Awesome.

brandocommando

Enlightened
Here's the story... I got this Ti Aleph head off of CPFMP a while back and I needed a body for it.

I decided an all Ti twisty would be really cool, but was bummed when I found out there wasn't really anything available.:confused:

So, I contacted Chris at TnC last week.

He sent me some CAD drawings of some plans he had almost immediately, and after a day or two I had my mind made up, and let him know which style I wanted. This was on last Friday...

Well On Monday, Chris Emailed me pictures of the finished product, I paid for it, and it is now Thursday and I have the finished product in my hands, and it is SWEET!:eek:

Without further ado, here is my new E SERIES Ti TWISTY!!!:party:

A few pics of the head on the new body...

And this is what it looks like with a McGizmo Sundrop XRU head, (Drool...):drool:
(This has a L/M/H GDUP LE with a HCRI XP-G that I made BTW...)

And this wouldn't be complete without... HANDSHOTS! Here are 2 more for comparison.

Chris told me he actually made 3 of these, so there should be 2 more available directly from his website right now!

I would act fast, these bodies are AWESOME!

Thanks, Chris!

Images removed because they were too large. I will repost soon.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
That looks great!

Can't find it on the website right now, though (maybe could you PM me the link?)

I would *really* like one of those in CR2 ... :devil:

brandocommando

Enlightened
http://ogazent.com/cscart/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29826

Here is 1 more size comparison pic. My Sundrop is really small now!

041-5.jpg

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
They are on the site. Well, one is :)

I ordered one. I have always likes the look of the valiant little twisty. I might make my own Ti version!

S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened
This combo does not work.
Just for fun...

I think I will have to insulate the Ti VME head in order for it to work. I will find out when it arrives this week!

S1LVA

brandocommando

Enlightened
Yup, I was having some connection issues with the Sundrop head also...

There is not enough room to wrap the LE with insulating material. I was probabally going to sand it down a bit so the side of the can does not touch the body.

No biggie, I have 4 different Aleph/E series LE's to play with.

The other head/LE works perfectly though.

That Mule head looks great!

S1LVA

Enlightened
Thanks! I love the little body.

I'm sure it will be easy to insulate a Malkoff drop-in inside the VME head. I'm just impatient.

S1LVA

fyrstormer

Banned
Another option is to remove the spring from the tail of the twisty body, add a shim to ensure proper contact with the negative terminal of the battery, and add a foam ring to the back of the Aleph light engine. That way the battery won't rattle when the head is loosened, and it won't make contact until the head is tightened.

If the spring is particularly soft, it might not be necessary to remove the spring, actually.

Last edited:

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
This combo does not work.
Just for fun...

I think I will have to insulate the Ti VME head in order for it to work. I will find out when it arrives this week!

S1LVA

Any solution to make this (mule twisty) work? I like the combo but the light turns on before i can even screw it.

Thanks.