Movin on up... to an XML

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been away from CPF for a while. I'm ready to buy an XML (my first). I've done a fair amount of research and narrowed it down to just the handful listed below. I was hoping to hear some plusses and minuses -- and to find out if I missed anything worthwhile.

What I am looking for: a really bright light to watch for what goes bump in the night -- and something to impress my non-CPF friends. Throw isn't overly important but I am not just looking for flood.

The lights on the list:

Surefire 9P with Malkoff M91
Surefire Fury
Zebralight SC 600
4 Sevens Maelstrom X7

I don't want anything longer than a 3xCR123.

Big thanks.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
hi,,
take a look at the malkoff hound dog xm-l with a md3 body.it will take 3 123's or 2 18500 li-ion's.its super bright with throw and has a nice low level too.
i love mine!! the zebralight sc600 is nice too,but its a different animal.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
How about a Klarus XT11?

Much better UI than most of the ones you are considering...brighter (600-750 lumens - has a floody throw), takes ONE 18650 or TWO 123's. (Dual Fuel)

:D

The SC600 you have listed is a good one though, all flood/no throw except from pure horsepower....and pretty compact.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always check the marketplace and see what's out there ;)
I really like the Zebralight UI, but Teej has a good point about considering the Klarus.
If you need a bang on trustworthy UI the Klarus video on YouTube, think its from goinggear has me tempted

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions.

The Malkoff Hound Dog is nice, but I have a Wildcat V1 and may get a V2. I know it is different than the Hound Dog, but similar enough that I want to try something else.

The Big Bruiser is just that, too big. I want whatever I get to be practical for an hour usage... So I think I am limited to 1 XML particularly since I want no more than 3 cr 123 or 1 18650.

Klarus is a relatively new brand that never made it to my radar screen. I will check it out.

Thanks again.

Last edited: