PF18! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[SIZE=+2]New Jersey Photon Festival #18 (PF18) will happen on Saturday, April 14, 2012.[/SIZE]

This is an initial posting for now. Watch this space for additional info, ground rules, logistics, and more in the near future! :D

See [SIZE=+1]Post #2[/SIZE] for additional things you might want to be aware of.

Also see [SIZE=+1]Post #3[/SIZE] for weather forecast and/or still more things you might want to be aware of.

Some quick things...

• This is a no alcohol event.
  • Attendees are asked to contribute a snack of some kind, or some soft drinks, or cups/plates/napkins, or similar.
  • If you have small trinkets to share, bring them! That's always fun.
  • If anyone has items to toss into an impromptu raffle, it's encouraged!
  • Kids welcome, but mom/dad will want to keep an eye on them.
  • If you're walking to the quarry, dress warmly and wear shoes for walking AND getting a bit dirty.
  • There is no fee to attend, but Data has generously established a "tip jar" with proceeds used to cover wear and tear to the yard, Mrs. Milky steam cleaning the carpet, etc. It's been much appreciated by the Mrs., which allows us to continue the event. If you can toss some funds in the jar, please do so.
  • Tank light is here. I need a couple car batteries to power it. Got any? Bring 'em, please.
  • Newbies, contact me for directions if you need them.
PF17 thread is over here for reference.

img-pf6-milky-house-with-logo.jpg

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post reserved for weather forecast and/or still more event information.

From the PhotonFest Archives...

img-pf9-living-data-bank.jpg

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'm In.

:D

I'll bring some chips/stuff.

What do you guys like?

:D

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember pounds of cheese puffs leftover. Built a second house with them.

(Okay, that second part is a total fabrication.) :p

Personally, I'm more of a pretzel and chip guy... but I'm only one of many!

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would like to attend this year but would need a ride from someone in nyc if possible.
Didn't you ride in with me and Jeff a few years back?
Sorry I moved out and away from the city so I can't help you out this time
It would be good to see you again hope you can make it.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
i would like to attend this year but would need a ride from someone in nyc if possible.

Maybe you could take the train/bus to a more local stop, and someone could pick you up on the NJ side?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

You could take a train almost all the way to my home, and someone (maybe me) could easily pick you up. It would take you a while to get all the way out here but it's certainly achievable! Plus you can spend the time as you wish: read; text; browse CPF; sleep (and dream of really powerful flashlights)... ;)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
You could take a train almost all the way to my home, and someone (maybe me) could easily pick you up. It would take you a while to get all the way out here but it's certainly achievable! Plus you can spend the time as you wish: read; text; browse CPF; sleep (and dream of really powerful flashlights)... ;)

If I am asleep, and the sun in shining on my face...the light shines through my eyelids, so to me, I see a red glow before I open my eyes.....

If you are dreaming of really powerful flashlights while sleeping on the train, would other passengers see your eyelids glow red?

:devil:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there's weekend service?...(from my recollection, the trains don't run on the weekend)...not out to the 'sticks' anyway, so to speak.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's weekend service?...(from my recollection, the trains don't run on the weekend)...not out to the 'sticks' anyway, so to speak.

I'm not looking on the schedule right now, but they ought to run at least to within 30 minute drive of my house, even on weekends. Might only run every 2-3 hours though.

...unless they changed the schedule in the past few years?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't missed one yet, looking forward to my 18th PF! See you guys there. --Tim

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope to make it. I'll know in a week or so.

Off topic reply: That Phillips 'bulb' looks like one of the two that Data recommended last PF. $12 is a great price for them! It's funny how they estimate the life of it at 22.8 years. Couldn't they round it off a bit, instead of pretending to be Mr. Spock.