Thread: New to lasers...

Unenlightened

Default New to lasers...

I have a (10mw?) green laser from DX. It can shine further than I can see and works well with a cat. It was cheap and it has something loose inside but still works most of the time if you shake it just right.

I dont need to burn anything, but I would rather have a reliable green laser that would use AA or 18650 and simple button on.
    Any suggestions ?

Default Re: New to lasers...

www.laserpowerforums.com is a good place to start, and eBay usualy has lots of AAA pen style lasers available as well.
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

^I think he meant www.laserpointerforums.com

yeah maybe, been a while since i was on there and i don't have it in my bookmarks anymore, lol
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Unenlightened

laserpointersforums.com is much better link!

Thank you.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by treejohnny View Post
    I have a (10mw?) green laser from DX. It can shine further than I can see and works well with a cat. It was cheap and it has something loose inside but still works most of the time if you shake it just right.

I dont need to burn anything, but I would rather have a reliable green laser that would use AA or 18650 and simple button on.
    Any suggestions ?
    If you have some knowldge on its operation you can fix it. Don't be afraid to open it from the battery end.If anything is loose it will drop out.See if there is any soldering that given way and solder it back. This is not easy to do unless you have the skill. Please get help from someone who has the skill or you will damage your pointer and buy another.
    Tony1

Unenlightened

I got in touch with DX, they are sending a replacement!
    Only 4 more weeks to wait.....

I wish someone made a laser like our lights, with multiple modes, battery choices and maybe even one that worked most of the time.

laserpointerforums.com seems to be a great place to get info if you would like to burn or pop balloons with a laser, not much help if you want to play with a low power laser with a cat. In all honesty I believe that the industry/consumers have no interest in lower powered lasers.