Glow-in-the-dark paint for knife handle

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I decided to buy a new knife for me (my first knife,until now I had only Leatherman)-the Cold Steel Mini AK47.
I want to paint the handles of the knife with glow-in-the-dark color,and I am not know how to do it.
can anybody give me a link for appropriate color to paint the handle? and can anybody give me tips and instructions how to do it?
thanks advance...
Alpha

Gilgamesh

Newly Enlightened
Depends on what color you want to paint it. There is a few different ones out there. http://glowinc.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=11. I'm sure you'd want to clean the handle first with alcohol prep to get the oils off. Not sure of anything else you'd have to do really. If the handles are a smooth surface, I'd use a scotchbrite to scuff the handle. You could use an air brush, it would lay down nice.

greenLED

Flashaholic
MT7, I wouldn't paint it; it will peel off sooner rather than later. Best long-term solution woudl be to some holes in the scales and fill them with a mixture of GID powder and epoxy. The recipe is somewhere in my old posts, or darkzero's (he's the Master glower). In summary, mix clear epoxy (8hour cure works best), add the GID powder mix, fill holes, clean up. Done. :)

Latest posts