Any love for EagleTac

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not many threads here concerning EagleTac lights.

They seem to be well made, driven hard and come with a boat load of extra's.

What's the general consensus ?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Made a decent splash then got lost in the introduction of about 5 companies that made incredibly similar lights.
Well I forgot about them anyway......

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
In my collection I have 4 eagletac's. I joined CPF soon after they came out. So there was much more talk about them then. They are good lights mine have never let me down. I'd Definitly recommend them to some one wanting a good simple bright light.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi madecov ;)

i think Eagtac is selling very well (incl ebay and amazon). too bad that they are not available from Chinese or Hongkong dealers (FREE shipping! :naughty:). they are most certainly among the Top10 of most popular non-budget China-made production lights.

There are strong non-budget newcomers though (SWM, Klarus, ..).

i luv my ET's!!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have a T20C2 MK II, and I think it's a super nice light. And yea, you're right, they come with some really nice accessories. Their screw in diffuser is extremely nice! One of the things I like about the ET's is the fact that many are upgradeable for cheap, simply by purchasing a new "screw in" module. I have 4 for mine. Makes the light a nice thrower, or a sweet neutral, or just kick butt bright with the high output XM-L. Their 18650 cells are also very good quality, for about half the price of the more popular ones. I have some, and they've never give me anything but great performance. Try one. I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my D25C mini XP-G S2. it's a really nice small EDC and the twisty works really well. The tint is a nice cool white and it comes alive with a 16340 cell.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a few of the ET lights.
Even though twisty heads are not my thing the P20C2 (XML) is a very nice light. narrow head for easy EDC but DEEP reflector gives good throw.

I think ET is almost like Four Sevens in that the design parameters are USA but the manufacture is China (not sure on this).

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D25LC2 is my favorite EDC right now. Never thought I'd carry an 18650 light clipped to the pocket, but this thing just gets it right.

+1 on the D25LC2 {D25 18650 model}

EagleTac in my opinion, is the best light manufacture per dollar.

...excellent build quality, good selection of emitters, great reflectors & most importantly >>>> their flat regulation w/ NO PWM.

Not to mention they have best value in protected button-top 3100mAh 18650 cell
,,using a Panasonic NCR18650A core (also the shortest in length button-top)

:twothumbs

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
I have a p20c2 mkII neutral and I plan on getting several more ET's. I want a T20C2 and one of the PNa2's, neutral of course. I also want to get a neutral XML module for the p20c2 as well.

I'm please with the light overall. For me it's so so much of an EDC light, but I use it for my main light when I'm traveling without knives or firearms. to me it's more of a tactical light than an EDC.

hook63

Newly Enlightened
I have a few from when they first came out and one from the end of last year they seemed to be pushing it to start but now there a a bit behind. I haven't had a bad light from them yet.

edpmis02

Enlightened
I got a T100C2 Mark II neutral. Great hand feel, dead simple UI, great beam.. $46. I like it much better than my OLight M20S.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a G25C2 a few months ago along with the filter kit and body tube extenders. The flip-up filter attachment is very well made as are the filters. The body tube extenders are nice to give you more run time and/or a different look. I'm using the 3-cell extender and running with two 18500 batteries.

I've also standardized on using EagleTac batteries. I'm a relative newbie (started collecting in February) so maybe I'm missing something, but their batteries seem to be a very good deal. Reasonable price and fairly high discharge rate. I especially like the 3100mAh 18650 button-top batteries. They are of a length that they will work in pretty much any light.

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
I have a D25C and a D25A. I am thinking about adding a 2AA light to this collection.

I like the "fit and finish" of my two EagleTac lights. The lanyard, holster, and spare O-rings that ship with these lights are great. To my inexpert eye, the beam pattern is nice and smooth (I really don't like dark spots or rings!). I appreciate the clean, simple styling of these lights. I could do without the shiny chrome (?) ring on the front of these little ilghts.

I have a Four Sevens light, and I like the "feel" of my EagleTacs more. In particular, the threads on the EagleTacs are smoother.

Good, but not great value. I don't know what you would gain by moving up to a more expensive brand.

My D25C is NOT compatible with high voltage RCR123 cells and it is not marketed as such. I do not feel cheated, but I would prefer to use the RCR123 cells.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly, I never like Eagletac because the name sounds so... Chinese??? Maybe it's just me but I have a strong impression that the Chinese tend to use animals for their branding. Things like Goldfish brand, Panda brand, Flemingo brand, Horse brand and so on. For many years I totally ignored Eagletac.

Then the G25C2 came along and caught my attention. I immediately liked what I read about the UI and the optional accessories caught my attention too, mainly the flip up diffuser. I like the idea of a flip up diffuser and have been looking for one to fit my Surefire UB3T but Surefire have discontinued the production of it. Without hesitating I ordered the G25C2 from Going Gear and I must say I am quite pleased with it. My only mistake is not knowing that there is a neutral white version available so I am thinking of selling the cool white away to make place for a neutral white.