ANy other options than SF E1B backup?

matt_j

Enlightened
I've been using E1L for years and love it but want something new. Natural way would be E1B since I'm used to SF from my other lights. But everytime I'm about to buy a new light I wonder if there is anything better and cheaper out there. I know that used E1B are running around $110 so that's my limit. I'm looking for brightness but not so crazy bright that I would loose run time. Dual output is nice but it must be easy to use (like on E2D). I don't need fancy 6 level of brightness or blinking modes just solid simple durable light. Any ideas?

BroncoAZ

Newly Enlightened
Tag for interest in a similar simple light. I want something 200 lumens on a single CR123 battery with max or medium on first UI.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I'm partial to Jetbeam's products. I believe the BC10 fits your criteria, and can usually be found for under forty bucks. It uses an XPG R5, and puts out 270 lumens on high, 60 on low iirc. Forward click tail switch, with mode change done by twisting the head.

If you are willing to spend a bit more, the PC10 uses an XML, and can be run on cr123 or IMR 16340. It also puts out significantly more light when run on rechargeables, 550 lumens I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pinetree89

Enlightened
I know that used E1B are running around $110 so that's my limit.

Surefire has allowed their dealers to drop prices on many of their lights lately. The E1B is one of them and with a little searching a brand new one could be had for ~$110. That's about what I paid for mine about a month ago. My first SF E series, and I gotta say I love this little light!

FPSRelic

Enlightened
The question I would have to ask is why you would want something new? Do you want something brighter? With more throw or flood etc etc. Personally I think the e1b is an awesome little light. It's a throw monster for it's size, built tough with that nifty little pocket clip. As far as reliability goes, I don't think you could do much better.

However. If you want a light that's brighter, and has a little bit more in the way of options regarding output. You could always have a look at the Sunwayman V10R (or V11R when it's released). 190 lumens on high using a regular CR123A battery. Standard forward clicky on/off switch, with a twist-head action to reduce brightness levels. And if you want to wow your friends, you can install a 16340 battery and get a 500 lumen turbo mode (it's useless for other things IMO - 20 minutes runtime? run it for 5 minutesonly? pfft). You've also got the option of using an extender to use it with a AA battery. I've never actually owned one, but it's pretty much raved about on these forums. Someone who owns one of these and an e1b may be able to comment on how they both compare as far as reliability goes.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I "had" a SureFire Backup E1B until a few months ago and then I lost it:(. Looked to replace it and I was going to buy another one but decided to see what else was out there. I ended up with a Jetbeam RRT-0 and I'm not looking back. Awesome light rated at 500 lumens with a RCR123. Can go with CR123 or even a AA cell (with the extension tube). I may one day get another SF Backup but for now I'm just loving my Jetbeam. I may also go with a Sunwayman V10R just because.

bigfoot

Enlightened
SF is supposed to be coming out with an "EB1" (instead of E1B) model in a couple of months I believe. They show it in there 2012 catalog available online, but I am not sure if the performance is any different, but the looks certainly are. You might also try an HDS offering, the basic models run $99.

Latest posts