Need recommendation for an AR mounted light

k5ride

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a light that will be primarily used for hog hunting out to 50 yards. Here are the features I'm looking for:

LED
200+ lumens
2+ hour runtime
Single brightness level
Momentary on/constant on tailcap switch
Ability to use 18650 and primary 123A batteries
Can be poly or aluminum bodied

I would like to try and keep the price around $100 or less if possible.

Thanks,
Ken

palmettoinspect

Newly Enlightened
I mounted my olight m21x to my ar. I bought the olight brand mount and pressure switch for $25.00. VERY sturdy and high quality. Its VERY bright and has the strobe feature. My only complaint is the pressure switch does not keep the light on so you have to keep the switch pushed in.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus XT-11
Pressure switch duplicates all functions.
Always comes on in high, nice balance of flood and throw.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
So the XT-11 puts out 600 lumens for 3 minutes and then it drops to 420?

Most lights will step down from the max/turbo mode over a short period of time.

I plan on running the XT-11 with 2 x 16340's to get 750-ish lumens out of it. But then in low light courses & scenarios I've trained in with carbines, and you would never want to keep the light on constantly for 3 minutes, let alone for even 30 seconds. But that'll ultimately depend on your intended use for the AR and light.

k5ride

Newly Enlightened
This light will mostly be used for hunting hogs so I wouldn't be leaving it on for long periods of time anyway. For constant use I have my Fenix LD20 R5.

spc smith

Enlightened
K5ride,

From what can tell you, even with the stepdown on the XT11, its still plenty bright even to exceed my used to be olight m20x in brightness per Marshall from goinggear w/ 1x18650 battery. Now with SF 123's its going to be. Even still brighter after stepdown.

k5ride

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the XT-11, Klarus dual bay charger, and two EagleTac
protected 18650 3100 mAh batteries from goinggear yesterday. Also pick up the Elzetta ZFH1500 mount from rainier arms. I'll post some pics once I get it set up.
:D

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the XT-11, Klarus dual bay charger, and two EagleTac
protected 18650 3100 mAh batteries from goinggear yesterday. Also pick up the Elzetta ZFH1500 mount from rainier arms. I'll post some pics once I get it set up.
:D

You will smile once you get it all set up.

k5ride

Newly Enlightened
You will smile once you get it all set up.

Thanks for recommending it! I'll have the XT-11, batteries, and charger tomorrow but the mount won't be in until Monday. Oh well, at least I'll be able to play with my new light while camping tomorrow night :naughty: