Trying to build a underwater flood light for 12 V DC in Saltwater
I need some help. I am trying to build an underwater light set-up for flounder gigging to meet the following conditions:
- Used for Bottom illumination in water 3 feet deep or less
- 12 V DC Marine Battery
- Best compatible epoxy or waterproofing material if I were to make a housing from PVC fittings
- Flood style/Wide Angle (or recommendation)- Only need to project the light around 10 feet
- Need to project the light in three directions around the front of the boat (probably 3 lights/3 strips)
- No more than 6-8 hours per use
I have seen lights utilizing rigid strips but they are not very bright. I was wanting to build something using the Cree XML T 6 Leds, possibly 3 per light. Any suggestions on LED's, heat sinks, drivers. Let me know if you need more information.
Last edited by broadwayjoe; 04-04-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Reason: Added info.