Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part 10)

Default Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part

Quote Originally Posted by RCantor View Post
    Hi Dave! I want a module with a Cree XLamp MT-G2. I know they're not shipping yet but I also know you routinely do miracles. 4500K please.
    Hi
    you are correct as they don't even have a binning chart yet. I hope you have looked at the specs since the emitter is 9MM X9MM and is 25WATTS. This is a huge high powered EZ-white emitter. Once out we will look into it but I am sure it will take a special MCPCB mounting board.

Dave

Default Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / NICHIA 92CRI (part

i would like to buy a xml module for a surefire 6p. neutral white with 2 modes. I'm using it with a 2900mah 18650 and with 2 cr123's also. i'm not sure which one to order. I'm looking for the best throwing module with the most lumens you can make. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwollman View Post
    i would like to buy a xml module for a surefire 6p. neutral white with 2 modes. I'm using it with a 2900mah 18650 and with 2 cr123's also. i'm not sure which one to order. I'm looking for the best throwing module with the most lumens you can make. Thanks

Hi

Since you are only using a single li ion or 2XCR123 primaries you need to choose a 6 volt max driver, the brightest will be a U2 flux coolwhite XML with a smooth reflector as they give the best throw. Since you may be using primaries you should not go over the standard 2.8 amp module.

Shipping is included in the US.

thanks

Dave

PS if you have more questions answers may be delayed a bit as I am out of town until monday as posted a couple of posts back. Feel free to order if wanted and I will have it shipped by Tues. at the latest.

Hi

Since you are only using a single li ion or 2XCR123 primaries you need to choose a 6 volt max driver, the brightest will be a U2 flux coolwhite XML with a smooth reflector as they give the best throw. Since you may be using primaries you should not go over the standard 2.8 amp module.

thanks

Dave

PS if you have more questions answers may be delayed a bit as I am out of town until monday as posted a couple of posts back. Feel free to order if wanted and I will have it shipped by Tues. at the latest.

I don't know how to order and I can't seem to pm you due to account restrictions. can you pm me and i'll give you my email address for the invoice?

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post
    Hi

thanks

Dave

I don't know how to order and I can't seem to pm you due to account restrictions. can you pm me and i'll give you my email address for the invoice?
    Hi

No it will take one more PM I think for the mods to vet you and i put my PP addy in my bio so it takes a vetted member sorry, since you don't have that 3rd post I can't PM you either.

Here is my PP addy please put CPF nickname and what ordered in PP notes. sales at customlites.com you know what to replace in the addy to make it work.

Thanks

Dave

Hello again,
    are the dropins at customlite inc your dropins and do they come potted with tape also? I'm very new here so excuse my ignorance.

Hello again,
    are the dropins at customlite inc your dropins and do they come potted with tape also? I'm very new here so excuse my ignorance.
    Hi

Yes they are and yes they do.

thanks

Dave

Flashaholic

Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for a Nichia 219 4500k 92CRI neutral
    3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp
    OP Reflector / potted
    International postage

Transaction ID: 8BY188119J536864E

Thank You,

Kris.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisP View Post
    Hi Dave,

PayPal sent for a Nichia 219 4500k 92CRI neutral
    OP Reflector / potted
    International postage

Hi

Thanks for the order, don't forget as posted above it will be first of the week before I can get back to the shop to start shipping as I am out of town.

Have a great weekend

Dave

Transaction ID: 8BY188119J536864E

Thank You,

Kris.

Ok, i bought the one you suggested thru customlites inc and paid with paypay. Thanks

Enlightened

I have an old surefire U2 with a Luxeon V, 5 watt led.. Will one of these P60 modules "drop in" to this light? If so, which one will give the best output, with the least amount of modification, no mods to the reflector, etc... Thanks for any input..

Quote Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
    I have an old surefire U2 with a Luxeon V, 5 watt led.. Will one of these P60 modules "drop in" to this light? If so, which one will give the best output, with the least amount of modification, no mods to the reflector, etc... Thanks for any input..
    Hi

I am sorry but P60 modules do not fit in a U2, there are a few folks on the forum that do mod them such as Milky but drop in modules do not work.

Sorry

Dave

Flashaholic

Default Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

Quote Originally Posted by sb_pete View Post
    Hi Dave, I am going to go ahead and pp you for an IR p60 module. After that PM, I think I'll just go ahead with the 850nm one for now.

PP Sent.
    -Pete
    Hi Dave, I just wanted to say thanks for the 3-mode 950nm IR pill you made up for me back in April. I especially wanted to thank you for the hoops you had to jump through in order to get me that particular 950nm emitter in the time frame I needed - Thanks again!

After a few months use, I can report that it works well above my expectations. It is VERY bright under NODs and has, for all intents and purposes, no glow.

On low, there is no glow. Period. On med, I can see a faint glow only when directly looking into the reflector from arms length in a zero lume environment. On Hi, the glow is faint, but bright enough to be seen from off-set angles to the light. On hi, it is faintly visible in a ZERO lume environment from across a room (5-10' or so) but not visible enough to actually catch a spill reflection off of - it is still FAR dimmer than a red trit tube in a watch for example. It is FAR dimmer, even on high, than even the dimmest little red electronics indicator led.

The three modes are very useful levels. Also, the pill does in fact fit a Pelican PM6 3320 (the aluminum 2 cell CR123 one similar to an SF P6), it does not, however, fit the M6 Polymer 3330.

I also wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping and great communication. I'll be more than happy to buy from you again and recommend your work to friends.
    -Peter

Default Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-S2-XML-U2 / P60 modules (part

I'd like the following,

Nichia 4500k 92CRI neutral $35
    Potting $5
    International shipping $5

Paypal incoming.

Edit: not sure if there's a choice of smooth or OP reflector for the Nichia but OP is preferred.
    Last edited by bobjane; 08-12-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjane View Post
    I'd like the following,

Potting $5

Paypal incoming.

Edit: not sure if there's a choice of smooth or OP reflector for the Nichia but OP is preferred.
    Hi

No problem these look absolutely great in some new op reflectors made for this type emitter. I have just gotten back from out of town and have a few orders but it will ship in just a couple of days.

thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, I just wanted to say thanks for the 3-mode 950nm IR pill you made up for me back in April. I especially wanted to thank you for the hoops you had to jump through in order to get me that particular 950nm emitter in the time frame I needed - Thanks again!

After a few months use, I can report that it works well above my expectations. It is VERY bright under NODs and has, for all intents and purposes, no glow.

On low, there is no glow. Period. On med, I can see a faint glow only when directly looking into the reflector from arms length in a zero lume environment. On Hi, the glow is faint, but bright enough to be seen from off-set angles to the light. On hi, it is faintly visible in a ZERO lume environment from across a room (5-10' or so) but not visible enough to actually catch a spill reflection off of - it is still FAR dimmer than a red trit tube in a watch for example. It is FAR dimmer, even on high, than even the dimmest little red electronics indicator led.

The three modes are very useful levels. Also, the pill does in fact fit a Pelican PM6 3320 (the aluminum 2 cell CR123 one similar to an SF P6), it does not, however, fit the M6 Polymer 3330.

I also wanted to say thanks for the quick shipping and great communication. I'll be more than happy to buy from you again and recommend your work to friends.
    -Peter

Hi

I am glad it fit your purposes. Also a great review it should help many with questions on them.

Have a good week

Dave

-Peter
    That's awesome!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Hi

All orders have shipped.

Dave

nb, could i have done a nichia linger special at 3.1 amps? i ask because the linger xpg sections says drive levels are the same as XMLs.

i'm asking out of curiosity though, i'm extremely happy with my 2.8 amp dual 219 B10 Nichia

edit: how about 4.2 amps? that'd be too much for the 219s to handle, am i right?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    nb, could i have done a nichia linger special at 3.1 amps? i ask because the linger xpg sections says drive levels are the same as XMLs.

i'm asking out of curiosity though, i'm extremely happy with my 2.8 amp dual 219 B10 Nichia

edit: how about 4.2 amps? that'd be too much for the 219s to handle, am i right?
    HI

Yes you could have done 3.1 amps as is available in XML's , 4.2 amps yes I can sell you that but if you are just using a 18650 ANY 18650 you won't get that for long, most drivers we use ANY of us probably won't yield over 3.5 at the tail on a 18650 running at 4.2 volts but yes I would imagine that it would run at that amperage. Myself on a single 18650 I doubt I would run anything over 3.5 amps as I have charted the Huge voltage drop at high amperage.

Now as I just explained to another member in a PM, you are talking about a high CRI emtter, how important is the tint you ordered since the harder you drive the emitter the more it is going to tint shift especially at first. The old P4's 90 cri emitters when over driven were not near the same tint as one reasonably driven. I am sure at 3.1 amps there would be no tint shift since each emitter can draw 1.5 amps.

Hope that helped

Dave

HI

Yes you could have done 3.1 amps as is available in XML's , 4.2 amps yes I can sell you that but if you are just using a 18650 ANY 18650 you won't get that for long, most drivers we use ANY of us probably won't yield over 3.5 at the tail on a 18650 running at 4.2 volts but yes I would imagine that it would run at that amperage. Myself on a single 18650 I doubt I would run anything over 3.5 amps as I have charted the Huge voltage drop at high amperage.

Now as I just explained to another member in a PM, you are talking about a high CRI emtter, how important is the tint you ordered since the harder you drive the emitter the more it is going to tint shift especially at first. The old P4's 90 cri emitters when over driven were not near the same tint as one reasonably driven. I am sure at 3.1 amps there would be no tint shift since each emitter can draw 1.5 amps.

Hope that helped

Dave
    good advice and info, thank you! that helps tremendously!

I'll take

DUAL XPG (Linger Special)
    R4 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2
    Potting
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    2.8 Amp to run on 2 CR123 Pimaries
    OP reflector
    Sub total =$50

XM-L T40 3500K
    Potting
    3 level Low / Med / High Regulated
    2.8 amp to run on 2 CR123 Primaries
    OP reflector
    Sub total =$45

XP-G2
    R4 flux 1d Tint
    Potting ( incuded )
    3.6-18 volt to run on 3 CR123 Primaries
    OP Reflector
    Sub total = $35

28" of copper tape
    $3

Domestic Shipping : free

Total = $133

Unique Transaction ID # 8VC68460R4251182N

Thanks !

Enlightened

I also have found a .75 amp 3 level that I believe I can make work that would be at least 100 lumens probably a bit more.

Both of these will run cooler than the previous one you bought with the top choice the coolest.

Dave
    Hi, Dave.
    Can you do it for me?
    3 level, 0.75 amp, low voltage(up to 3 volts?)
    Potting with copper tape is a $5

Cree XM-L $40
    U2 flux bin 1A 6500k+ Cool White
    with memory (2.8-6 volts only) 2.8 amps
    2 level HI / Low Regulated
    Total - $90 PP sent.
    Thanks, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by atolchev View Post
    Hi, Dave.
    Can you do it for me?
    3 level, 0.75 amp, low voltage(up to 3 volts?)

Cree XM-L $40
    U2 flux bin 1A 6500k+ Cool White
    with memory (2.8-6 volts only) 2.8 amps
    2 level HI / Low Regulated
    Total - $90 PP sent.
    Thanks, Alex.
    Hi Alex

I am not sure I can fill the first modules order, I have a one level .8 amp driver that is good to 3 volts but the only 3 level is only for 1.2 volts or a single NIMH. There are few drivers for low voltage and most are much smaller than 17mm needed to use in a P60. I am sure I can sandwich the one level in a pill and it be rated at .8 amps but even the 3 level 1.2 volt driver will be a toss up if I can get it to work in a module.

Please give me your thoughts on the above and if the one level will work. If you do not think it will work or the 3 level lower voltage then I can easily refund your money.

Dave

Enlightened

Hi Alex

I am not sure I can fill the first modules order, I have a one level .8 amp driver that is good to 3 volts but the only 3 level is only for 1.2 volts or a single NIMH. There are few drivers for low voltage and most are much smaller than 17mm needed to use in a P60. I am sure I can sandwich the one level in a pill and it be rated at .8 amps but even the 3 level 1.2 volt driver will be a toss up if I can get it to work in a module.

Please give me your thoughts on the above and if the one level will work. If you do not think it will work or the 3 level lower voltage then I can easily refund your money.

Dave
    Dave, do you have other drivers for 3volt that no more than 0.8 amps, so not much heat diode (body G3)? Can be one or more modes.

Dave, do you have other drivers for 3volt that no more than 0.8 amps, so not much heat diode (body G3)? Can be one or more modes.
    Hi

As I said I have a one level .8 amps good at 3 volts. Other than that I believe you have tried my other 5 level drivers and said they had too high of amperage as they are close to 1.4 amps.

The one level at this time is best I can do, the biggest problem is that many of the low voltage drivers are too small of diameter to use in modules since most run small AA or AAA lights. The one level I hope to use in this will actually be installed inside the pill with a cover contact board.

Hopefully the one level will work for you at .8 amps

Please let me know and I will build one up if one level is satisfactory.

Thanks Alex

Dave

That's is one lovely drop-in you sent me, nailbender. Thank you very much.

Enlightened

Please let me know and I will build one up if one level is satisfactory.
    Yes, build that one, please.

If not too late, put in to XML module - S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k.

Thanks
    Last edited by atolchev; 08-22-2012 at 03:26 AM.

That's is one lovely drop-in you sent me, nailbender. Thank you very much.
    That is great you like it we try to get you what you want with the newest and greatest emitters we can.

Thanks

Dave

Yes, build that one, please.
    Hi Alex

no problem I have started working on it so I will get them sent as soon as I can.

Thanks

Dave

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast