BlackShadow
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

Default Re: DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

Ordered a LR+ to Macau about a week ago and I'm wondering if it's been shipped yet. I have been itching to get my hands on this light

Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    Ordered a LR+ to Macau about a week ago and I'm wondering if it's been shipped yet. I have been itching to get my hands on this light
    Not yet. Give me till Thursday. If it's not sent by then than sick the dogs on me. Been making a few last minute "adjustments" to the last batch of LR+. Beneficial ones.

No worries I know you are busy and I'm glad to hear that these lights are getting even more tweaks before heading out.

One last question, is the LR+ upgradeable to the the Enthusiast model you are releasing later on?

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    Not yet. Give me till Thursday. If it's not sent by then than sick the dogs on me. Been making a few last minute "adjustments" to the last batch of LR+. Beneficial ones.
    Sweet! Take your time with mine...I like beneficial adjustments, especially necessary ones.

saabluster,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the process. I recently ordered the LR+ so I am guessing my order may be included in this batch. I really like beneficial adjustments and can't wait for the light!
    "Light up the Darkness"

i hope you tweaked mine before you shipped it out yesterday. Will the 90k lux edc thats coming soon be neutral as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    saabluster,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the process. I recently ordered the LR+ so I am guessing my order may be included in this batch. I really like beneficial adjustments and can't wait for the light!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    i hope you tweaked mine before you shipped it out yesterday. Will the 90k lux edc thats coming soon be neutral as well?
    I'm pretty sure both of yours are covered. The ones with the adjustment are the ones that have or will be shipped this week.

Make mine extra special...I won't tell!

Mine will therefore be more extra special than Barbarian's of course.

As long as mine is MORE special than Barbarian and TEEJ than I will be fine

I received the shipping notification on Tuesday of this week but it has not shown any actual movement. So i'm guessing you printed out the shipping label, but are tweaking mine before shipment

My order was for one of the last 3 LR+ you had left on the website. I'm in TX as well so the trip should be a short one.

If my LR+ hits 90cd I won't tell anyone
    "Light up the Darkness"

I received the shipping notification on Tuesday of this week but it has not shown any actual movement. So i'm guessing you printed out the shipping label, but are tweaking mine before shipment

My order was for one of the last 3 LR+ you had left on the website. I'm in TX as well so the trip should be a short one.

Mine needs to hit 101k cd

Last edited by TEEJ; 04-12-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Mine better hit 100k cd then

Hi saabluster!

Is mine included in this 'special adjustment' batch?

Cheers - Glenn

I had # 3 and then backed out to check a couple of things. When I cam back there was only 2 left so I figured I'd better jump.
    I also ordered Sky Ray S-R5 with an XM-L T6 just to have some spare parts.

Hey anyone have any idea the approx range this thing can throw? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARIAN-X View Post
    Hey anyone have any idea the approx range this thing can throw? Thanks!
    The plain LR I had was able to show me stuff ~ 500 meters away.

The LR+ should be able to go even further.

I just got my LR+ today. Can't wait for it to get dark outside, do you know if mine is the 72k or was I lucky enough to get one of the extra special ones? I will post my review/feedback after I have had a chance to play around with this thing. Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    The plain LR I had was able to show me stuff ~ 500 meters away.The LR+ should be able to go even further.
    500 meters! It will be nice to see how much throw the LR+ have!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by shramj View Post
    I just got my LR+ today. Can't wait for it to get dark outside, do you know if mine is the 72k or was I lucky enough to get one of the extra special ones? I will post my review/feedback after I have had a chance to play around with this thing. Thanks, Joe
    Joe,

The Deft EDC LR+ are rated at 72K cd. The members including myself who are still waiting for our LR+'s will more than likely receive the same rating as you have - 72K cd. Considering that's what we paid for and that is the expectation I am fine with that.

We have just been having fun or maybe dreaming that the "last minute adjustments" may tweak even more throw and/or lux out of the lights.

We can dream can't we?
    Last edited by Draven451; 04-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    "Light up the Darkness"

DEFT edc LR (NOT +)

The above were taken on a hazy night, but the beam is visible on the transmission tower across the lake 500 meters away.

I was using a crappy hand held point and shoot, before I figured out how to use the timer to take the pic, etc...so its a really grainy/crappy set of pics. In real life, you could see it all a lot sharper.

For comparison:

SR90 at same tower

SR90 at same tower with timed shutter release/closer zoom

TEEJ,

Were you shining your LR from the NJ upper bay across to the NY side?
    Last edited by Draven451; 04-12-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    "Light up the Darkness"

Holy crap! That's retarded for a light this size.
    Draven451 you didn't have to pay extra for the 100K cd adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARIAN-X View Post
    Holy crap! That's retarded for a light this size.
    Draven451 you didn't have to pay extra for the 100K cd adjustment?
    Barbarian,

We are suppose to be keeping the adjustment a

I wish we were getting a 100k cd adjustment! I'm not sure my wallet could take any more beating this month!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Awesome thanks mike. I cant wait till a new full size deft comes out, I'm hoping it will be 1 million lux.
    Last edited by Shooter21; 04-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Joe,

The Deft EDC LR+ are rated at 72K cd. The members including myself who are still waiting for our LR+'s will more than likely receive the same rating as you have - 72K cd. Considering that's what we paid for and that is the expectation I am fine with that.

We have just been having fun or maybe dreaming that the "last minute adjustments" may tweak even more throw and/or lux out of the lights.

We can dream can't we?
    Ok, gotcha, I'm really excited to see what this thing can do. Will report back tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to this light but the limited edition edc enthusiast is the one I really want.

We have movement folks! My light is now travelling my way~*

My LR+ is scheduled for delivery this Saturday 04/14/12! Wohoo! Can't wait to get this light!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Well all the lights but two have gone out.

Guilty as charged. I expected to get them out that day but I severely misjudged how much time I had that day and how much work I had getting them all prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by helios123 View Post
    Hi saabluster!

Is mine included in this 'special adjustment' batch?

Cheers - Glenn
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shramj View Post
    Pretty sure.

Joe,

We can dream can't we?
    That's a good attitude to have. That said all the lights in this last batch should be over the normal LR+ spec. With the latest adjustment I have been getting typical performance of about 76Kcd. Had a couple get to 80Kcd. And no I don't know which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    Awesome thanks mike. I cant wait till a new full size deft comes out, I'm hoping it will be 1 million lux.
    That makes two of us.

With the latest adjustment I have been getting typical performance of about 76Kcd. Had a couple get to 80Kcd. And no I don't know which ones.
    I wish mine is one of these!

That's a good attitude to have. That said all the lights in this last batch should be over the normal LR+ spec. With the latest adjustment I have been getting typical performance of about 76Kcd. Had a couple get to 80Kcd. And no I don't know which ones..
    There you have it folks. We have a member of our community who actively contributes and participates on this board and shares his knowledge freely. Who has consistently pushed the boundaries capable for achieving the highest lux in a small form factor edc light . If that was not enough he is trying to squeeze even more out of his lights that he is offering us!

All I can say is Bravo for tirelessly striving to perfect your craft and fine tune your lights while offering our community an exceptional value and the best lights on the market bar none!

We are the humble stewards of your lights and hope we can handle them with the care and respect they deserve ~*
    "Light up the Darkness"