Imalent        
Page 62 of 496 FirstFirst ... 125255565758596061626364656667686972112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 14880

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

My Malkoff collection has grown from NONE from 3 months ago to this:

SF 6P with M61W running on AW 17670

SF E2D with VME + M61WL running on AW 17670

MK HD XM-L2 neutral + MD3 + SolarForce extender running on 2x Orbtronic 18650 3400 mAh

Incoming: MD2 turnkey hi-lo M61 219 + M61 SHO 219 + M31 219. This is a nonstop game for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    If I get a friend to help, it should be easy to get readings from multiple distances out to about 125 yards at the local park. If ya want it further, I can find a different location.

Grizz
    125 would be great! Which modules will you be comparing?

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    125 would be great! Which modules will you be comparing?
    I can compare the M60, Surefire LX2, M61 SHO, cool XM-L Hound Dog, neutral XM-L2 Hound Dog, cool and neutral Wildcat V4.

A M61 SHO 219 may arrive by the weekend, but it's not gonna be competitive. I couldn't resist the sale price.

Grizz

That sale was hard to resist. Added an M61-219LL to my growing collection which now includes
    M60NF, M61W, M61NLLL, M61-219, M61-219-LL, Hound Dog XML on an MD3 and an MD2 HA. Camo MD2 coming soon.
    Last edited by greatscoot; 03-29-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    I can compare the M60, Surefire LX2, M61 SHO, cool XM-L Hound Dog, neutral XM-L2 Hound Dog, cool and neutral Wildcat V4.

A M61 SHO 219 may arrive by the weekend, but it's not gonna be competitive. I couldn't resist the sale price.

Grizz
    Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    That sale was hard to resist. Added an M61-219LL to my growing collection which now includes
    M60NF, M61W, M61NLLL, M61-219, M61-219-LL, Hound Dog XML on an MD3 and an MD2 HA. Camo MD2 coming soon.
    Which "Sale" you're talking guys, from IS?

Yes, and it is still active....20% off all Malkoff engines.

Instead of just a bare M61 219, I should have bought the turnkey package. Oh well.

Grizz

I just received the package. I liked the turnkey 219 so much so I went in and ordered one more
    The M61SHO 219 lives in SF C2 host for now:

Quote Originally Posted by ledmitter_nli View Post
    I vaguely remember testing the drop in (actually its an M61WLL) yesterday using a Panasonic 3400mAh unprotected and let it draw down to 2.9V. Took about 6 hours to draw down to approx 10% of its full 70 lumens output. Direct drive with a fresh pair of AA's appears to be 70 lumens as well.

Today I'm testing two AA's. Started at 7:00AM. 10 hours on and we're only at 50% of its full output.

What I can't confirm is if my 3400 lithium from yesterday was originally charged or not. I'm sure it was over 70% charged, I rotate often. So I'm still going to have to retest this later on and with a new battery. But suspicious none the less.

From what I can recall I plotted some lines:

This chart is arbitrary and estimated, but it seems like this is what's happening.
    I can confirm two things. 1. The 18650 I originally used wasn't fully charged - thus the quick 6 hours to draw down to approx 10%. 2. Using a new RediLast 3100mah battery, the Malkoff M61WLL dies in approx 21 hours.

2X AA alkaline's with 115 hours of run time wins.

Next will test 2X AA Enloop XX's.

I can confirm two things. 1. The 18650 I originally used wasn't fully charged - thus the quick 6 hours to draw down to approx 10%. 2. Using a new RediLast 3100mah battery, the Malkoff M61WLL dies in approx 21 hours.

2X AA alkaline's with 115 hours of run time wins.

Next will test 2X AA Enloop XX's.
    How do you measure the output?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurveleven View Post
    How do you measure the output?
    You can eyeball it and make a percentage estimate from a lux reading at the high to off.

You can eyeball it and make a percentage estimate from a lux reading at the high to off.
    So, do you use your eyeballs or a luxmeter to do each data point?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurveleven View Post
    So, do you use your eyeballs or a luxmeter to do each data point?
    Luxmeter. Say it's 1200 lux at a given distance (say one meter) with fresh batteries. And 0 lux when the light shuts off. You can estimate percentages based off those firgures.

Luxmeter.
    OK, that is good, I just didn't know what to think when I read approx and eyeball

The 18650 will provide a brighter light for the time it is running in regulation and when it exhausted, it should not be run like you are able to with 2-AA's. The 2-AA's will provide less or a lower amount of light for a longer period of time, but it will run out of regulation providing less light during the entire run time. With this experiment it is almost like comparing apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    The 18650 will provide a brighter light for the time it is running in regulation and when it exhausted, it should not be run like you are able to with 2-AA's. The 2-AA's will provide less or a lower amount of light for a longer period of time, but it will run out of regulation providing less light during the entire run time. With this experiment it is almost like comparing apples to oranges.
    The AA's provide a much longer duration of useful light above 50 lumens which is awesome for a dropin capped at 70 lumens.

