Not a headlamp but one for the campers...

grazza

Newly Enlightened
I could not find this light mentioned anywhere on the forum so thought I would post something. No affiliation.

Might be useful for camping as it is a dedicated lantern only. I got it as a tent light and my father is about to walk across the Pyrenees and will find it useful.

Its a Jil Lite Constel (Korean) and I got it off eBay. Jil Lite make some pretty high quality lights. Pity it does not take 16340's though.

lumenApproximately 80 lumen / 3W Power LED
CR123A lithium battery (Please do not use 3.7V rechargeable battery)
30 to 40 hours for sustainable use
Twist-type (rotary switch)
Type II or Type III anodized processing
Aircraft grade aluminum (AL6061 T6)
Depth approximately 10m
55mm (Length), 22mm (Diameter)
36g, With battery

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

EDIT: added the name of the thing...

Last edited by a moderator:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
that looks like a cool little glow bug, 80 lumens of panoramic flood, nice.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a form of headlamp if you clipped one onto each ear. :nana:

Pretty darn cool. I wonder if they'll run all right on RCR123A (rechargeable) batteries? I'd assume so.

Had a bit of difficulty finding it under the name listed in the opening post.

Do not link directly to sales sites - Norm

A simple Google for "Jil Lite Constel" will reveal all

Last edited by a moderator:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was twist adjustable for a range brightnesses and warm white I'd get one, no need for it to go up to 80 lumens either.
I like it.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a q mini with a p7 suspention clip and a homemade dome. (dome is the plastic ball from a roll on deodorant).
Best tent light i got.

80 lumes for 30-40 hours on a single cr123? It dont sound right.

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two lights just for camping trips both are powered by 6 volt square lantern batteries. For frightened granddaughters they will run all night if needed to keep the werewolves and other wild critters like skeeters and man eating squirrels at bay. I am not the storyteller in this situation mostly the oldest granddaughters having fun with their sisters and cousins.

grazza

Newly Enlightened
80 lumes for 30-40 hours on a single cr123? It dont sound right.

Uhmm...I am no expert on runtimes but Jil Lite are supposed to be a premium brand.
When I get I get it I will see how long it lasts but I dont have any "light output" measuring devices. Hopefully its not a BS marketing ploy like, erm, Led Lenser.

Can anyone recommend a very good CR123 primary battery?

Gryffin

Enlightened
If it was twist adjustable for a range brightnesses and warm white I'd get one, no need for it to go up to 80 lumens either.
I like it.

Yeah, 80 lumens sounds like waaaay too bright. But, then, I'm a big believer in letting your eyes do that natural adaptation thang in the dark, and hence using as little light in the woods as necessary. My tent light is a red GloToob FX set on LOW, and even that seems too bright inside a tent.

That said, this lil' Jil light looks pretty cool. If it had a lower setting or two, I'd give it a hard look.

Gryffin

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a very good CR123 primary battery?

Whatever you do, DON'T buy 'em retail, the prices are extortionary. (Seriously, I once saw 'em hanging up near the register in a gas station, they wanted $12 for a pair. There oughta be a law...)

I'm a big fan of the Titanium cells at Battery Junction. In fact, CPF's prolific reviewer Selfbuilt has found that they handle heavy current draw better that the bigger brands like Sanyo and Duracell. BJ charges about a buck each for the Titaniums, plus shipping... but they'll waive the shipping if the order is big enough, so pick up a nice new flashlight while you're there. ;) Oh, and there's a discount code for CPFers...

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant be 80 lumens constant brightness. My old zebra h30 "only" does 2,5 hours in high mode (80 lumens),and it's still a pretty effective light.

My tent light is a red GloToob FX set on LOW, and even that seems too bright inside a tent.
Same with the mini-x + deoball combo. Lo is plenty bright in the tent. Anything more will make me regret my lumen choise everytime i step out of the tent and into the darkness :) Less is more when you got no ambient light.

(costs 17$ for a single cr123 last time i checked in local stores :shakehead)

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't it a common technicality to list the max lumens followed by the total runtime? There is technically no logical link between them but it reads that way... It's an old trick and one that should be assumed and not taken personally.
What should be said is (just spit-balling here): "When first turning the light on with fresh batteries, the light will put out 80 lumens. The light will continue to put out some usable amount of light for 30-40 hours."

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics of the dome mod for the mini. $50 is a bit pricey for me right now and I already have a mini. Will be tent camping soon and don't have a good tent light. Plus the mini on low would be about right after I dome I suspect.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very neat little light, but I agree, pricey for what it is. Too bad they didn't make it as an AA light. I can see that it'd be a nice little tent light for backpacking.

For the money, for family car camping, it's hard to beat my Solarforce LT1 attachment. Heavy and bulky, yeah, but for car camping not much of an issue. The biggest bonus is that I can have a neutral or warm tint with it if I want depending on which module I use. I typically use it with my L2X extended.