• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: McGizmo Catch and Release

notrefined

Enlightened
I have tried, but I just cannot make myself love the stock 'gizmo XR-U the way I want to :) Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful light, but I'm just a single speed kinda guy, no matter how sexy that nichia 83b emitter and the big, curvaceous hunk of sapphire in front of it are. So here again for your pleasure is this McGizmo Sundrop XR-U 83b:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?336018-***SOLD-McGizmo-Sundrop-XRU-***

I can affirm that it is exactly as described in the sales thread- clearly used but not abused, with the fine scratches indicative of normal wear. Price is the same as what I paid: $320 shipped, US only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo Catch and Release

If I hadn't just bought a Lenlight Mini Ti today, I'd be all over this. Great price and very decent of you to pass the deal on to a fellow flashaholic.

If you decided to extend the sale to the rest of us living on the rest of the planete..I'll then be interested.

rasnum

Newly Enlightened

I'm new and I'd please like the light.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm new and I'd please like the light.

To leave no doubt about what you want, please say "I'll take it!"

That's the way items for sale are allocated here in the BST. Oh, you'll get used to it soon, from th ethird light on, you'll just read the title of the thread, post "Ill take it" and then study the details... :devil:

The Sundrop XRU was my first McGizmo, a very special little light, I love it and some other McGizmos had to join it soon.

Good luck! :wave:

rasnum

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it. Paypal sent. Thank you so much!

I've been so torn about a new Haiku XML vs the sundrop, but I think I'm getting an awesome deal. I love the look, just wondering about the output and the beam color. Either way, very excited. Thank you!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SunDrop is not about output, it's 60 Lumen IIRC. The beam color is.... like sunlight! It's golden (sounds better than yellowish) and thus very special, no other light of mine has such a tint.

The Haiku will be next you say? To cut it short I could say that the Haiku is the best (titanium) EDC that exist. I've got an XRE and an XPG version, they are similar, but the XPG is overall the better light. The XML will be kinda floody, I would probably like it, is there a high CRI XML yet? :devil:

Have fun with that SunDrop!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Mark it as sold mark it as sold... Quit teasing :)

notrefined

Enlightened

It has now been >72h since last communication with buyer and item has not been paid for. This item is therefore not sold. The fact that I have received PMs from members other than the buyer suggesting that my light is "back on the market," while I have heard nothing from the buyer himself, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Therefore the light is not "back on the market," but rather will be withdrawn from sale.

Last edited:

rda1

Newly Enlightened

So, someone posted "I'll take it. Paypal sent. Thank you so much!" but what they really meant was "I am not interested and I am not sending payment, no thanks"? I can see where there may be some confusion (/sarcasm).

I can't understand why someone would state "PayPal sent" if it wasn't sent. Bad taste indeed.

notrefined

Enlightened

Oh, paypal was sent, but for less than the asking price, and the initial payment was refused for this reason. Buyer stated they would resubmit in the amount listed, which would have been acceptable to me, but since then no funds and no further communication have been received from the buyer.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the original sales thread...it is identified as a three speed.

You state it is a single level light. Can you confirm or verify this?

I know you say conus...but if you decide otherwise, please consider PMing me.

obi

BarryH

Enlightened
Re: No Sale: McGizmo Catch and Release

Obi - If you read the original post closely it states that "He is a single speed kind of guy" not that it is a single speed light. :)

notrefined

Enlightened
Re: No Sale: McGizmo Catch and Release

the light is three levels, I prefer one :)
But, I think I'll hang on to it for now. I'll start sending PMs if that changes ;)