*NEW* Battery-pack for Fenix TK70 is coming

kj2

Flashaholic
Finally. After a long wait, Fenix should give us soon there battery-pack for the TK70. I emailed them 2 days ago, and just received this answer: "We have finished all tests for the battery, but we are testing the materials of the package. It will go into the market this month."
No idea what "testing of the package materials" means, a cardboard box shouldn't be that hard to make :p - but I'm happy it comes :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is this battery pack? never heard of it. Will it give longer runtimes?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

Nice of them to let me know right after I ordered more NiMH D Cells

:D

kj2

Flashaholic
For what I know, it will be 4* 8000mAh. Most of us, use 10.000mAh or higher batteries- so it's nice that Fenix makes this battery-pack but batts like Tenergy or Ansmann give more mAh.

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
I wonder about the term 'battery pack'. Sounds like it would be one solid unit or batteries stuck together so there must be a charger also then.

Last edited:

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Too late! I've already got a charger and batts.

Unless the cost is enticing enough to pick one up of course. :whistle:

kj2

Flashaholic
I wonder about the term 'battery pack'. Sounds like it would be one solid unit or batteries stuck together so there must be a charger also then.
For what I know. It will be one solid (or wrapped) battery-pack with a portable-wall socket-charger. So a charger just for that battery-pack.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always preferred individual cells. I have 4 high-performance D nimh cells and I doubt their pack could match their run time. My Maha charger probably is more accurate than an afterthought charger. Wait & see...

anthony lumens

Newly Enlightened
HotWire said:
I've always preferred individual cells. I have 4 high-performance D nimh cells and I doubt their pack could match their run time. My Maha charger probably is more accurate than an afterthought charger. Wait & see...

Any IDea when?

dwminer

Enlightened
Finally. After a long wait, Fenix should give us soon there battery-pack for the TK70. I emailed them 2 days ago, and just received this answer: "We have finished all tests for the battery, but we are testing the materials of the package. It will go into the market this month."
No idea what "testing of the package materials" means, a cardboard box shouldn't be that hard to make :p - but I'm happy it comes :)

I have yet to see it.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened

I totally agree.