glow cubes...anyone try these?

chriscoobs

Newly Enlightened
I was looking around online and came accross these glow cubes http://www.batterystation.com/curtisium.htm

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these. My idea was to buy 10-20 of these and put them in a clear glass case as sort of a night light. If anyone has used these or have a better idea let me know. thanks
chris,

chrischoi

Newly Enlightened
For .50 cents each, you should just grab them up. Worst thing is you'll be out $5 - $10.

tacdrivrnc

Newly Enlightened
I got 5 each of the green and blue just to round out my last order from them. I can't find a use for them either yet but they are kinda neat. The green ones are much brighter. So, any project ideas?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 5 each of the green and blue just to round out my last order from them. I can't find a use for them either yet but they are kinda neat. The green ones are much brighter. So, any project ideas?

Very useful nightstand coasters. What do they look like in light?

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
I know it's an old thread but here goes.
These are still listed for sale on the Battery Station website so I sent them an email via the "contact us" link on the website enquiring about shipping charges to the U.K. I know these can vary between sites from the U.S.A. One week on and even allowing for the "9-5 Mon to Fri" opening hours I'm wondering if it's worth the bother.
I'll continue to use Glow Inc.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
Re: glow cubes...anyone try these

They've lost a customer.
I've sourced GITD paint and powder in the U.K. that is good quality and sheets of GITD adhesive backed plastic sheets from South Korea both are good quality and cheaper than other alternatives and without the risk of customs or more particularly Royal Mail slapping a surcharge on the items.
Last time I bought a 1oz bag of V10, $28 + a reasonable $8 for shipping total so far $36. Customs opens a 1oz packet of powder from Florida, slaps a £3.85 - $6 V.A.T. charge on it, now $42 and the Royal Mail charge me £8 - $12 for re-packing = taping the original box back up. Total $54 = £35 for something that cost £18 at the start.
For the same price I can get 100g ~ 3.5oz of ultra green powder.
The plastic from South Korea is 99c = 64p + 99c = 64p P+P, by Air Mail Letter, quick and easy.
Sorry, this started as a quest for the glow :duh2: and ended somewhere else. :eek: