4 Sevens
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: **NEW** Sunwayman V11R (XM-L U2, 500lm)

Default Re: **NEW** Sunwayman V11R (XM-L U2, 500lm)

Its being said SWM is conservative when quoting lumens output. They quoted the V10A to be 460 lumens with a 14500. What is the real lumens value of the V10A?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    I already have a V10R Ti and was looking into purchasing a XM-L V10A or V10R in black, would I go for the new V11R instead? I am unsure, I will have to wait for a full review and loads of real life photos.

Skyraider59
    I'm in the same boat as you. I very much like the distinctive look of the V10 series. While it does have some nice new traits, to me this light starts to look much like other lights on the market. Fortunately, at least the V10R Ti+ still keeps the older looks!
    Here is a list of my lights.

I'm with most everything skyraider said and the rest of you guys. I really like the looks of the SWM V and M series. Hate the name Mr Elfin but find the light very distinctive and attractive. For my taste or preference I like for a light like that if it has no tail switch to have a length of about 100mm. I also prefer a lot of light on max, at least 500 lumens. I was hoping for a body more closely resembling the V10 Ti but in Al with anodization options like the Mr. Elfin. I also prefer a light with more a neutral light tint. If they could plug an XM-L T-5 into a V10R TI+ type body made of aluminum and anodized tan with a Ti clip, I would have the perfect light. (for me) As it is I put my money down on a V10R Ti+. I almost bought the Jet-Beam RRT-01 but I am waffling about the lack of a tail switch and a length of 81mm. A very EDC'able size and very nice looking but I'm just not sure. The V11R would be a no brainer if it had a screw on clip. I like how it looks with the AA extender. I also agree that the body does look rather generic, but I did not actually notice until I read it in a previous post. I would like to see a body like that of the JetBeam TCR2.

Sorry for rambling, still drinking my coffee and not all here yet.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Unenlightened

I feel that as flashlight connoisseurs, our taste should be more refined from having collected an abundance of lights, and we should expect everything from a new light. I would love to see manufactures produce more interchangeable accessories so that I can customize the light to my needs. Most likely, I will be adding this to my budding collection. I am hoping the parts will truly be interchangable with my M10R so I can swap parts!
    Last edited by shawn.m.gao; 03-31-2012 at 01:09 AM.

its very nice,but 500lm,i dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by sailor1179 View Post
    its very nice,but 500lm,i dont think so
    Watcha mean, sailor? You don't think that it will be so bright? Or you don't like it so bright?
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Sunwayman stop making me buy your products

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by shawn.m.gao View Post
    I would love to see manufactures produce more interchangeable accessories so that I can customize the light to my needs. Most likely, I will be adding this to my budding collection. I am hoping the parts will truly be interchangable with my M10R so I can swap parts!
    Sunwayman and other manufacturer take note!
    You have got a huge sales opportunity here in selling parts and accessories, I think really only Solarforce have realise this as they keep re-inventing the L2 flashlight by adding new bezel, new switch, clip, heads etc.

A few tritium accessories are available in limited RUNS from Veleno designs, but I would love to see non trit accessories. A simple ones and easy (in production already) would be the Titanium switch and bezel, they could be retro fitted to V10/M10 series! This would be popular I am sure.

Guys I have started a new CPF thread Show your Sunwayman V10 & M10 series

so I if you have got some photos please post them

Best
    Skyraider59

Looks like the V11R is now available at batteryjunction. If I wasn't waiting on the Ti+ that I pre-ordered, I'd probably order V11R with the AA extender.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    Looks like the V11R is now available at batteryjunction. If I wasn't waiting on the Ti+ that I pre-ordered, I'd probably order V11R with the AA extender.
    The V11R is still a ways out. You're probably looking at about 2 weeks from when you receive your V10R Ti+ until the V11R surfaces.

