Any word on the Eagletac D25 series clickys?

belomeclone

Enlightened
I was told they would be released yesterday, but I cannot find them anywhere. I have buying plans for these and this lack of information is only helping my wallet.

sadboy

Newly Enlightened
Wow. You just helped my wallet. I was literally just about to purchase a D25C.

I really can't decide what I want right now, except I want something to replace my currently MIA Neutral-white Quark MiNi AA.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
The official release from EagleTac was yesterday... They are going to be shipping by the end of the month! Make sure you hit up Mike@PTS

Danielight

Enlightened
I've been waiting for EagleTac to come out with the clicky model so that I can swap the head from my D25LC2 twisty to a clicky body tube. I hope they are planning to make just the clicky body available.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
Danielight said:
I've been waiting for EagleTac to come out with the clicky model so that I can swap the head from my D25LC2 twisty to a clicky body tube. I hope they are planning to make just the clicky body available.

Nope.... Just buy a new clicky's model the pricing is still going to be really good!

Danielight

Enlightened
Nope.... Just buy a new clicky's model the pricing is still going to be really good!
If the pricing is really good, then I'll consider getting the whole light. When I first began to inquire about the availablility of just the clicky body itself, I was told it might only be about $10. Since I have bought two other flashlights since then, I'm thinking I might do well to keep my next purchase price on the low side. :broke:

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Wow. You just helped my wallet. I was literally just about to purchase a D25C.

I really can't decide what I want right now, except I want something to replace my currently MIA Neutral-white Quark MiNi AA.

I hear ya. Seems like there's a distinct lack of availability of anything other than twisties in a small, single cell format, that aren't all (boring) anodized black.

Too bad these aren't coming out till the end of the month! I was told early this month when I emailed them, but if they're getting the kinks out of the switch I'm happy to wait.

Do we know for sure the clicky switch will be a direct fit to the single-cell bodies? The catalog only shows the 2-cell D25's with switches.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
Mike@PTS is going to start a pre-order thread in the CPF Marketplace soon.. there is already a pre-order thread in the "cove" on USN...

as far as the switches go.. the proto-type that we had at Shot Show did not look to be interchangeable with the twisty... so we will just have to wait and see...

Last edited:

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Not happy to hear that. Did they change the threads on the rear tailcap, or what was the fitment issue?

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been eagerly awaiting this release.
From reading Italian/German, you do have 5 steady state output modes, but you only get 4 at a time, and only 3 when you are not in the turbo mode [speaking of which, why is the turbo mode with the head loosened? Ideally you'd have better head conduction with the head tightened. Your going to need it for the big time turbo lumen numbers]
Neutral-white fans will only have an xp-g R4 or xm-l T6, no xt-e R4-yet?
The bright stainless steel bezel is no longer bright, I think it looks more subdued, less conspicuous.
Not positive, but the clicky switch might be a forward activated? [it is recessed] That just doesn't make any sense when you have to cycle through 13 modes to complete a loop (okay it repeats L-M-H before strobe, strobe2, flash, SOS, SOS2, beacon, flash2) A forward click is a deal breaker for me.
'mode memory' works between switching of head-tight/loose. That is supposedly on the "D25A2/C" (does that mean the single C model, or C2 & LC2?)
The moon mode needs clarification. Are you locked out of the high mode when you elect to use the moon mode function? or does Eagletac just rename high mode as 'medium'? Also the explanation of outputs of the 1st & 2nd cycling modes change dependent if you are not in moon. One says the lowest output increases 6x, and the 2nd lowest output increases by 2.5x.
and the prices look about 50% greater than the twisties.

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
the D25 clicky specs were just sent out to the dealers late last week...
so it will be a few more days I think before you see the detailed info posted online.
product won't be shipping from factory to dealers for a little while yet - probably end of month.

there will be 5 clicky models (D25A, D25C, D25A2, D25C2, D25LC2),
with 5 LED choices XM-L T6 CW, XM-L T6 NW, XT-E R5 CW, XP-G S2 CW, XP-G R4 NW
= 25 total new D25 clicky models! :huh:

basically the clicky versions will be cost approx $7-11 or so (not 50%) more than than twisties depending on model, LED choice, and specific dealer pricing.

optional upgrade clicky tubes are also supposed to be available for upgrading the twisty models - but info has not been released yet -

Dan (EagleTac owner) and I PERSONALLY took the clicky tubes and switched them out with the twisties at ShotShow and had no problems at all -
which is why I suggested and Dan agreed to offer clicky tube upgrade options for twisty owners...

Patience my friends!
Cheers
Tod

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the good news. I am looking forward to the XP-G S2 and XT-E R5 versions of the D25 and D25LC2 :)

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was really looking forward to the D25LC2 (18650) Clicky in neutral, now I see they changed the pocket clip so it's no longer screwed on like the non-clicky version and is lower on the body. What a bummer.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
@lebox97, do they plan to use XT-E emitter in D25 twisties?
[speaking of which, why is the turbo mode with the head loosened? Ideally you'd have better head conduction with the head tightened. Your going to need it for the big time turbo lumen numbers]
It's not, you have Turbo with head tightened. Heat isn't an issue because it has stepdown after 3 minutes.
The moon mode needs clarification. Are you locked out of the high mode when you elect to use the moon mode function? or does Eagletac just rename high mode as 'medium'? Also the explanation of outputs of the 1st & 2nd cycling modes change dependent if you are not in moon. One says the lowest output increases 6x, and the 2nd lowest output increases by 2.5x.
and the prices look about 50% greater than the twisties.
Simplier explanation - you can choose how bright last two (the dimmest) modes can be. For example in D25A with XM-L you can choode between 176/107/10/1 and 176/107/20/4lm modes.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like running XML D25A & D25C on Li-ions is direct drive only... you'll lose the other lower lumen modes. :(

Danielight

Enlightened
I was really looking forward to the D25LC2 (18650) Clicky in neutral, now I see they changed the pocket clip so it's no longer screwed on like the non-clicky version and is lower on the body. What a bummer.
Looks like that's true on the two-cell models. The single-cell models still have the nicer pocket clips screwed to the top of the tail. My guess regarding the pocket clip placement on the two-cell models is that the clicky switch may add enough length to the light to make it a little too long for deep-pocket carry if the clip is way at the top. (BTW, the clip on the two-cell models looks a lot like the clip in my Quark AA2, which is good & solid because it is held in place in the joint between the center and tail pieces.)

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Looks like running XML D25A & D25C on Li-ions is direct drive only... you'll lose the other lower lumen modes. :(

This is true, it's straight direct drive. Been playing around with a rechargeable 14500, and it turns the D25AM into a single (very bright) mode light.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I'm very surprised and disappointed. You usually see that in cheap lights. I have always considered ET to be a quality manufacturer.