scope mounted light

col48

Newly Enlightened
Hi All
I'm looking for a torch that will send a nice tight beam out to 300 + yards and i can use on a rifle. it would all so be handy if i could all so use it for taking the dogs a walk in the winter.
i would like the option of being able to put colored filters on the light as well so i can mount the light on my 17 hmr rifle that i do a lot of rabbit control with.
i have been looking at led lenser and a few other types but i have no idea what is a good make or what is a bad make. If the beam could go further then that would be fine, as i have a custom rifle and i can shoot out to 500y with conditions favorably.
i am open to custom made lights or anything. but i defiantly need it to be a multi purpose light as i will get better value out of my purchase.
it would all so benefit to have one of them switchers on that you can turn on the light wile you are holding the rifle. and then put a normal cap on the back so i can use her as a normal torch.
not got a budget in mind
so what do your lot think is a good light ?

thank you very much for your help in advance as i have been looking for quit some time now.

ATB
Colin

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Deerelight and DEFT make the kind of long range target light you could use to shoot things 500 yards away. The DEFT edc LR+ for example uses a standard 1" barrel for weapon mounting, a single 18650 cell for power, and includes a diffuser to make it a flood light for dog walking....so you can get a very tight bright beam for long range, or, a diffused glow for close range, etc.

Neither has a pressure switch for weapon mounting though.

The Surfire Invictus has a TIR version that will be stressed at 500 yards, but which might be practical to the 300 yards you mentioned needing.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some tough needs on that.
Not many 1" lights that can reach out to 500 yards.

I think your looking more at custom made rather than off the shelf

col48

Newly Enlightened
Some tough needs on that.
Not many 1" lights that can reach out to 500 yards.

I think your looking more at custom made rather than off the shelf

whats the best i can hope for yardage wise. as it does not have to be a 500y light as most stuff is shot a lot closer than that.
i have a 240 light force on the truck and can id a fox out to 500y
I'm just looking for a good bit of kit i can get the most use out off, IE the being able to use it as a torch as well

ATB
Colin

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All
I'm looking for a torch that will send a nice tight beam out to 300 + yards and i can use on a rifle. it would all so be handy if i could all so use it for taking the dogs a walk in the winter.
i would like the option of being able to put colored filters on the light as well so i can mount the light on my 17 hmr rifle that i do a lot of rabbit control with.
i have been looking at led lenser and a few other types but i have no idea what is a good make or what is a bad make. If the beam could go further then that would be fine, as i have a custom rifle and i can shoot out to 500y with conditions favorably.
i am open to custom made lights or anything. but i defiantly need it to be a multi purpose light as i will get better value out of my purchase.
it would all so benefit to have one of them switchers on that you can turn on the light wile you are holding the rifle. and then put a normal cap on the back so i can use her as a normal torch.
not got a budget in mind
so what do your lot think is a good light ?

thank you very much for your help in advance as i have been looking for quit some time now.

ATB
Colin

Try the Jetbeam BC25, it was designed from the start to be a "weapon-mountable" light.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four Sevens X5 or X7, isolated battery chamber for recoil. EagleTac G25C2, also isolated battery chamber

HarrisOutdoors

Newly Enlightened
I know there are not a ton of them out there because its a little strange with a 3 x cr123 standard setup, but how about the Jetbeam M2S? 1,000 Lumens and supposedly has an effective range of 650 Meters. I know it has an optional remote pressure switch. I have never tried one but when Roadkill1109 mentioned the BC25 I had to surf the other Jetbeams. There is always the RRT3 but thats a bit big on a scope! Another option is the BC40 for economy but I am not sure if the remote switch will work on it.

awenta

Enlightened
Again, 1" light- 500 yard range = DEFT edc LR+

Done.

:D

Very true. But it is also for very direct light. No spill. Not a wide beam. You have to know more or less where your target is. Might want a bigger reflectored light for lighting up a bigger area. You will be amazed by the DEFT.

Kilted

Enlightened
What about the Sunwayman T40CS it is gun mountable, it has the range and it has the remote switch. It has several presets for walking the dog.

=D~~ Kilted

col48

Newly Enlightened
Very true. But it is also for very direct light. No spill. Not a wide beam. You have to know more or less where your target is. Might want a bigger reflectored light for lighting up a bigger area. You will be amazed by the DEFT.

Hi m8
the fact it is a very direct light is a big advantage for me. foxes eyes light up with light so finding the quarry is not a problem, just have to make sure it is a safe shot.
just hope all the questions i have asked are yes answers:whistle:
I would like it to be able to have a remote switch fitted and a normal one
i would need to know how long it can run for on a set of batteries As it will have to last a nights lamping, so maybe a few sets of rechargeable
and it would be nice if i could find a red filter to put over it for rabbit shooting.
and he will have to not mind sending to the UK

thanks for the heads up

ATB
Colin

awenta

Enlightened
Well at 300-500 yards the spot will be about the size of a small house so it isn't exactly tiny. I'm not sure which, if any, remote tape works. His website is OMGlumens. Lots of info there if you haven't been yet.

col48

Newly Enlightened
Well at 300-500 yards the spot will be about the size of a small house so it isn't exactly tiny. I'm not sure which, if any, remote tape works. His website is OMGlumens. Lots of info there if you haven't been yet.

yes had a look on his web sit.
i have sent him an email but he has not got back to me, all so 2 pms from off this site.
I was after 2 of the lights as i think they would be the best i could get for the jobs i have for them. But i have been on his site and he now only has 1 left as off last night. he did have 3.
I can see me ending up with out one and i will be gutted.

ATB
Colin

col48

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick up date
Made contact with seller and i have just payed for one. he has updated his site and there was 5 availerble, sorry now 4 :thumbsup:
ATB
Colin