The Fenix-Store
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any word on the Eagletac D25 series clickys?

Default Re: Any word on the Eagletac D25 series clickys?

sspc, I think your orginal post was correct. According to ETs comparison sheet, the 2.7-8.4v heads have a minimum of 5 lumens... So no moonlight, unless you consider 5lms to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    sspc, I think your orginal post was correct. According to ETs comparison sheet, the 2.7-8.4v heads have a minimum of 5 lumens... So no moonlight, unless you consider 5lms to be it.
    If this is true, about not having a true Low mode using Li-ion,
    EagleTac dropped the ball.

......so many modes & not a true Low

could have sworn they advertised a .5 lumen moon mode,thats why i bought the d25a.if not im going to be really upset
    if this is the case in guess in sticking to 4 sevens and zebralight.

Quote Originally Posted by af112566 View Post
    could have sworn they advertised a .5 lumen moon mode,thats why i bought the d25a.if not im going to be really upset
    if this is the case in guess in sticking to 4 sevens and zebralight.
    You should be ok... I said the high voltage heads 2.7-8.4v have 5 lm minimums.... The low voltage heads 0.8-3.2v do have 0.5 lm minimums - the D25A is LV. Anyways, this just from the D25 clicky comparison chart on the main ET website, check it it for yourselves.

I want the the D25A for the smaller size, buried disco modes and screw in clip, but think I will stay with my Quark X AA since I run a 14500. Guess you just can't have everything.
    Last edited by reppans; 04-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Some details I just can't help but be puzzled by. I ordered the Neutral tint. I'm just a little confused that on my D25LC2 clicky's box front cover it lists the emitter as "XM-L U2". On EagleTac websites and even at illuminationgear (where I ordered mine) the "XM-L U2" is associated with Cool White, not Neutral. At EagleTac websites, they associate the "XM-L T6" with Neutral tint and at illuminationgear, both the "XM-L T6 and T5" are associated with Neutral tint. Probably just a typo on the T5 thing. Heck, with all these numbers and specs and stats, editing a website for this stuff would be a nightmare. So I can surely understand the variances.

The side of my box however has a sticker "Neutral White 4300K LED". And my eyesight clearly tells me that this light has a lovely neutral tint that especially looks awesome on greens outdoors. And I have plenty of Cool Whites, so I know the difference. No doubt that I have a Neutral White LED.

So my puzzle is this:
    I definitely have a Neutral White...
    but do I have a U2 or a T6? (I think T5 was a typo at the dealer's site)
    What I am about to say is corny, but it is a phrase I would normally use under these circumstances -
    Can anyone shed some light on this?

BTW - The more opportunities I have to shine this light outside at night, the more I come to respect what this light does for its size!
    Last edited by zenbeam; 04-30-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5

^

ET uses the little Neutral Tint sticker at the side of the box, just a simple way to show you got the goods.
    The T5/6 is irrelevant because its all about the 4300K. {there is no neutral U2}

Just to save you an unnecessary message to Tod.

Also, Tod is a straight shooter.
    Last edited by orbital; 04-30-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Flashaholic

I seem to recall Tod telling me my neutral was a T6.
    It is most definitely a neutral. I just wowed a colleague with the detail of the dirt he could see on his desk.
    LensLight Mini; Surefire Fury; ZebraLight SC600W, SC60W, SC52W and SC51C; EagleTac NW D25LC2 and NW D25A; Xeno E03 Nichia 219 (x2); ThruNite Neutron 1AA Neutral; Quark Ti AA & 2-123-T; Quark AA-T and 123-2-T; Nitecore D10R2 and D10R2 (Tribute); Romisen RC-A4X and RC-A4II; Balder SE-1 Neutral

@ orbital
    I totally believe Tod is a straight shooter. I've spoken with him on the phone and exchanged an email or two. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just happen to have an eye for little mismatching details and I get curious is all. Maybe I should proof read websites for a living. lol

So by process of elimination, if there is no Neutral U2 (which I don't doubt), then ET just doesn't have a "XM-L T6" box cover and just relies on the sticker on the side to differentiate tint. Or, they do have a "XM-L T6" box cover and mistakenly put on the U2 cover on mine.

