Maxpedition bags Tunnel/Garage velcro-shock cord area - have you found a use for it?

Deanster

Enlightened
Hi all! So, I've been a Maxpedition bag owner for many years now, and have about half the bags/pouches they make.

But in all that time, I've never found a good use for the Tunnel/garage area that they have on many of their bags.

0422k3_1906_detail.jpg

I once put my iPhone in, and it slid out - not enough traction. It's not really the right shape for wrap-around style sunglasses, which is what I mostly wear.

I sometimes use the shock cord to temporarily secure things, but even then, I'm often not confident that they're really secure.

Given the bulk and complexity of this area, and that it takes up prime real-estate on many of their bags, it sure seems like Maxpedition is convinced this is a seriously useful and even mandatory feature - so am I missing something?

How do YOU use this area? Have you found the 'perfect' thing that goes there? Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Gryffin

Enlightened
I assume you mean the velcro-and-shock-cord-covered sleeve on the front of the top pocket, correct?

The only thing I've used that for regularly is a compact folding umbrella. Anything long and relatively thin piece of gear could be lashed there, really.

Personally I don't care for the criss-cross arrangement of the shock cord, it hides my carefully chosen bad-attitude patch of the day; so I always change it as soon as I get a new Maxped bag.