The AA's provide a much longer duration of useful light above 50 lumens which is awesome for a dropin capped at 70 lumens.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I just wanted to point out the differences in light output. The 18650's are really not meant to be used for extremely "long" run times. Maybe a couple to 4 hours depending on the drop in and then recharge the cells back to 4.2v, all the while running in regulation. The difference is the light outputs while in regulation using the 18650 (brighter) vs. the light outputs while in direct drive using 2-AA's (lower).
    Last edited by RI Chevy; 04-02-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Default The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

If you guys had to make an educated guess on the lux of the cool white HD XML-L2, what might it be? The triple XP-G2 cool white wildcat is ~17,000 at one meter. Would the Hound Dog be probably 50,000 or so?

I'm asking out of curiosity, really. I'll get one regardless at some point (likely when the MD4 bodies are back in stock).

By the way everyone: neutral Wildcats are BACK IN STOCK. 4 units left on the site's stock counter right now

— Sent from my unreleased, next generation iPad 44 running iOS X that can call anyone, anywhere in the galaxy and drive my car by remotely tapping into the ECU.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    If you guys had to make an educated guess on the lux of the cool white HD XML-L2, what might it be? The triple XP-G2 cool white wildcat is ~17,000 at one meter. Would the Hound Dog be probably 50,000 or so?

I'm asking out of curiosity, really. I'll get one regardless at some point (likely when the MD4 bodies are back in stock).

By the way everyone: neutral Wildcats are BACK IN STOCK. 4 units left on the site's stock counter right now

— Sent from my unreleased, next generation iPad 44 running iOS X that can call anyone, anywhere in the galaxy and drive my car by remotely tapping into the ECU.
    I would guesstimate the cool XM-L2 Hound Dog to have about 30k lux.
    The throw is not alot longer than the XML HD. It has a lot more lumens, but I estimate the lux to be about maybe 40% more at most.

The old XPG Hound Dog had about 20k lux, and the XML didn't really throw much/any further, but had more lumens in the spill. I think that the XM-L2 gives more in all ways, but it's not a real lot more throw, IMO. I would be surprised if it had more than 30k lux.
    Brawndo. It's got what plants crave!

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    Make that 3, I couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Make that 3, I couldnt resist.
    Spoken like true JUNKIE!

Since this is the Malkoff junkie Topic/Thread....

I just wanted to confirm a Surefire A19 will thread onto and work on an MD2/MD3???

And I guess if so, which I am pretty sure it does this is why Gene doesn't bother making his own...

Why reinvent the adapter, when you did such a phenomenal job on the light, Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    Spoken like true JUNKIE!
    Amen brother and fellow junkie.

I really had trouble resisting the first run, but I did. Then I had remorse, then I saw the post (thanks btw!) that there was four in stock. Awesome.

Btw two left, will the last one last 24 hours again??

Yes, the A19 does indeed work very well on the MD series of bodies. I bought a couple of bored A19s (one Type II, one Type III) from Oveready a few months ago, and use them on my Malkoffs on a fairly regular basis.

Grizz

Check out this thread for some extensions made from MD stock. Nice alternative to the A19's and A14's.

Bill
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 04-02-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Neutral Wildcats are SOLD OUT again, already.

Thanks for the heads up on the SF extensions,

And yes I was on the site last night watching and they are selling fast,

I wonder if the Neutral Wildcats are the same LED I have in my M31NL, because it's supposed to be an XP-G2 4000K, it's a so beautiful,
    looks just like an InCan bulb!!!

That's what made made me want a NWC so bad, bc of my M61N XPG2. I would bet it is the same emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    That's what made made me want a NWC so bad, bc of my M61N XPG2. I would bet it is the same emitters.
    Dang, that means I need to watch and get one!!!

I love the tint of this LED! Seems to be a great balance of CRI and output, I have an M31 also to compare side by side and am just amazed,

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbean View Post
    Since this is the Malkoff junkie Topic/Thread....

I just wanted to confirm a Surefire A19 will thread onto and work on an MD2/MD3???

And I guess if so, which I am pretty sure it does this is why Gene doesn't bother making his own...

Why reinvent the adapter, when you did such a phenomenal job on the light, Lol...
    I use Solarforce 1 cell extender on my MD3 to run 2x18650 li-ion, worked out great (pic above). It is not Surefire though...

Was just browsing the Malkoff site and there are four Neutral Wildcats in stock.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Page 62 of 496 FirstFirst ... 125255565758596061626364656667686972112162 ... LastLast