New HDS Clickys just arrived (you can't get good help anymore)

mpetry912

Newly Enlightened
After a long wait, a package appeared in my mailbox from HDS Systems containing 2 new Clicky 200s that were ordered quite a while ago. Henry apparently had problems with machine shops that did'nt deliver, flaked out, etc. However you can't rush a good thing, so the new units are here, and I thought I would share them.

HDS1.jpg

From the top, my old Ultimate 60 GT, still going strong, then my custom Clicky 120 with titanium bezel, and the new 200. It looks like the anodize on the new unit is a little different color.

Opening the battery compartment reveals an interesting detail, Henry is using a different thread for these new lights, it is a flat topped thread form, much less prone to cross threading.

HDS2.jpg

Also I note that the new light is not drilled for a clip, instead a NovaTac style clip is supplied.

Very glad to finally have these, Henry was a total pro throughout the process, and I hope that HDS production is now running at full output.

Very pleased!

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Nice overview of the different versions. How do you find the grippiness of the new knurling?

I think I just heard hundreds of CPF members running to their mailboxes.

davyro

Enlightened
I'm really happy Henry seems to have got over all of the production problems & his loyal customers are finally going to see light at the end of there clickys.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. Direct from HDS? That's a good sign. Here's hoping my high CRI Rotary arrives soon!

mpetry912

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I ordered 2 clickys direct from HDS.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

jalal20

Enlightened
Opening the battery compartment reveals an interesting detail, Henry is using a different thread for these new lights, it is a flat topped thread form, much less prone to cross threading.

I think I've seen that threading on my Rotary before I regretfully traded it. Now I am waiting to get a new one as soon as those are available through dealers.

thaugen

Enlightened
Henry does not send shipping notices. All the new lights come with Acme threads. I've never had a problem with the legacy threads, but the Acme threads should remain problem free for many years and are very nice.

Imon

Enlightened
Hey Mark,

If you don't mind me asking around what time did you order your HDS?
Because a lot of people who said that they ordered their light November/December of last year still haven't received their lights and Henry said people would be receiving their lights in chronological order of their date of purchase.
Honestly, I've been pretty unhappy about this whole delay situation but, for EDC, there's no substitute to HDS lights so..... I decided to stick it out.

mpetry912

Newly Enlightened
Imon, I must say that my order took longer than I would like; but throughout the process Henry responded to my requests for updated shipment dates.

The HDS light is a highly engineered, world class product of the highest quality. Products of this type require a highly qualified supply chain and those are frequently vulnerable to disruption, and it sounded to me like Henry ran into suppliers that did not deliver or had quality problems.

Admittedly things could be better and I hope that the HDS production line is running full blast now that new suppliers are on line and fully ramped. However I have no complaints and if anything Henry's "customer expectation management" and clear honest communication made me a lifetime customer / enthusiast.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Last edited:

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Hey Mark,

If you don't mind me asking around what time did you order your HDS?
Because a lot of people who said that they ordered their light November/December of last year still haven't received their lights and Henry said people would be receiving their lights in chronological order of their date of purchase.
Honestly, I've been pretty unhappy about this whole delay situation but, for EDC, there's no substitute to HDS lights so..... I decided to stick it out.

Imon, I must say that my order took longer than I would like; but throughout the process Henry responded to my requests for updated shipment dates.

<snip>
Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, Wa

I just was wondering also about when you placed your order? Yes his product is great, Henry is a great guy, etc. But the question is: how long did it take to receive the order?

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Great news! Good for you. Your new 200 looks great!

Hopefully my Hi CRI Rotary (ordered direct, end of January) is just a few weeks away now... Fingers crossed.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a post by "number10ox" in the main HDS thread. He has just received his HDS flashlights today. He stated that he ordered on November 3, 2011. Today is April 2, 2012. It appears to be a 5 month backlog. It all depends on how fast Henry can crack out the lights.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy, still waiting but clearly things are moving along.
News of a dealer getting their order from who knows when, news of another individual getting their from early Nov... Ten individual orders should go almost as quickly as a single order of ten, so long as quality parts keep flowing. I'm looking forward to being able to point people to the site for placing their order without a bunch of 'splaining about delays.
The Spice must flow!

diesel79

Enlightened
I just ordered a HCRI, we'll see how long it takes to get here. I have had one in the past and it will definitely be worth the wait.

Last edited:

diesel79

Enlightened
Nope, from the other threads Im assuming its gonna be a while. The 6 week timeframe looks like kind of a farse. I will just wait patiently.

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats!! Those look great! I need to get some HDS lights.