New to lasers...

treejohnny

Newly Enlightened
I have a (10mw?) green laser from DX. It can shine further than I can see and works well with a cat. It was cheap and it has something loose inside but still works most of the time if you shake it just right.

I dont need to burn anything, but I would rather have a reliable green laser that would use AA or 18650 and simple button on.
Any suggestions ?

Tony1

Newly Enlightened
I have a (10mw?) green laser from DX. It can shine further than I can see and works well with a cat. It was cheap and it has something loose inside but still works most of the time if you shake it just right.

I dont need to burn anything, but I would rather have a reliable green laser that would use AA or 18650 and simple button on.
Any suggestions ?
If you have some knowldge on its operation you can fix it. Don't be afraid to open it from the battery end.If anything is loose it will drop out.See if there is any soldering that given way and solder it back. This is not easy to do unless you have the skill. Please get help from someone who has the skill or you will damage your pointer and buy another.
Tony1

treejohnny

Newly Enlightened
I got in touch with DX, they are sending a replacement!
Only 4 more weeks to wait.....

I wish someone made a laser like our lights, with multiple modes, battery choices and maybe even one that worked most of the time.

laserpointerforums.com seems to be a great place to get info if you would like to burn or pop balloons with a laser, not much help if you want to play with a low power laser with a cat. In all honesty I believe that the industry/consumers have no interest in lower powered lasers.