High Current Driver /w clicky control

betti154

Enlightened
Hi,

I looking for a new high current buck driver (new to me anyway) and hoped you guys might be be able to help out. I'm after either a single driver, or multiple drivers that can be run from a a single piezo (prolongated is ok). Necessary functions are on/off and variable power control (e.g. via PWM, fixed levels would be ok).

I've been using the taskled h6flex which are great, however the 6600ma current limit is less than I need. I also looked at the Ampere! 9A drivers by http://pcb-components.de/, however these seem to have a fault and Tobias has put these on hold for now anyway.

I'd like to run 18 XMLs @ 3000ma using 12v power, so I'm thinking 6 strings of three. If I could parallel two 9A drivers, and control them from a single piezo that would be ideal. Three 6A drivers would also do the job, you get the idea.

If anyone's figured out how to control multiple taskled drivers from a single, please let me know!

thanks, damien

betti154

Enlightened
Hi Damien , what sort of problems you have with Ampere! driver ?

Primary issue was they wouldnt go into sleep mode fully. The LEDs were very dim but still actively lit. For me this was a deal breaker.

I'll add that Tobias was great to deal with and I'd have no issues buying anything from him in future.

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can feed Taskleds in parallel. I just discussed doing that with George.

betti154

Enlightened
If they can be fed by 1 battery pack I assume you can put the switch on the battery pack lead. Of course that may not work with the FLEX.

Oh yeah, running off one pack is no prob but I need the clicky control from a single button.

betti154

Enlightened
George with Taskeled would be the man to talk to about this.

Already have. He said it wasn't possible, something to do with internal timings of various flex boards getting out of whack if they share a single switch. It's on his forum.

demonic69

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't you switch via a darlington transistor, ULN2003, 2803 etc. Small current from the driver to switch the transistor, all pairs affected at the same time?