Gearbest        
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Default Re: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll contact the site admin & have it corrected.
    I was referring to the first post in this thread. Unless you can't edit your post

Sorry for the confusion
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Mike, your light is done

Surefire E1E bored for 18350 ...

Battery tube is first bored to near net size & then reamed to 18.50mm (.7283"). Bore is then refined with a 300 grit ball hone, followed by 600 grit, and finished with 1200 grit. Honing opens up the bore to 18.52mm (.7290"). The 18mm test cells will just slide into the bore without binding but there is no wiggle room - this leaves the wall thickness as great as possible.
    Hi, I have a project, can you do the above on my E1e body? How much??

I want to have it bored for this setup:

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    ... can you do the above on my E1e body? How much??
    Certainly, $48 for boring & $6 return shipping.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Certainly, $48 for boring & $6 return shipping.
    Perfect, I'm most definitely going to do it. Can I just ship to the addy on your website?

I will confirm before shipping, looking to ship to you in the next week or so.

Thanks Barry! Still loving my 3P you bored for me.

Can I just ship to the addy on your website?
    Exactly.

Still loving my 3P you bored for me.
    Thank your for your kind words. That's the first "short" Surefire that was ever bored in my shop.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Thank your for your kind words. That's the first "short" Surefire that was ever bored in my shop.
    Oh yeah that's right!!!

Is it ok for you if I ship this week?

I will send PP when u recieve.

Thanks!

Is it ok for you if I ship this week?
    Surely. Please wait to pay until the work is completed as there are quite a few in line ahead of you.

Sounds good Barry. I'll ship in the AM.

Hi Barry, I just received a bored E2e from a member who had it done by you - I just wanted to say that I love your work!

Hi,

I have three Surefire LX2, L4 and E2L and would like to bore out for AW18650. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by knguye11 View Post
    ... LX2, L4 and E2L and would like to bore out for AW18650.

All three can be bored for 18650 like the E2L being measured below:

All E-series lights are $48 per light for boring. Please send at least one battery that you plan to use so I can verify correct sizing. The smallest batteries (so far) are the AW18650 in both 2900 mAh & 3100 mAh. FWIW the 3100 run a few thousandths smaller than the 2900.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will pack and send them in soon.

Sorry for newbie question, but I also have M3 and wanted to bore out for 18650. How many battery will the 18650 fit in the M3?

M3's are 100mm. 18650's need 65 or 130mm.

Go with M3 for 2x18500. Go with M4 for 2x18650.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Hi Barry,

I would like an E series body bored,what is lead time on something like this?

To be on the safe side figure 6-12 months. Chances are it will be less.

6-12 months is a long time in the life of a flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Light11 View Post
    6-12 months is a long time in the life of a flashaholic
    Yes, Barry's work is very precise. Good things come to those who wait.

Thank you for your kind words PSM

Post #1 in each sticky section now includes this wording:

My shop primarily provides trouble shooting, emergency repairs & fabrication to local area business owners. Flashlights are machined whenever the time is available, meaning that your light may not be machined for many weeks after arrival - some lights may wait here for 6 months before they can be machined. Please don't send your light if you need it back by a date certain. Lights are machined in the order in which they arrive.

Six months or less is a more realistic time estimate. Quite a few members appreciate a realistic answer as opposed to my usual optimistic response. As long as someone knows up front the approximate time they seem OK with it.

For those needing a light done for less money (and perhaps sooner) ElectronGuru is the man to contact. There's a link in post #44.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the email messages Barry. My set of E-series bodies will be on their way to you soon.

I sent in my L4 and E2L last week. Hopefully they have arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by knguye11 View Post
    I sent in my L4 and E2L last week. Hopefully they have arrived.
    About two hours ago to be exact

A quick update for those who've been patiently waiting for boring work ... Started working through the backlog & E-series are the first lights being done. Reason being that there are some E-series that have been here for a while & once I set up for a particular body all those bodies get done before changing setup. So far four E2's are done as is one E1.

A number of M3's are next in line but I'm waiting on a specialty tool to do those long bodies. Tool should arrive within one week barring any more terrible weather.

Default Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Great job Barry, I'm very happy with my E1e.

Happy to hear that PSM

I don't imagine there are many other lights that small with so many lumens output.

Finished up all the E-series plus one M3 and one 7Z. Going out of town, be back Friday afternoon & will email invoices to all owners. Changing tooling to work on V10R's starting next week.

Nice to once again see the workbench ...

Barry, pardon my laziness for not searching, can you bore Ti McClicky CR123 paks to 18m?

... can you bore Ti McClicky CR123 paks to 18m?
    It is physically possible to do that & there's perhaps someone on the forum who will do that. I don't bore any custom Ti lights because the cost of replacement is many times more than the profit to be made.

Finished up all the E-series plus one M3 and one 7Z. Going out of town, be back Friday afternoon & will email invoices to all owners. ...
    Thanksgiving got extended one additional day & we got back Saturday afternoon. Invoices were just emailed & lights are packed for shipment tomorrow

All I can say is ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast