ArmyTek        
Page 464 of 528 FirstFirst ... 364414454457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471474514 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,920 of 15836

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

I know we can't predict an exact release date, but do we have enough information to estimate? Are we talking about one month? Or six months?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I know we can't predict an exact release date, but do we have enough information to estimate? Are we talking about one month? Or six months?
    What I came away with was soon as in weeks not months but that's my interpretations.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    I chatted with Craig. He said the Malkoff order/planing is moving along and the M31LL is high on the list. Once I get it the omnivore project will be totally done. That and a new bezel. Going with the 22.3 (or whatever). Guess yea gotta Email Cathy about that when placing the order.
    You can place the order for standard MDX head then email or call Cathy to change the head out to an MDX 22.3. I typically place my orders then send Cathy an email. Sometimes i will email Cathy for placing an order because system doesn't show enough stock.

Quote Originally Posted by marco.weiss View Post
    Although I know it's worth the wait, this is taking forever ... I wish it did not take that long. In my humble opinion, both Gene and Craig are failing to make money.
    This lack of Nichia has nothing to do with Gene. Craig supplies all the emitters, send them to Gene, then when he gets around to it, Craig will place an actual order with Gene. Craig is the only source for the Nichia models and that will not change any time in the near future.

I do not know what all I can say on the subject, but this is the way it has always worked and will continue to work unless we can somehow get Craig to keep up. However this may be difficult because he has a lot of things to try and keep up on at his store.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    What I came away with was soon as in weeks not months but that's my interpretations.
    I imagine we will not see anything for a month or 2 but I am ready and waiting. I hope that they come soon.

There was a concept drawing of a possible new MDC body a while back. Any more info on this? Is it definitely in the works? Time-frame?
    -thanks

There may be new Malkoff users that haven't voted on the below thread, so I just raise it to the fore again!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ads&highlight=

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Just ordered a 18650 neutral hound dog with crenelated bezel and new style tail cap. Wife can’t believe a light like that only cost me $50.00. l
    At only $50, that's a steal! Tell her that for everyone else, they went up a bit in price again...

Quote Originally Posted by straightShot View Post
    At only $50, that's a steal! Tell her that for everyone else, they went up a bit in price again...
    😂😂 told her it’s worth 5 times that.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

While waiting for the Nichia dropins... (puh, this is really a long time now, I hope they at least pile them up) I meanwhile ordered a Nitecore MT06MD with 219B ...

Quote Originally Posted by mamelo View Post
    While waiting for the Nichia dropins... (puh, this is really a long time now, I hope they at least pile them up) I meanwhile ordered a Nitecore MT06MD with 219B ...
    [IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

lol

lol
    epic!

A&Q Moderator

Can I send that to Craig in the hopes it moves things along...
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

The postman just delivered my first Malkoff order.
    MDC HA SHO 1CR123 Flashlight

First impressions in one word... Wow!
    It is really nice, quality, built solid and very small.

I used to be against CR123 batteries, but for certain use cases they are the most reliable and best option.

I purchased this as a small tactical pocket sized flashlight to replace my Protac 1L-1AA which while a very good and reliable light (unlike my 1AA models), was just lacking in quality.

Since 2011, my EDC has changed from the Fenix LD20 R5 --> Protac 1AA --> Protac 1L --> Elzetta A111 (Rotary Tailcap --> Click Tailcap) --> Protac 1L-1AA --> Malkoff MDC SHO

Along the way I've realized that for a tactical light, nothing beats a single mode on/off, but because of this a separate utility light is also required, and also serves as a backup (two is one, one is none). So I've always carried a Fenix E01 (or a Photon Microlight II) on my keychain, and/or a Streamlight Microstream in my other pant pocket (which I keep upgrading every time a brighter models is released).

Quick tests put it not quite a bright as the Protac 1L-1AA on a CR123 but certainly bright enough for my purposes. As for the bezel diameter, slightly larger than the Protac 1L-1AA but smaller than the Elzetta Alpha.
    Anyway I highly recommend the Malkoff so far.

Cost: $113.99 USD
    Discount: -$17.09 USD
    Shipping and handling: $55.00 USD
    Total: $151.90 USD

[Note: used 15% discount code, shipping was international hence the cost]
    Last edited by GoVegan; 03-23-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Fixed typos.

As for a Malkoff 1AAA light, yeah I'd probably buy one now for the build quality and reliability.
    I'd like to see a small twisty like the Fenix E01, probably single mode, with a couple of options for brightness, selectable during ordering, maybe 10 lumens and 100 lumens.
    Oh and a few options in emitters for those that care, me I'd prob go for the cool white, single mode high only.

Quote Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
    The postman just delivered my first Malkoff order.
    MDC HA SHO 1CR123 Flashlight
    A fine choice. My SHO has been on the daily menu for a few weeks now, although I've been using it with the 2xAA tube along with a pair of eneloops.

From time to time, I'm seized by the fear that the P60 format, along with the valiant, brass-housed M61 modules from Malkoff, will cease to exist. So I get online and buy drop ins. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just a twitching addict in need of institutionalization?

Quick question for everyone. Is the hi/lo switch in the M61Hot the same as the standard hi/lo? I'd like to use it with a standard m61n. Thanks!

