Fitorch        
Page 515 of 532 FirstFirst ... 15415465505508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522525 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,450 of 15959

Thread: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Flashaholic

Default Re: The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

^^ Peter you are the UK version of MacGyver. Who needs a stinkin Bridgeport! 👍

Just picked up a Wildcat v4 on the exchange. I did some searching but couldn't find any info. Does anyone have one and run it on an MD2? Any idea what the run time on hi is? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nmiller View Post
    Just picked up a Wildcat v4 on the exchange. I did some searching but couldn't find any info. Does anyone have one and run it on an MD2? Any idea what the run time on hi is? Thanks!
    unfortunately I also did not find anything about this flashlight on md2 host. At that time we still did not have the excellent reviews of the infrnl.

what I found the best was this:

http://flashlightguide.com/2014/01/r...at-flashlight/

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ff-MD4-Wildcat

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...alkoff-Wildcat
    Last edited by marco.weiss; 08-17-2018 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    ven, have you tried 2x Li-On with new gen m61? There will be a substantial gain in output.

Bill
    Hey there Bill, i cant find it now, heck might not even be this malk thread. But someone mentioned about the engraving on the 425lm m61 drop ins. So of course i had to look, tried my best to capture it(not easy!) to aid others int he future.
    Can just about make out the couple of dots engraved under 1 of the m61

*Flashaholic*

Not that I am in a position to advise, but this should have really been renamed M62, given the major change from the older edition.

this would eluminate a lot of confusion. The little dot and looking for it. We might end up with some self-upgrades.

M61 series is almost 10 years old. Well, eight to be precise.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

*Flashaholic*

On a different topic - I've had some issues with the Malkoff default clicky tailcap *and* some short batteries.

The Malkoff clicky works very well with Protected 18650s. It also works well with unprotected 18650s that are button top.

I recently got some Panasonic 18650s that are flat-top and unprotected and they are the shortest of them all. The tailcap that comes with MD-series, the clicky, does not turn them on. However, Surefire Z41 does.

Actually Z41 is my preferred tailcap for Malkoff products, it works well. Makes the light more compact. Unless there is not enough clearance for it. Such as in the MD3 body, loaded with two long 18500s, the cells take up so much space that the Z41 rubs some of the finish off. And in that instance, the clicky works much better.

I would like a (ideally hard press) McClicky that's recessed, like the original Malkoff tailcap but has the same parameters as Z41, it seats lower and engages low cells better than the default Malkoff tailcap.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

I use battery spacers from RPM with my short unprotected batteries.

*Flashaholic*

that is one solution, I was hoping to just resolve it via a tailcap.

I think this oveready TC should work but is it is not cheap. $76 without adding the McClicky itself and shipping, so over $100 for a tailcap, does not make sense.

Custom Knurled Aluminum DPC Tailcap

I am specifically looking for the best tailcap for the 18650 Hound Dog, I've tried everything I have and am not satisfied with anything all that much.

Tricap is great. Except it does not engage flat-top cells.

Z41 is great. However I use the bicycle grip mod which prevents it from turning.

Z41 modded with McClicky is great. However I EDC the light and fear it will get clicked on by itself.

Default Malkoff clicky is great. But like the Tricap, it does not engage *some* cells. Flat-top.

I may just have to accept that the Tricap is the best and only run protected cells in it, which have no issues.

My M61T runs with all kinds of cells with all kinds of tailcaps.
    Last edited by etc; 08-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    Not that I am in a position to advise, but this should have really been renamed M62, given the major change from the older edition.

this would eluminate a lot of confusion. The little dot and looking for it. We might end up with some self-upgrades.

M61 series is almost 10 years old. Well, eight to be precise.
    The newest version is the same emitter, just driven harder... the new M61s are too new for me to judge overall (haven't killed any primaries with them yet), but I generally favor runtime over initial brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    Tricap is great. Except it does not engage flat-top cells.
    Stretch the spring contact on the head. I use flat top IMRs with no problem, but I had to stretch the spring a little.

Etc, take a look at the tailcaps from cryosillumination.com (cpf member Ronac, but I think he's not active these days). They are shrouded for tailstanding like the Malkoff but have the Z41 type switch positioning for tighter battery fit. Shown below is the version with grip ring, but there's also a smooth one more akin to the Malkoff design.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Sorry if there is a dedicated thread for these, but I felt like sharing

"Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Cool dude, yeah i have some pics on the body guard thread with a u2 head on the v2 body
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Thanks Marco

Here is a clicky tail cap from a SF 6PX Pro on the HD 18650. It shortens the OAL a bit compared to a Malkoff tail cap and allows the light to slide into a belt holster. The button is a little more accessible vs. the Tricap and much more accessible vs. the standard Malkoff tail cap. Aesthetically it looks good too IMO;

I think it would be great if Gene took the standard tail cap and made a shroudless version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    I think it would be great if Gene took the standard tail cap and made a shroudless version of it.
    I've often thought the same thing. I enjoy having the option to tail stand, but who tail stands a hound dog? More options would be welcome.

Nice photo, as usual, btw.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

My hds on the upper left have the OR tails. They are a touch longer than z41s and match malkoffs quite well imo. If you get a machined retainer or file the body threads down you can bite down a Prometheus clip perfectly, example is my md2 on the upper right.
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Nice collection Jose!

It's been over two years now since I bought my first Malkoff, a Hound Dog 18650 in neutral. Still a favorite. I've never regretted the purchase.

Nice torch!

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    It's been over two years now since I bought my first Malkoff, a Hound Dog 18650 in neutral. Still a favorite. I've never regretted the purchase.

Nice photo!

Mine is also in neutral and though it looks a bit yellow on a white wall, it's tint is perfect outdoors. The beam pattern of the HD 18650 is remarkably useful, even on the low setting. If I could only own one Malkoff light, this would be the one.

My HD 18650 neutral has become my favorite camping light. The low is plenty bright to walk around camp trails and I adjust the head so it is just ready to go to high. This was I can just pull back on the bezel and it goes to high mode without having to turn the head.im no master of tint/color in fact none of that really matters to me but I do think I can see better with the neutral then say my standard M61.And runtime is just great. I went on a camping trip awhile back for 3 nights and brought 4 extra 18650 cells. Didn’t even go through one full cell.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    My HD 18650 neutral has become my favorite camping light. The low is plenty bright to walk around camp trails and I adjust the head so it is just ready to go to high. This was I can just pull back on the bezel and it goes to high mode without having to turn the head.im no master of tint/color in fact none of that really matters to me but I do think I can see better with the neutral then say my standard M61.And runtime is just great. I went on a camping trip awhile back for 3 nights and brought 4 extra 18650 cells. Didn’t even go through one full cell.

You guys mean the xml NW or the XPL?

*Flashaholic*

It's a big hit. What an amazing amount of lumens from a light not that much larger than 6P

very EDC-able

I did not think it was possible to make it happen, about 1000 lumens

Looking at 18650 HD and the regular model, side by side, it seems on fresh cell, 18650 is brighter. Possibly because the other one is neutral.

of course it does not regulate the same way
    Last edited by etc; 08-19-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    You guys mean the xml NW or the XPL?
    XPL, although the XML is a special light as well.

Flashaholic*

Default The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Anyone know when the 1xAA is back in stock ? also does it uses a McClicky switch ?

Quote Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
    Anyone know when the 1xAA is back in stock ? also does it uses a McClicky switch ?
    Don't know about stock, but usually not long. Yes on the McClicky.

all malkoffs use mcclicky

Flashaholic*

Thanks guys.

Page 515 of 532 FirstFirst ... 15415465505508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522525 ... LastLast