• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

recc a modder for new brass Pamir head with aspheric lens

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
Any members here willing to vouch for someone who can do this? The Pamir is a 2xaa light. its the larger of the 2 below. I would love it if I could use 2 3V primary batteries for more power but have no idea if its possible. The head of the Pamir is 1"OD
2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think that 6v will smoke the electronics in a Pamir ... :poof:

Since the driver is potted in place, it would be rather difficult (not to say impossible) to modify.

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
no I mean I want a whole new head with whatever kind of optic can handle that much juice. If the if the 6 volts thing is impossible then I still would want a totally new head with the aspheric, thanks

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically you want a custom head threaded for the Pamir body?

You should post in the main custom builders and modders forum, and maybe try PMing Mac or Precisionworks.

jorgen

Enlightened
I like the size and balance of this light and also wanted a higher output but without spending big money. My solution was to run the light on a single 14500 with a dummy cell. It's noticibly brighter but maybe not bright enough for you. :shrug:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the light at the bottom of the pic an older brass Logan? Very nice looking.

If you want a direct replacement for the Pamir, a NP300 XP-G with the AA battery extender will work. It's very bright and throwy for a reflector smaller than a D26. The NP600 with XM-L has the highest output.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I also have a 2 X AA Pamir and I'm sure the head will handle only 1 Li-ion.

Norm

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
I like the size and balance of this light and also wanted a higher output but without spending big money. My solution was to run the light on a single 14500 with a dummy cell. It's noticibly brighter but maybe not bright enough for you. :shrug:

I'd love to try that. Ill research 14500's...don't know anything about them yet. Where did you get the dummy cell?

BTW the smaller light is an El Capitan I partially de-knurled/and polished. Here it is again with another and some copper plates I made which make a double barrel unit of the two. One is the wide w/ gitd diffuser and the other narrow. Heavy but a really strong set.

peak.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have what I think is a brass Pamir clicky body. I sent the head in for repair and never heard from them again. So now I have a spare body. I'll send it to you if get me your address.

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
pm sent Brasso, thank you so much! Cant find it in my sent folder so I hope it comes through!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked a little deeper and what I have is the body for a Pyranese, not a Pamir. Been so long I couldn't remember. I'll send it anyway. I have no use for it.

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again Brasso, but I think someone else will want that more than me. Is the clicky switch black? I'm not a fan of that look, plus I dont have a head for it!