From time to time, I'm seized by the fear that the P60 format, along with the valiant, brass-housed M61 modules from Malkoff, will cease to exist. So I get online and buy drop ins. Anyone else experience this? ....
    Great products (like the M30, MD10, Ti-VME, etc, etc) get discontinued all the time ... so I buy backups of stuff I like, when opportunity and funds permit.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    Quick question for everyone. Is the hi/lo switch in the M61Hot the same as the standard hi/lo? I'd like to use it with a standard m61n. Thanks!
    Yes, it is the same High/Low ring.

Flashaholic*

From time to time, I'm seized by the fear that the P60 format, along with the valiant, brass-housed M61 modules from Malkoff, will cease to exist. So I get online and buy drop ins. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just a twitching addict in need of institutionalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Great products (like the M30, MD10, Ti-VME, etc, etc) get discontinued all the time ... so I buy backups of stuff I like, when opportunity and funds permit.
    Your fears are well founded as far as I am concerned.Like archimedes I try to buy backups of lights I like.To provide an example I am a big fan of the early CMG Infinity and the original INOVA X1.Neither light is available now in the same form.I have a few but both were available with green LEDs . I only bought one of each and now I wish that I had purchased a half dozen each! Neither light was expensive and they are still viable today despite the old tech.I am sure we could go on and on lamenting discontinued lights that were never replaced or replaced with something less desirable.

Hopefully Gene and company continue for a long time but even he has to make changes. The current MD2 is one of the better lights available IMHO and generally an improvement over the original MD2. That said, I still really like the original with the protruding Judco switch. It is more aesthetically pleasing to me than the current model even though it has more limitations.
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 03-24-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Quote Originally Posted by ZMZ67 View Post
    I am sure we could go on and on lamenting discontinued lights that were never replaced or replaced with something less desirable.

Hopefully Gene and company continue for a long time but even he has to make changes...
    I regret that I did not discover Malkoff Devices until 2016. In particular, I'm sad to have missed the Wildcat versions 4 and 5. The version six enjoys MDX compatibility, but it seems that the older versions would have handled heat better, having a larger heat sink. I also think that warm V5 (MTG2?) was something special. I may pick one up used, if I run across it at the right time.

@Archimedes. I had to google MD10. Didn't even know what it was until now. Thanks!

Yes, it is the same High/Low ring.
    Thanks!

Got my Neutral 18650 hound dog yesterday. WOW. This thing rocks. Built like a tank,low is much brighter then I thought plenty brigh to use for trail walking at night. And high is just perfect. plenty of spill and the throw is fantastic. Glad I went with Neutral. It’s just a great tint/color. Also much smaller then I thought as well. No problem carrying this in your pocket. Pretty sure this is my favorite light right now.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Got my Neutral 18650 hound dog yesterday. WOW. This thing rocks. Built like a tank,low is much brighter then I thought plenty brigh to use for trail walking at night. And high is just perfect. plenty of spill and the throw is fantastic. Glad I went with Neutral. It’s just a great tint/color. Also much smaller then I thought as well. No problem carrying this in your pocket. Pretty sure this is my favorite light right now.
    The neutral Hound Dog 18650 was my first Malkoff and is still my favorite light. I also remember being surprised by the diminutive form factor, at least compared to my expectation. Lately, it's been sporting the tricap, which complements it perfectly.

Congrats on the purchase.

Great Purchase indeed. As Modern said, it is one of my favorite lights, but I have many that i like from the Malkoff family. I have recently joined the realm of warm Malkoff's and i am really loving them for around the house, nice and easy on the eyes.

The 5700k cool version isn't too bad either, definitely nicer than 6200k, but i agree; I like neutral more. I am starting to like the Super a bit more as well with it's flexibility from being able to run off a 18350-3x18650. I am hoping possibly Gene can accomplish Super v2 with a more useful spill beam. While it is a huge/wide spill beam, it isn't very bright/effective. Make it more like a HD and it would be quite the light.

Love the skeleton pic. LOL! soon to have a couple of Malkoffs on the way. Bought the Wildcat Neutral recently, and I certainly love the light. Great products.

Man I am down for a Nichia drop in too. I have a couple Tools running Nichias and I love love love the tint!

Here's a shot of my small but growing Malkoff collection. I use the MD1 from Martin White almost every day for work. It's got an M61N with a high/low ring. Perfect tint for me. I use the Hound Dog the least. Even with the high/low ring it's just a little too much for me. The came I just picked up an it is brand new. It will end up being a shelf queen.

Great stuff. I like your lanyards. What battery are you running in that MD1?

Thanks! I'm not sure if you've seen it but there's an awesome blog about all different types of paracord projects. He has an awesome tutorial and they're fun to tie!

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/2011/...t-lanyard.html

I'm running an 18350 Keeppower Protected Button Top. I like it! I normally only use the low because I'm working in a tight space for work. I will break out the high sometimes if I'm walking my dog at night or really searching for something when the power goes out but otherwise I only charge the battery every other week or so with normal use.

I picked up an M31W with a VME head. Also got an M61WL. Tomorrow, the post man is scheduled to deliver a second VME head and a 16650 battery tube.

I'm evolving into a low output, warm LED, drop in addict, which is a sub-species of Malkoff Junkie. Any others out there?

I expect I'll get an M61WLL as well, right along with a few Nicha modules, should they ever materialize.

Page 464 of 528 FirstFirst ... 364414454457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471474514 ... LastLast