ArmyTek        
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Default Re: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

This is also posted in Mechanical Modding Services:

(Drum roll please) All lights have been machined & returned to their owners.

Teaching machining for the spring semester ended May 13 & I've been working non stop to get caught up. I'd let my shop become a disaster & there were tools scattered everywhere. Not one clean workbench anywhere & the shop is 2100 square foot (195 square meter) ... meaning it took most of a week to do a major clean up & reorganization. I found stuff that had "been lost" for a long time.

My work truck was just as disorganized until the cab was emptied out, the big Knaack 4830 Job Box was cleaned out & everything was put back in order.

It feels like a weight is off my shoulders & I hope to never get so far behind again.

If you send in a light or lights right now the turn around should be not more than two weeks.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Boring out a Detonator tailcap, essentially the same amount of setup & time as a single cell light.

100A2340.jpg
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Boring out a Detonator tailcap, essentially the same amount of setup & time as a single cell light.

100A2340.jpg
    Oh yeah...paired it with my bored 6p and running 2x18500...Thanks for an incredible quality Barry!

You're certainly welcome! I appreciate all the business you've sent me.

Almost fully caught up, one package of five lights that need clips & the bench is clear. Meaning 2-3 week turnaround at this time.

Flashaholic*

Good Morning

Could you bore a Surefire 9Z? Here are photos of the light: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EpHbE9pTl9TMUk

Kind regards,
    HP

Default Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Yes, I've done a few of them, they are more time-consuming to set up and the price is $62 + $8 return shipping in the USA or $30 international.

Please remove both O rings and all the combat rings before shipping.

Unenlightened

Are you able to bore an M620V to accept 18650?

I've never machined one before so I cannot tell you yes or no.

Are you still offering this service? I️ would like to have my Surefire Fury intellibeam bored. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryChannel View Post
    Are you still offering this service? I️ would like to have my Surefire Fury intellibeam bored. Thanks.
    I’ve not had any time in my shop since March 2017. The Electrical portion of my business really took off & hasn’t slowed down yet. Not sure when or if I’ll offer these services again.

Enlightened

Did you ever confirm/bore MDC bodies can to accept 18350 cells?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by jdboy View Post
    Have you bored any of the Malkoff MDC series bodies? They're E series compatible and I thought the single cell body bored for a 18350 would be a nice fit for a high output E series head.
    Referring to this post... Thanks

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112