triple XML reflector

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone tried the triple XML reflector (53mm??) on DX?

I am considering rebuilding a maglite based can light and using it with the KD buck boost driver ( rated at 3 amp 8.4v input)

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone tried the triple XML reflector (53mm??) on DX?

I am considering rebuilding a maglite based can light and using it with the KD buck boost driver ( rated at 3 amp 8.4v input)

Pack, I think that is the same reflector used on most DX lights that are of 3 LEDs. I bought a 3 XML from kaidomain.com which I think is also the same thing. The Kaidomain module is severely underdriven (I assume for heat issues, it gets HOT!) so I pulled it off and ran a Taskled H6Flex with it. I can say that it is VERY bright. However, floody. It has almost no defined spot and it is a huge spot. I think for video may be good. Especially if used in combination with a triple XML without reflectors. May be running two heads one with and one without reflector. Some of the complaints about the XML without reflectors is that they have no throw so that might work. One for throw and one for close range.

Klem

Enlightened
Have used the DX 5 reflector with XM-L's. It has similar dimensions/angles to the tripple. Very floody with XM-L's, but better than nothing if you want to focus the light.