I wasn't concerned at all about possibly being misled. I ordered a Neutral XM-L and got just that. I was just curious why ET's labeling was somewhat conflicting.
    Last edited by zenbeam; 04-30-2012 at 09:56 AM.

+

EagleTac doesn't make special boxes for their Neutral tints.
    On my two T100C2s' & my D25LC2 twisty all just had the sticker,..my first T100C2 was several years ago.

My D25LC2 box, note the Neutral sticker:

I'm still confused a bit about the listed output levels of the D25A.

Per the Eagletac website there are 4 output regular levels for this light...but I also read that there is a moonlight, low, medium, and high for group 1 and then turbo for group 2. That makes 5 regular output modes. I understand that group 1 will only display 3 of these 4 available modes and the user can program group 1 to either display moonlight, low and medium (option A) or low, medium and high (option B).

So if I programmed the light for option B above, does the output level for high in group 1 equal the output level of turbo in group 2? Or are there actully 5 regular modes?
    Is it Moon<Low<Medium<High=Turbo (only 4 different regular modes) or
    Is it Moon<Low<Medium<High<Turbo (5 different regular modes)

If there are actually different levels for turbo or high, I'm curious to know the OTF output for high as the website seems to list the Turbo output.

I'm about ready to buy this one, but I would like to understand this piece better.

D25A XM-L, lumens:

176/107/10/1 LED; 122/75/8/0.5 OTF ("moon" mode on) or
    176/107/20/4 LED; 122/75/16/3 OTF ("moon" mode off)

Red - Turbo mode from Group 2 (head tightened).
    Last edited by phantom23; 04-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

EagleTac doesn't make special boxes for their Neutral tints.
    On my two T100C2s' & my D25LC2 twisty all just had the sticker,..my first T100C2 was several years ago.

My D25LC2 box, note the Neutral sticker:

This. Thanks.

I am disappointed with the XT-E in the D25 series, as this has been rejected by a vendor here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom23 View Post
    D25A XM-L, lumens:

176/107/10/1 LED; 122/75/8/0.5 OTF ("moon" mode on) or
    176/107/20/4 LED; 122/75/16/3 OTF ("moon" mode off)

Red - Turbo mode from Group 2 (head tightened).
    Thanks but where is high? I'm still looking for clarification on if there are 4 regular brightness modes (moon, low, medium, with high and turbo as the same output level) or 5 modes (moon, low, medium, with high and turbo as separate output levels)...if there are 5 modes, the output for high appears not to be listed.
    Last edited by sspc; 04-30-2012 at 11:44 AM.

I don't have the light, but my understanding of the UI is (XML version)

Moonlight off: 8/75/100 group1; 122/strobe group2
    Moonlight on: 0.5/8/75 group1; 122/strobe group2

The footnote #5 (website spec sheet) leads me to believe the only difference between Turbro and High is a 20% boost for the first 90 seconds.

If this is correct, they are not very well spaced modes IMHO..
    Last edited by reppans; 04-30-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE LED View Post
    I am disappointed with the XT-E in the D25 series, as this has been rejected by a vendor here in the UK.
    I originally ordered an XT-E and since changed since issues were reported here in the states as well. Illuminationgear sent back a batch of XT-E's to ET as well. But I sure do like the XM-L after all!

The footnote #5 (website spec sheet) leads me to believe the only difference between Turbro and High is a 20% boost for the first 90 seconds.

If this is correct, they are not very well spaced modes IMHO..
    Thanks for this. So High is not shown in the specs but might just be 20% less than the listed turbo output. That might very well be it.

I agree with you, if this is the case, the medium mode and high mode look to be too close in output...more specifically, the medium mode appears to be too much in comparison to the top output of this light. But I still want it.
    Last edited by sspc; 04-30-2012 at 01:18 PM.

It's not like that. With moon mode on group 1 is like you said. With moon mode off 0,5lm mode doesn't disappear - two lowest modes (0,5 and 8lm) just become brighter and group 1 looks like this: 3/16/75 lumens.

It's not like that. With moon mode on group 1 is like you said. With moon mode off 0,5lm mode doesn't disappear - two lowest modes (0,5 and 8lm) just become brighter and group 1 looks like this: 3/16/75 lumens.
    Well that's good to know... Those numbers look much more useable. Although that confuses their description further.... Are up to 7 effective lumen modes?
    Last edited by reppans; 04-30-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Based on the diagram below (for the D25A) on Eagletac's site, this is not the case unless the terms "medium" and "high" are interchangeable.

i got my d25a today and i really like it.it does have a true moon modeits comparable to the low on my sc600.you can look directly at the led without it hurting you eyes.it has a beautiful floody beam too.
    im just using a eneloop,havnt tried a 14500 yet.the overall quality is similar to my 4 sevens lights which i like.overall this is a winner.i would like one with a xp-g next..

I can't get my D25LC2 to program is anyone else having trouble? I turn the light on with the head loose and tighten/loosen 3x and nothing, I've tried to do it very fast and I've tried it by tighten/loosen 4x. I don't know what I could be doing wrong.
    My flashlight collection HERE

After cleaning the light and re-lubing I'm still not able to get to moonlight mode or memory mode, also I noticed the output drop while on turbo does not throttle back until around 3 minutes, not 90 seconds like described in the manual or ET website.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    After cleaning the light and re-lubing I'm still not able to get to moonlight mode or memory mode, also I noticed the output drop while on turbo does not throttle back until around 3 minutes, not 90 seconds like described in the manual or ET website.
    specs say no moonlight on the high voltage (2x123) heads?

specs say no moonlight on the high voltage (2x123) heads?
    Well, there is, it's just quite bright. In D25LC2 two lowest modes have 7/61 lumens, with "moon" mode off - 18 and 100 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by af112566 View Post
    i got my d25a today and i really like it.it does have a true moon modeits comparable to the low on my sc600.you can look directly at the led without it hurting you eyes.it has a beautiful floody beam too.
    im just using a eneloop,havnt tried a 14500 yet.the overall quality is similar to my 4 sevens lights which i like.overall this is a winner.i would like one with a xp-g next..
    Moonlight ~ SC600? Does that mean about 0.1 lumen, or less than a Quark's ML... not 0.5 lumens as the specs suggest? Also, could you comment on the above discussion on how the modes are different between the two group 1 settings? Do they shift ML/L/M > L/M/H, or does on the latter group just dim, effectively creating new lumen levels?

Well, there is, it's just quite bright. In D25LC2 two lowest modes have 7/61 lumens, with "moon" mode off - 18 and 100 lumens.
    Oh yeah, forgot the ET semantics thing...

Well I guess I guess I got confused I was thinking with moonlight on it would have 4 modes instead of 3.

I was thinking it would go moonlight - low - medium- high but I guess I was wrong, so does the 2xcr123 not have memory mode because I can't get that to work.

reppans,,i dont know if the monlight mode is .01 or .05 but they are close.too close to really tell much difference with my eye.as far as the groups shifting not sure whats going on there but they all get brighter except turbo,that stays the same i think.one thing they didnt get quite right is there isnt much difference between the hi and turbo.but no biggie,its still alot of features in a very slim,small light.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Well I guess I guess I got confused I was thinking with moonlight on it would have 4 modes instead of 3.

I was thinking it would go moonlight - low - medium- high but I guess I was wrong, so does the 2xcr123 not have memory mode because I can't get that to work.
    1. D25 clickys always have 3 modes in group 1.
    2. Only D25A2 and D25C have memory.