FENIX TK41 VS OLIGHT M3X TRITON VS FENIX TK35

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I am 15 years old,and the only good led flashlight I have is the Led Lenser MT7,and I'm want to buy a new flashlight for me.I want a flashlight that have really good beam distance (more than 320 meters),that can be used as a search and emergency light,every day carry flashlight,and tactical flashlight (self defense),I am not want so large and heavy flashlight,because I am want the flashlight that I can carry easily in my backpack at treks and camping,and I can easily hold him comfortable (not maglite 6D :)).I am also need a flashlight that not so expensive (not more than 130$).
the best flashlights I find that Fit my requirements is the olight m3x triton,the fenix tk41 and the fenix tk35,what flashlight are you think is better for my requirements? because the TK35 have less beam distance (about 100 meters) than the Olight M3X and the Fenix TK41,but it's easier to carry,and smaller in about 5 cm,and it's very Significant.the olight m3x triton have less lumens,but it have strike bezel,that can be useful in tactical light.
so which flashlight are you recommend me to buy? or are you have any other flashlight that fit for my requirements more than this flashlights?
thanks advance.

Deeksie

Newly Enlightened
Hi MT7,

I was in a similar situation a year ago, and got a TK35 as my first light. I can safely say that it lights stuff up at 180m, and you could make a person out at that distance with the amount of light. It's the only light I own, I chose it because of:

-It's great output, 820 ANSI lumens is a lot!
-Good amounts of spill, I've found the beam very practical for walking through the woods etc
-Fenix's TK line has a good reputation, and I have yet to see anyone on CPF have their TK35 go wrong (although, there may be someone)
-The relatively compact design is one of the biggest boons for me, it goes in my bag with me everywhere
-It's well priced
-And most importantly it comes with 4 levels of output, those lower levels are very useful, and for me, makes it very versatile.

I can't comment on any other lights, since I don't own any others. But I am VERY happy with my TK35, and I think all the advice I managed to find on CPF served me well, and helped me make the best decision. :)

On a more important note, both the TK35 and m3x use 18650 lithium ion cells. These are potentially very dangerous, and can explode if poorly treated. Proper handling, which you'll need to research, should help to keep you safe. As well as buying good quality cells (I have AW 2900mAh cells) and a good charger (a multi-meter is also essential). If you don't want the hassle of dealing with 18650s properly, or you don't want to take the risks, you may be better served by a light like the tk41.

I hope I've been some help!

Deeksie

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among the three you mentioned, the TK41 has the best throw, then the M3X then lastly the TK35.

Here are the advantages of each over the other:

TK41
1. Runs on AA's

M3X
1. Thinnest body of the three

TK35
1. Smallest of the three with a decent enough throw.

If you're in the market for a thrower, try checking out the Dereelight DBS V3 Aspheric w XPE R2 E900 LED 3SM or 1SM Also check out the Olight SR90 and even the Crelant 7G5, Sunwayman T40CS, Olight SR51, Thrunite Catapult V3.

If you want smaller throwers, there's the Jetbeam BC25, the Sunwayman T20CS, the Quark Turbo X, The Crelant V9 R5, the Xeno G42, Thrunite TN11, and a few more i cant remember at the moment. hehe..

MT7

Newly Enlightened
thank you for your help.
are anybody have the FENIX TK41 or the OLIGHT M3X TRITON? If yes, can you tell me if those flashlight are easy to carry? are those flashlights too heavy or too big? can you put them in your backpack easily?
because I am think that 18650 lithium ion that can to explode,it's not what I want.
I am think that regular AA batteries that can't to explode,and there price much lower,is better :)

lwknight

Enlightened
MT, it sounds like you are leaning toward the TK41 on account of its use of
primary and safer batteries. The 41 is larger in diameter but not so much that
its uncomfortable to hold. The weight is not that much more than the 2X18650s
models. The downside is that the TK41 really is a workhorse and will not fit in
your pocket like the smaller lights.

Personally , I prefer my TK41 in the house or toolbox for attic crawling , under house
work and even for checking out the yard critters. If I want something to slip into my pocket
for in case I might need a light, then I will grab the Olight M-30 or something about that size.

As for a backpack, the difference in room that it takes up realistically is negligible.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650's dont explode. Any battery you abuse, that will be the one that will explode.

For your use, and to make it easily backpack-able, the TK35 will be your best bet.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
18650's dont explode. Any battery you abuse, that will be the one that will explode.

For your use, and to make it easily backpack-able, the TK35 will be your best bet.
I am also think the TK35 will be more useful to me,and it's fit's to me more than the TK41,because the TK41 is much bigger,but also the price of the CR123A or 18650 batteries is too expensive for me,the price of this batteries much more expensive than the regular AA batteries,and it's very important for me.