Imalent
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any love for EagleTac

Default Re: Any love for EagleTac

I have the D25C and the D25A minis, both in titanium. They are great little lights that are well made and come with some nice accessories. The D25C with an RCR 123 is extremely bright for its diminutive size (20mm diameter x 69mm length). I am so happy with mine that I have a D25LC2 mini coming this week.

Regards,
    Frank A,

The D25LC2 was my EDC for a while. You won't be disappointed,

Double post. Sorry

Flashaholic*

I got it half thinking it was usa made what with all the military references being made..

works well, I find the battery bay somewhat fragile..

main con is; no battery condition indicator at all. no blink. no colored led... you can pick it up to use it, and discover it's dead.

either keep fresh batteries with it, or buy a second light..
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

Lot's-a-love for ET here. Just got done using mine while swimming at Blue Hole National Park in Belize. Went on a hike through the cave and used it for 2 hours there then hiked to the Blue Hole and went under water with it there. My T20C2 MKII was a beast.

I have a P20A2 and it had a problem with its module. It was covered under warranty and the replacement has worked flawlessly ever since. I believe it was a fluke issue and it was quickly resolved. I would not hesitate to get another ET light. In fact, I will be ordering the G25C2 mid month after my TK70 arrives.

Flashaholic*

They are my wifes favorite. Couple T10L's, couple T20MKIIs (one with XML, one with UV for rock hunting), and little Ti D25AM. All have had hard and frequent use. Had to replace a couple switch covers that wore out and one switch on a T20 over the last couple years. She prefers the T20's with all the bells and whistles. I prefer the older T10L's simplicty. ET's seems to have good luck with the tint lotteries as well.
    Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up.

Eagletac and JetBeam are my favorite brands. I had a P100A2 XP-E R2. It was a very good 2AA thrower for it's size. I really like the smooth beam with an SMO. My favorite 2AA. Might get the R3 version. Don't think it's a big difference though. Good brand.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyfgroove View Post
    The D25LC2 is my favorite EDC right now. Never thought I'd carry an 18650 light clipped to the pocket, but this thing just gets it right.
    Same here!! By far my favorite light because of the great runtimes on 18650 while still being very pocket friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbeck180 View Post
    The D25LC2 was my EDC for a while. You won't be disappointed,
    I ordered a Eagletac D25LC2 S2 cool white today. I should have it tomorrow. I am looking forward to the clickie versions of this and the D25C. The new 18650 3100mAh cells are better than I thought they would be.

From the three I've owned, ET maks nice lights. I had a P100C2 neutral a couple of years ago, that I sold off. Then recently got a D25LC2 Mini neutral, but didn't like the tint-shift to green on the lower levels. (In ET's defense, I think that's a tint-lottery issue with these D25 series lights...their earlier model neutrals had reportedly conssitent tint bins). Anyway, I let that one go just becasue of the tint. But I'm thinking of grabbing another, cool tinted D25-something light. I also recently bougth another P100C2 neutral on the Marketplace to replace the one I'd sold a couple of years ago, and am glad I have it back. Great tint, very good throw for its size, and a great form factor.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Flashaholic*

Have a P20C2 MKII Neutral. It's a fantastic light.
    Small enough for easy carry, bright on Hi, great runtimes on low, and handy UI.
    Works just I expect it to, every time. It's never let me down.
    After ~ 6 mos pocket carry with my keys, there are a few wear spots on the coating, but nothing excessive.

Had a T100C2 MkII for ages - the smooth reflector version. Great little pocket thrower and I use it mounted on my .22 for hunting.

My first real flashlight was an Eagletac T10L. Out of all my flashlights, this one is still my favorite! Super simple to use, 2 mode (Twist head to adjust brightness level) no SOS. Tough and a good combination of throw and flood. +1 for ET!
    * Eagletac T10L * Eagletac T100C2 MKII * Pelican M11 8050 * Pelican LED 8060 * Pelican 2400 Stealthlite * UK4AA-AN2 * iTP A3 EOS Standard Edition * MG PLI MC-E * Leatherman Monarch 300 * Pelican 1010 & 1050 * Pila IBC 4-stage charger

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE LED View Post
    I ordered a Eagletac D25LC2 S2 cool white today. I should have it tomorrow. I am looking forward to the clickie versions of this and the D25C. The new 18650 3100mAh cells are better than I thought they would be.
    My D25LC2 arrived today and it's a cool compact 18650 light. The very very light OP reflector works really well and gives a good combination of flood and throw. Best of all no green tint. I think the clickie version will be even better.

An Eagletac D25C (XP-G S2) was my first foray into this world of higher quality, higher tech flashlights - received it just last week for that matter! I am absolutely impressed with this little mighty mite! What a blast of light from such a tiny flashlight! I wanted to see how powerful a tiny light can be and I wanted to try out the CR123a battery format (considering you can get them from Amazon at reasonable cost at least).

I like this so much in fact that I have just ordered an EagleTac P100A2 (also XP-G S2) to have powerful, yet still rather small flashlight that uses simple AA batteries (2x in this case). I can't wait for this to arrive.

In my short time as a flashlight "tinkering collector", I have put in lots of reading and research across the web. EagleTac seems to be a top notch brand for high quality, great tech and fair pricing. I will try a Fenix next, but I think both brands are comparable in many ways. IMHO.