Any V11r sold in Canada yet?
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Quote Originally Posted by CarpentryHero View Post
    Any V11r sold in Canada yet?
    Pre-orders abound... only... for now

okay thanks

Thanks for the hot tip, I might buy one. I am not sure about the switch: In the BJ photos it is a SS switch in a black al body. It looks a little odd.
    Malo odiat lux (Latin proverb - Evil hates light)

Here's a higher res pic of the switch...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d83a5866-d1be-d905.jpg

Your image is huge it has ben replaced with a link
    See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Norm

Last edited by Norm; 04-11-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualnosaj View Post
    The V11R is still a ways out. You're probably looking at about 2 weeks from when you receive your V10R Ti+ until the V11R surfaces.

Looks like hkequipment is also offering the V11R on fleabay right now.
    Last edited by HIDblue; 04-03-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Not sure which site you're looking at but batteryjunction is showing the V11R will ship the next business day and not as a pre-order.

Looks like hkequipment is also offering the V11R on fleabay right now.
    Darn Canadians always the last in. The "Canadian batch" isn't due to arrive for a few more days and then a few more yet to ship out meaning 2 weeks or so until it's in someone's hands. Now if those folks actually received already, let's get the reviews going!

Aww two days ago I agreed with the wife that I'd wait until May 1st to buy the V11R. I agreed because I thought the new light wouldn't be out so soon. Hah, now I have to wait

I'm really curious to know if there will be any rattle running an Eneloop or 14500. I'm assuming not but I'd like to see what people's initial impressions are. If not then I'm buying it.

IT'S HERE!! I just ordered the V11R from BJ. It goes out tomorrow and will be in my hands on April 10.

its available now from my favourite HK dealer at ebay for 65 Euro and 13 Euro for the extender

I saw it on BJ as well, and I was about to buy it but I've already made quite a few impulse buys on other lights in the past few days.

Plus my V10R is less than a week old (I knew I should've held out) but I still like playing with it.... or I might just sell it cheap to help fund the V11R.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokron View Post
    IT'S HERE!! I just ordered the V11R from BJ. It goes out tomorrow and will be in my hands on April 10.
    I also received a shipping notice on the V11R from BJ today. I'll be receiving a review sample, so I'll post a link here when the review is started.

Wow, they are out dang I :broke for another week

Flashaholic

Still comparing between V11R and RRT-01. Reverse polarity protection is not mentioned in the V11R specs. Guess it has to do without?
    L10 nichia 3mode : Jetbeam rrt-01 : 2x ZLh501w : IncenDio-v3 : Jet-III-M-ww : Parasitic drain ones: HDS high cri : Nitecore D10 nichia ramping.

Quote Originally Posted by e1sbaer View Post
    Still comparing between V11R and RRT-01. Reverse polarity protection is not mentioned in the V11R specs. Guess it has to do without?
    Yeah, you'll just have to try really hard to wrestle that battery into the tube right side up

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Yeah, you'll just have to try really hard to wrestle that battery into the tube right side up
    It would be no wrestle if I were to be the only one handling it
    L10 nichia 3mode : Jetbeam rrt-01 : 2x ZLh501w : IncenDio-v3 : Jet-III-M-ww : Parasitic drain ones: HDS high cri : Nitecore D10 nichia ramping.

Does the RRT-01 have an AA extender?

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Does the RRT-01 have an AA extender?
    Nope.

However, the RRT-01's tube is wide enough that it easily holds 18350 IMR cells, which have higher capacity than either 16340 or 14500 IMR cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Nope.

However, the RRT-01's tube is wide enough that it easily holds 18350 IMR cells, which have higher capacity than either 16340 or 14500 IMR cells.
    Shoot! That was part of my decision process in getting the SWM V10r Ti+. That is- the capability for a different battery with higher capacity. #$&@! Now I'm gonna have to buy the JB as well. I better wait 'till my wife cools off about the SWM I just purchased.

I should have a V11R here very soon, quite possibly today even. Mine also is a review sample along with an M11R Natural, so keep your eyes peeled for new reviews within a week or so.

Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam e tenebris ad lucem!
    LaymansLights.com Now on Facebook and Twitter.