newbie needing a little help with dereelight dbs-t options?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
having some difficulty understanding their site, but from what I have read the dbs v3 and dbs-t are great throwers... interested in some more info but i am quite confused about the options etc on their site? im looking for an aspherical lense (i think lol) - not sure about pills/reflectors/tints etc? or even what i should buy? at the risk of sounding like a moron, i need to be uh... enlightened? (eek sorry that was bad)

i did use the search function and found a few threads, but im still not quite sure whats what... is the head included or do you have to buy it separately?

any help is much appreciated (Still learning about everything lol) :) thanks

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, to the uninitiated, the dereelight website is quite cryptic. :) I was like that too the first time i was there.

Here are the order options i recommend:

1. Ultimate Thrower with 2x18650 option

DBS-T 300 Lumens
XR-E R2 Led
2MT-M 1.5A driver
Aspherical Head
E650 extension tube

That's it.

If you want a thrower with spill get a standard DBS-T with reflector. Just choose the 2MT-M driver and the XR-E R2 pill so anytime you want to go aspherical, just order the aspheric head alone.

You can only use one or the other a a time, swapping the heads but the driver and led remain the same, so might as well get the XR-E R2 and 2MT-M driver.

Good luck! You wont regret that!

Like a light sabre into the night sky! :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info.. just to be clear-even though the output (300 vs 700) is lower, the r2 would be a better thrower than the xm-l options correct?

this would have everything needed: ??

• DBS-T 300 lumens (SMO)
  • Emitter:: XR-E R2, Pill(light engine): 2MT-M
86.00quantity|

$86.00

• Aspherical lens head-T with pill
  • Pill(engine): 2MT-M, Emitter: XR-E EZ900 R2
59.00quantity|

$59.00

• Extension tube
  • Option:: EXT650
12.00quantity|

$12.00

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
im in the same boat your in sitting here with money waiting to order but dont know how lol ....sucks but if i cant get this figured out ill just get a Catapult V3 .....

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The R2 EZ900 is a much better thrower than the XM-L.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info.. just to be clear-even though the output (300 vs 700) is lower, the r2 would be a better thrower than the xm-l options correct?

this would have everything needed: ??

• DBS-T 300 lumens (SMO)
86.00quantity|$86.00

• Aspherical lens head-T with pill
  • Pill(engine): 2MT-M, Emitter: XR-E EZ900 R2
59.00quantity|$59.00

• Extension tube
  • Option:: EXT650
12.00quantity|$12.00

Whoops, you doubled the order for the pill. Let me go to the dereelight site and get you what you should be ordering.

You prefer the capability to 2x18650 the light, right?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoops, you doubled the order for the pill. Let me go to the dereelight site and get you what you should be ordering.

You prefer the capability to 2x18650 the light, right?

yes sir (thanks for the help)

no rush as i have spent more than i wanted to this month already on lights lol (wife is demanding clothes now!) haha its all good fun :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

• DBS-T 300 lumens (SMO)
86.00quantity|

$86.00

• DBS accessory
  • Option: Aspherical lens head(no pill)
36.00quantity|

$36.00

• DBS accessory
  • Option: EXT650
12.00quantity|

$12.00
Item total:$134.00

Your Shopping Cart
DescriptionPriceQuantityAmount

Please be reminded that you will be receiving two heads, one with the smooth reflector, the other with the aspheric head. You can use one or the other. The Aspheric of course will have the better throw.

But if you want to go pure aspheric, you will have to order it in parts such as this:

• Aspherical lens head with pill
  • Pill(engine): 3SM, Emitter: XR-E EZ900 R2
59.00quantity|

$59.00

• DBS accessory
  • Option: DBS V3 entire host(no pill & reflector)
46.00quantity|

$46.00

• DBS accessory
  • Option: EXT650
12.00quantity|

$12.00
Item total:$117.00

Your Shopping Cart
DescriptionPriceQuantityAmount

This is the setup i own.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes sir (thanks for the help)

no rush as i have spent more than i wanted to this month already on lights lol (wife is demanding clothes now!) haha its all good fun :)

hahaha tell me about it! I'm now deciding on which ZL i want to order. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
im in the same boat your in sitting here with money waiting to order but dont know how lol ....sucks but if i cant get this figured out ill just get a Catapult V3 .....

You could follow the quotes i sent jmpaul. :)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight builds what is known as Surefire P60 clones. Most of their parts are interchangeable with the P60 and other clones.
List of flashlight bodies:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?186661-*-P60-Flashlight-List-host
List of flashlight modules:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?217252-P60-sized-led-drop-ins-(part-3)
You can put together Krillions of combinations.

Most people stick with one manufacturer to try keep things simpler.
So back to Dereelight.

Body types:
CL1H V4 - The original clone of the P60 with the body bored out to take 18650 and a LED module. (The original P60 can only take 2*CR123A and is incandescent.)
CL1H V4-NOHS - NOHS = no hotspot, a floody version.
DBS V3 - A big head version with a bigger reflector for more throw.
C2H - small CR123A version.
Javelin - 2AA version.
DA3 - AAA version. This is a keychain light and does not lego with the others.
CL1H-T/DBS-T - Dual mode tactical version. Head tight soft press gives you momentary. Head loose soft press changes brightness levels.

Optics:
Aspheric - The aspheric lens does not have spill so all the light goes down range. This provides the longest throw but you can not see a gopher hole or pothole in front of you and you twist your ankle if you are not careful.
NOHS - This is an optic that projects a very even circle of light. Useful for close in work.
Smooth reflector - This provides spot and spill. A spot for distance and spill for close in.
OP reflector - Smooth reflector tends to have artifacts or ringy beams. An OP reflector smoothes them out.

Modules and Pills:
A module consists of a reflector/optic/lens and a pill.
A pill consists of the electronics, heatsink, and LED.
Pills:
Dereelight identify the electronics as follows:
1/3 - S/M - (nothing)/M/T.
1 or 3 is the number of brightness levels.
-
S - single mode.
M - multiple modes depending on head tight/head loose position. See CL1H-T/DBS-T.
-
(nothing) - 1*18650 battery.
M - 2*CR123A/2*RCR123A/2*18650 (with battery tube extender). This is a pure buck circuit and needs 4+V to operate. A 18650 will work when freshly charged 4.2V to 4V but dims significantly between 3.9V to 3.6V. Dereelight does not recommend 1*18650 with these pills.
T - Tactical. See CL1H-T/DBS-T.

LEDs:
XP-E - Has the smallest die size, provides the tightest beam. OTOH it is the dimmest of the LEDs Dereelight uses. 0.9 mm * 0.9 mm.
XP-G - Can be driven harder than the XP-E to provide more light but is more floody. 1.4 mm * 1.4 mm. Dereelight is driving the XP-E and XP-G with the same drivers so your choose between them for beam types. ~300 lumens.
XM-L - The latest but the big die makes for a floody beam. Especially with other P60 types limited by the 26 mm reflector. Dereelight DBS with the bigger reflector compensates for this. 2 mm * 2 mm. ~700 lumens.

Tints:
Dereelight offers many LEDs with different tints. Cool white, neutral white, warm white. A thread showing the difference between the tints:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...arm-Neutral-Cool-White-BEAMSHOTS-amp-RUNTIMES!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for all the help ninja and roadkill, this will have to wait until may since i have already bought 5 lights in the last month LOL

Draven451

Enlightened
having some difficulty understanding their site, but from what I have read the dbs v3 and dbs-t are great throwers... interested in some more info but i am quite confused about the options etc on their site? im looking for an aspherical lense (i think lol) - not sure about pills/reflectors/tints etc? or even what i should buy? at the risk of sounding like a moron, i need to be uh... enlightened? (eek sorry that was bad)

i did use the search function and found a few threads, but im still not quite sure whats what... is the head included or do you have to buy it separately?

any help is much appreciated (Still learning about everything lol) :) thanks

flashlight connection has the DBS-T model already configured with the aspheric head and ready to out throw anything in it's class. Makes it much easier to order :thumbsup:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight connection has the DBS-T model already configured with the aspheric head and ready to out throw anything in it's class. Makes it much easier to order :thumbsup:

would the dbs-t model be better than the package configured from dereelights with the dbs v3 host? or essentially the same light with the "twist" mode?

Draven451

Enlightened
would the dbs-t model be better than the package configured from dereelights with the dbs v3 host? or essentially the same light with the "twist" mode?

It looks like the dbs v3 model is no longer available from dereelight and the dbs-t model is the successor.
At least that helps minimize your choice :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like ill go with fc's package... er.. when my credit card recovers next month that is lol

LGT

Enlightened
looks like ill go with fc's package... er.. when my credit card recovers next month that is lol
Just ordered the DBS-T aspherical EZ900 package from FC yesterday. It won't ship until the 16th, but I can wait. I've been looking at one of these type lights for a while so I finally pulled the trigger. Bragging rights, work light, toy, doesn't matter. If you want one, get one. Can't wait to see how it performs.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the DBS-T aspherical EZ900 package from FC yesterday. It won't ship until the 16th, but I can wait. I've been looking at one of these type lights for a while so I finally pulled the trigger. Bragging rights, work light, toy, doesn't matter. If you want one, get one. Can't wait to see how it performs.

agreed.... short of buying a deft or a $400 olight, it seems to be the best bang for the buck and its a quality light