My D25LC2 arrived today and it's a cool compact 18650 light. The very very light OP reflector works really well and gives a good combination of flood and throw. Best of all no green tint. I think the clickie version will be even better.
    The reflector is amazing, just enough texture to satisfy a white wall hunter and deep enough to give some decent throw.

Does anyone know if ET has their own manufacturing facility (i.e. Fenix)?
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

eagle tac p100a2 was my first led light purchase i made after doing alot of research here on the forum .i was not disappointed either .i find myself grabbing for it daily .it is my most used light .
    i have since then bought a fenix tk41 and i have a olight t25 on the way .
    the eagle tac will still be my go to light source for upstairs here .i have read that eagle tac tries very hard to get the best tint leds available with no green splash tints .my p100a2 has a very nice cool white beam .
    i got my start with eagle tac and i watch for used ones to buy but you gotta be quick ,they go fast .try one you wont be disappointed.

I've got a couple. M3C4 SST50, Tri-R5, X-ML and Tri-X-ML. Had a problem with the Tri-R5 ( only about two and a quarter LEDS running at any output ), but this was sorted by the Aussie distributor immediately. For my hard earned, the single X-ML would be the pick. Also got a PN20A2 ( 2 x AAA ). This one is a fantastic little EDC'er.
    Best wishes.

Flashaholic

I get to join the club now!!
    The G25C2 arrived yesterday. I must say , it rocks!
    I think this may just be my favorite thus far.
    Leslie W. Knight

Quote Originally Posted by lwknight View Post
    I get to join the club now!!
    The G25C2 arrived yesterday. I must say , it rocks!
    I think this may just be my favorite thus far.
    Once you get a full understanding of the lights functions let us know how you like it. If I understand correctly you can re program the functions of it and change the way it operates
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

I understand that the clickie version of the D25 series is about to be released. I am looking forward the the single CR123A and 18650 version.

I understand that the clickie version of the D25 series is about to be released. I am looking forward the the single CR123A and 18650 version.
    Yeah, I'm waiting also. Want to see these. Hopefully a Ti version.
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms

I was interested in the D25a or c. Sounded sorta like a Quark mini AA, but hopefully with better quality. But it has a couple points against it:

(1) no clicky switch - I hate twisty switches. I know a clicky switch is supposed to be out soon for the D25c, but it isn't out yet.
    (2) cannot use li-ion cells (14500 or 16340). I've gotten to love having a pocket rocket as my EDC... and this means using li-ion. Primary cells just don't cut it.

Eagletac said it would be released in two days. Although I suspect it will take a little longer. I shall wait patiently with anticipation. Hopefully they will release the Ti edition too.

I always had good luck with twisty lights but my latest buy, Fenix E15 was a fiasco and I decided to wait the clicky version of D25LC2. That is a light I will order at the first arrival on the shelves.

Just yesterday I received a T20C2 MKII and I already really like this light. I like the look and feel and I like the exchangeable (albeit not P60) modules. I also bought the filter set and they are well made and easy to swap (much easier than on the G25C2).
    Here is a list of my lights.

Flashaholic

G25C2 info

Quote Originally Posted by madecov View Post
    Once you get a full understanding of the lights functions let us know how you like it. If I understand correctly you can re program the functions of it and change the way it operates
    Here is a run down of the light.
    It has the familiar smooth XML hotspot and does throw. Its not a TK41 but throws better than my Olight M30.
    The spot is typically smooth with no ghost ring and plentyful spill. Maybe the mild orange peel reflector cleared that up.
    No yellow/green tint like the Fenix xmls get on low output.

The U.I. is anything but intuitive as far as program changes go. Simple 4 position head twisty switch that can
    be programmed for either :
    1. 100% / 10 % / strobe1 / strobe 2
    2. 100% / 35% / 6% / 0.3%

You have to set the in level 2 and press the tailcap 20 times to change ​ programs.

Loosen and tighten the head quickly to cycle through strobe , High-flash , S.O.S. , beacon , Lo-flash ,

Simply turning the light off resets it to normal ops.

It can be set to a strobe access by double tapping the tailcap if you turn the head to its highest level
    then turn the light on/off 20 times uhghin and repeat to return to default.

I'm not much of a hand on writing reviews, so I hope this gives you some insight about he ops.
    Last edited by lwknight; 04-05-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Leslie W. Knight

Yes. I had gotten that there were multiple steps to change the operation. I would have thought having the four output modes as default would have probably been more useful.
    What I find most intriquing is the ability to disable thermal management. Or disable the drop down in output.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18
    I was interested in the D25a or c. Sounded sorta like a Quark mini AA, but hopefully with better quality. But it has a couple points against it:

(1) no clicky switch - I hate twisty switches. I know a clicky switch is supposed to be out soon for the D25c, but it isn't out yet.
    (2) cannot use li-ion cells (14500 or 16340). I've gotten to love having a pocket rocket as my EDC... and this means using li-ion. Primary cells just don't cut it.
    The clicky models will be shipping the end of the month... As far as using 14500 and 16340 cells they are a go! I edc a d25aTi XML with a 14500 and it kicks ass!
    The clicky's will have 3 emitter options XML U2, XPG-S2, and XT-E R5.
    Lennie
    EagleTac G25C2 NW, D25AM-Ti XM-L ,P20C2 Mk1, P100C2
    Surefire L1, G2, G2Z, WolfEyes Sniper,Defender.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast