PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

Default Re: DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

Otterbox and Pelican cases are too large for pocket carry. Delrin cases are perfect for me.

The whole point of me looking at DEFT-edc is so that I can reduce my inventory with a farther throwing light.

Quote Originally Posted by enomosiki View Post
    Otterbox and Pelican cases are too large for pocket carry. Delrin cases are perfect for me.

The whole point of me looking at DEFT-edc is so that I can reduce my inventory with a farther throwing light.
    I haven't seen a Delrin case...what are the dimensions?

I'm always looking for stuff like that.

Well enomoski, you can forget it. Saalbuster had said in the first post that he wont make DEFT EDCs anymore and that they are out of production... But that's GREAT news for me! As it means we'll get the real DEFT very soon hopefully!

I want to emphasize again if there are any of these left, that this DEFT edc LR 72K cd (that name is too long) really kicks ass. Way beyond the two previous versions.

I'm a proud Incand Jockey to this day, but these are just so perfect for having mega throw in a small package (I said earlier it's like having a MaxaBeam pocket version) and that is circumscribed into a square footprint that does not spill into homes and oncoming traffic when out walking your dog. There is nothing else like it, especially using the mega throw to eyeball those lurking coyotees that are so cunning in stalking you at night.

Quote Originally Posted by yifu View Post
    Well enomoski, you can forget it. Saalbuster had said in the first post that he wont make DEFT EDCs anymore and that they are out of production... But that's GREAT news for me! As it means we'll get the real DEFT very soon hopefully!
    I'm just going by what the guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    As a follow-up of my previous question from another thread regarding DEFT-edc with CR123A and/or RCR123A compatibilities; when can it be expected?
    It may be awhile. 5-6 months maybe.
    So, I would appreciate it if you can stop ruining it for me. D:<

So, I would appreciate it if you can stop ruining it for me. D:<
    If are that adamant about it I may be able to fit an alternative circuit into a host for you. I wouldn't expect the same performance but it would be close. Just PM or email me.

Hi all, I just ordered a DEFT EDC LR+. Does this light use a 18650 with a flat or button top? I'm looking at the Callies Kustoms cells, (I assume these are the same as the kallies customs referenced in the run-time chart?) and noticed the two options. Thanks
    -Rick

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    If are that adamant about it I may be able to fit an alternative circuit into a host for you. I wouldn't expect the same performance but it would be close. Just PM or email me.
    I tried PM, but it said that your inbox is full. As for your email... I can't even begin to think where to find it, unless I can use the contact form on OMGL.

I tried PM, but it said that your inbox is full. As for your email... I can't even begin to think where to find it, unless I can use the contact form on OMGL.
    I'm in the middle of putting the kids down so give me a while and I'll clear my inbox. You are welcome to use the contact page as well.

Email sent.

Quote Originally Posted by rick108 View Post
    Hi all, I just ordered a DEFT EDC LR+. Does this light use a 18650 with a flat or button top? I'm looking at the Callies Kustoms cells, (I assume these are the same as the kallies customs referenced in the run-time chart?) and noticed the two options. Thanks
    -Rick
    I use Callies in my Deft edc LR...so that 1 mm + must be good to go. (The one with the + end raised 1 mm, as opposed to a classic "Button")

Alright cool, thanks for the response I hope my order went through OK. I've been wanting one of these lights for a long time...

Hi
    i have sent you an email through your site as i can not pm you as you in box is full.

ATB
    Colin i look forward to your reply

Just curious- Do you anticipate continuing to offer the SF host mod version of the LR or LR+ after the completed lights you have remaining are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by col48 View Post
    Hi
    i have sent you an email through your site as i can not pm you as you in box is full.

ATB
    Colin i look forward to your reply
    I just cleared space in my inbox. I'll look for your email though.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Just curious- Do you anticipate continuing to offer the SF host mod version of the LR or LR+ after the completed lights you have remaining are gone?
    Yes I do plan to continue to offer the P60 mods for the foreseeable future.

Enlightened

My DEFT edc+ arrived yesterday, what a light! It actually outthrows my WiseLed tactical 2600.
    I can't imagine how much better the LR is- it must be awesome.
    Many thanks for the light and the quick postage.

Had my 6P upgraded to the current version. Smokey conditions last night, perfect for a quick beam shot.

This light is amazing.

-PSM

Saabluster,

I have been looking at your Deft EDC LR+ and like the extra lux it offers over the previous version. Could you provide some details of the EDC Enthusiast edition you are going to come out with and date of release? I don't want to purchase the LR+ and then see that you have upgraded the enthusiast edition with farther throw and more lux.

It will help me make my decision on my purchase
    "Light up the Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Well I hate to go back on what I just said but it seems I may need to draw the P60 mods to a close real soon due to LED sourcing concerns. I only have a few more pills made and don't know that I will be making any more. I will leave the P60 option up just a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    Saabluster,

I have been looking at your Deft EDC LR+ and like the extra lux it offers over the previous version. Could you provide some details of the EDC Enthusiast edition you are going to come out with and date of release? I don't want to purchase the LR+ and then see that you have upgraded the enthusiast edition with farther throw and more lux.

It will help me make my decision on my purchase
    I don't know the release date since I am waiting on the lens manufacturer to get me the lenses first. The lights will be released shortly after they arrive. Performance should be around 90Kcd or so. After all the lights are fully built I will characterize the performance better. The price will be significantly more than the LR+ level so that is something else to consider. There is just so much work wrapped up in these last lights.

saabluster,

Just placed an order for the deft edc lr+! Wohoo! This will be my first real thrower. Can't wait till this arrives. With me being in TX should be a short trip
    "Light up the Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Had my 6P upgraded to the current version. Smokey conditions last night, perfect for a quick beam shot.

This light is amazing.

"Luke I am your father."

I didn't realize that saabluster was also selling light saber's!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Just ordered a DEFT-edc LR+ and I assume the dimensions are the same as the DEFT-edc LR which says that the body diameter is 25.08mm. I'm trying to track down a removable clip for this light so can you confirm that the diameter between the 2 grip rings on the DEFT-edc LR+ is 25.08mm? I'm also wondering if this light will take an AW 18650 IC 2900mAh or 3100mAh batteries. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARIAN-X View Post
    Just ordered a DEFT-edc LR+ and I assume the dimensions are the same as the DEFT-edc LR which says that the body diameter is 25.08mm. I'm trying to track down a removable clip for this light so can you confirm that the diameter between the 2 grip rings on the DEFT-edc LR+ is 25.08mm? I'm also wondering if this light will take an AW 18650 IC 2900mAh or 3100mAh batteries. Thanks!
    I don't know the diameter between the grip rings and I'm sure saabluster will chime in soon.

As far as the cells go I have read in another thread that saabluster prefers using Callies Kustoms 3100mAh cells.
    They offer two sized cells in the 3100mAh size - 3100 w/pcb 1mm top apx measurements 18.7 x 68.8mm and 3100 w/pcb button top apx measurements 18.7 x 70mm. These cells are slightly larger than the AW cells you mentioned.

Both the AW 2900mAh and 3100mAh measure apx 18.52 x 68.16mm. These cells should work in the deft edc lr+ with no issues.
    "Light up the Darkness"

Would I require IMR's instead of ICR's to acheive max throw? Thanks!

You don't need IMR as the 18650 are relatively high capacity. The Le does not draw more than 1.4amps so it will happily run on a 18650 that is 2 amps or more

In fact I am thinking of chopping my deft EDC up and shortening the tube so I can use a IMR 18350 that is rated at 850ma that can handle the amp draw. I will be shortening the torch by 300mm or so which is good for my holster.
    Last edited by mohanjude; 04-10-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

That measurement is applicable to the LR+ as well yes. The AW cells will work fine.

Would I require IMR's instead of ICR's to acheive max throw? Thanks!
    IMR cells do not provide any advantage in this particular light over the Panasonic NCR18650A which are the basis of the AW 3100 and the Callie's Kustoms among others. I have found that some of the cheaper DX cells allow for too much voltage sag and so cannot push the LED in the edc hard enough. The NCR cells do not have this problem and they have the best capacity as well as being a high quality cell. There just really is no reason IMO to buy anything else at this point in time. To buy a cheaper cell would be false economizing and very short sighted.

I ordered a removable Zebralight clip that fits the SC600 & SC80.
    SC600 Body Diameter: 25.4mm
    SC80 Body Diameter: 23.9 mm
    My guess is that it should fit the DEFT-edc LR+ diameter of 25.08mm. If not I will have to explore other options because I can't trust it to just sit in my pocket not clipped on. I would love to find a more permanent solution so if anyone has any suggestions please chime in. Thanks!

Now I'm looking for the diameter of the end of the tube including the threads with the tail cap removed so I can see if I can track down a permanent clip. Please and thanks!

Now I'm looking for the diameter of the end of the tube including the threads with the tail cap removed so I can see if I can track down a permanent clip. Please and thanks!
    Thread OD 21.7mm

The area where a clip could sit is 21.9mm though.

Ok thanks!
    This one should do the trick! http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-Elzetta-etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast