Anyone know of a extendable pole LED bulb changer?

ShadySprings

Newly Enlightened
I have one with a suction cup for incandescent and halogens. But doesn't work for LED's. Anyone know of a solution?
I tried taping a PAR30 LED on. The problem was trying to get the tape to stick to the pole side, and not on the bulb.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lay a piece of duct tape on top of the pole, sticky side up. Then you go around the edges with another piece, sticky side down, and tape the first piece to the pole.

ShadySprings

Newly Enlightened
OK, as the OP from 9 months ago, I thought I'd give an update to my solution. The ceiling height is 22', but it's over a staircase so I could get any ladders positioned correctly so that i could reach the 3 recessed cans. I finally spoke to a lighting contractor who suggested I use a BR30 instead of PAR30. Reason is that BR30 has a dome that a suction cup can stick to. He also told me their company uses Great Eagle BR30's because they have a real glass lens dome and the suction cup doesn't lose suction. So it worked !!! Finally got three LED BR30's over the staircase. Only took 8 months.... :)

I also had a "no sh!t" moment too. The incandescent or halogen bulbs i was replacing were BR30's in the first place. So why did I spend 8 months trying to replace with PAR30's? No daa. Should have just went straight to BR30's a long time ago.

OK, hope this info is useful to someone else out there.

ShadySprings

Newly Enlightened
Hi, short answer is they are 3000K and look really nice.

Longer answer is I had been only looking for 2700K because I was trying to reproduce the same incandescent/halogen BR30 color that was existing. But after I tried this bulb from Great Eagle the LED BR30, (forgot part# but there's only one I think) it was easy. This 3000K bulb is really nice. The light is wall to wall, smooth, and color is perfect for me. Still warm and cozy, but really clean. And definitely not cool or blue tinted. The interesting thing is, they are so bright, I had to install a dimmer. That's the only bad thing.

If you want to try these, let me know. I'll go look for the box and part#.