Quad XML Offroad LEDs

rkboid

Newly Enlightened
What do the experts have to say about these? I went ahead and purchased some as I only had to pay $90 (ebay bucks). Any pitfalls I need to watch out for? Can I get away without a relay if I run 1 light on a 20amp fuse and 20amp switch

eBay Item number: 260921638397

Do not link directly to eBay - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
What do the experts have to say about these? I went ahead and purchased some as I only had to pay $90 (ebay bucks). Any pitfalls I need to watch out for? Can I get away without a relay if I run 1 light on a 20amp fuse and 20amp switch

Will you be doing a follow up to this post with a review?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The light is listed with a 2000ma (2A) current requirement so a 20A switch could theoretically handle 10 of them in parallel. I don't recommend relays for less than ~10A loads myself as the voltage drop at those lower currents is not that much of a problem usually if you have adequate wiring for the complete run.

rkboid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks - I will post a follow up and beamshots when they arrive and I get them installed.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
One other thing, if they are voltage or current regulated (which LEDs should be) and have enough headroom then adding a relay won't gain you anything but possibly a microscopic increase in gas mileage from the tiny bit of power wasted. Relays are good for saving money on large cabling and controlling large currents where voltage drops affect output like in direct drive incan lighting.