffuser & RYGB filters) added. The filters were a little hard to get perfect using AWB however they were reasonably close with two noticeable exceptions:
- blue was a bit darker and richer in real life vs. photos
- "red" is as I saw with my eyes (more orange than red)
- yellow was not as green as depicted in these shots

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Retook L3 K40 for better comparo vs. TN 31. Added Olight SR90 and Niwalker 600N1 shots. Green cells indicate new measurements.

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM26, P25 | Olight M3X XM-L2 | Shadow GF1 added. PVC LMD lumens added for EYE25.

More lights a coming...

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shadow JM07 (XM-L U2), JM26, SL3, TC350, TC500 added

These are the final lights for this series as I have switched cameras and thus any future pics won't be a direct comparo w/lights in this thread. Will be looking to redo this in the future.