NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: Boring service for Surefire and other aluminum or titanium lights

Default Re: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Boring out a Detonator tailcap, essentially the same amount of setup & time as a single cell light.

100A2340.jpg
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Boring out a Detonator tailcap, essentially the same amount of setup & time as a single cell light.

100A2340.jpg
    Oh yeah...paired it with my bored 6p and running 2x18500...Thanks for an incredible quality Barry!

You're certainly welcome! I appreciate all the business you've sent me.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Almost fully caught up, one package of five lights that need clips & the bench is clear. Meaning 2-3 week turnaround at this time.

Flashaholic*

Good Morning

Could you bore a Surefire 9Z? Here are photos of the light: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EpHbE9pTl9TMUk

Kind regards,
    HP

Default Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Yes, I've done a few of them, they are more time-consuming to set up and the price is $62 + $8 return shipping in the USA or $30 international.

Please remove both O rings and all the combat rings before shipping.

Unenlightened

Are you able to bore an M620V to accept 18650?

I've never machined one before so I cannot tell you yes or no.

Are you still offering this service? I️ would like to have my Surefire Fury intellibeam bored. Thanks.

Flashaholic

Did you ever confirm/bore MDC bodies can to accept 18350 cells?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jdboy View Post
    Have you bored any of the Malkoff MDC series bodies? They're E series compatible and I thought the single cell body bored for a 18350 would be a nice fit for a high output E series head.
    Referring to this post... Thanks

Please note ... you now have two options for speed of turnaround:

1) I now offer 2-week turnaround for twice the delivered price I've always charged (i.e. $100 for a 6P, $120 for an E1 or E2, etc.)

2) Or indefinite turnaround for one-half the price of 2-week service (i.e. $50 for a 6P, $60 for an E1 or E2, etc,). Indefinite really means just that, I will not give a time frame or quote a date/month/etc. if you choose this option.

All prices are in post #1.
    Last edited by precisionworks; 02-28-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Three lights came in about a week ago, one E2E bored for 18650 (photos) & two E1E's bored for 18350. Bought a new reamer for 18350 & it works well, photos later.

First image (BORING3) shows assembled E2E running 18650 to the original SF incan bulb. Second image (BORING2) shows tube finish off the reamer, smooth enough to function but it does not meet my acceptable standard. Third image (BORING1) shows finish after ball honing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by precisionworks; 02-28-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Default Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Last edited by precisionworks; 03-03-2018 at 01:39 PM.

I was recently referred to Barry by Hanko Machine Works as I was looking to have a couple of E Series Surefire torches bored. Communication was great with Barry from start to finish. Barry offered his new expedited service to me as I was looking for a quicker turnaround and man was it fast. I don’t think I need to mention much about the quality of the work because we all know it’s top notch. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aduraku View Post
    I was recently referred to Barry by Hanko Machine Works as I was looking to have a couple of E Series Surefire torches bored. Communication was great with Barry from start to finish. Barry offered his new expedited service to me as I was looking for a quicker turnaround and man was it fast. I don’t think I need to mention much about the quality of the work because we all know it’s top notch. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround Barry.
    Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate your business.

Default Re: Boring service for Surefire and other aluminum or titanium lights

Note: Paypal is accepted ONLY for the 2-week option.

Please send your check or money order with the light if you choose the lower cost, indefinite wait option.

Default Re: Boring service for Surefire and other aluminum or titanium lights

When the lathe is covered I’m all caught up on boring jobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by precisionworks; 03-08-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112