RMSK, Inc.        
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Tritium slot machining

Default Re: Tritium slot machining

Hey,
    Quick question : has anyone successfully machined tritium slots in titanium on a lathe using a 90° table ?

I can't imagine any way more difficult but someone probably has. Mounting a rotary indexing fixture to the cross slide might work on a lathe that weighs 10,000 kg.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

NOTE: I'm not accepting any new trit slot work. There are quite a few reasons for this but two really stand out. I don't enjoy the work & it has yet to be profitable.

You've been a great bunch to work with & I appreciate your patience with the long delays. I do tend to put things off that I'd rather not do & trit slotting is high on that list.

I highly recommend Jeff Hanko as an excellent source for slot work - his new CNC machining center is up & running & he's a super nice guy to deal with. And he's more picky about perfection than anyone else I know.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?3065-jhanko

Boring & mechanical modding services will continue to be offered as always.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: All trit work is done as of 07-14-2013
    Last edited by precisionworks; 12-29-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: No longer accepting trit slot work
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at www:Precision.Works

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567