FARTHEST-THROWING PRODUCTION LIGHT? (<$250)

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,
What is the farthest-throwing, handheld, PRODUCTION light (LED only, <$250) available today? (regardless of battery chemistry/configuration)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Deft LR count? It's built by a CPF member named SaaBlaster, it's the best in its size.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Does the Deft LR count? It's built by a CPF member named SaaBlaster, it's the best in its size.

Saabluster, and it would indeed be the best LED thrower at that price range. The original DEFT throws a lot farther, but it's not currently in production.

If it's modified, it doesn't count. Only production ones.

It's a custom/boutique production light, it's not made from anything else.

Last edited:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a custom/boutique production light, it's not made from anything else.[/QUOTE]

Anything customized doesn't count. It should be 'factory production' made..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It is production, just small scale. Small enough that in the premium models, components are hand-picked for max performance.

If you just want a mass-produced light, the Thrunite Catapult V3 is the best-performing thrower in your price range.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is production, just small scale. Small enough that in the premium models, components are hand-picked for max performance.

If you just want a mass-produced light, the Thrunite Catapult V3 is the best-performing thrower in your price range.

Ok, could you pm me the specs of the DEFT? So among the mass-produced you choose the Catapult as the farthest throwing...

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw in another thread a beamshot of the Dereelight DBS t XR-E R2 EZ9000 aspheric. How is it compared to the Deft? Is it custom-made too? I have a TK41 and have grown 'used' to its throw, so to speak...

entercpf

Newly Enlightened
What's the use of uber throwers? I always thought it was a kind of bragging rights benchmark rather than function.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the use of uber throwers? I always thought it was a kind of bragging rights benchmark rather than function.

You are partly correct...you can look at it that way..but at least you'll have something to brag about haha

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ok, could you pm me the specs of the DEFT? So among the mass-produced you choose the Catapult as the farthest throwing...

The DEFT specs are on the OMGLumens site. I would wager the Catapult is closer to what you're looking for, as it has a traditional hotspot-and-spill beam similar to your TK, not like the tight hotspot-only beam of the aspherics.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are partly correct...you can look at it that way..but at least you'll have something to brag about haha

As an owner of many thrower lights, you dont really use them that much. I have them coz i'd like to own them, but to use as EDC? Naah... I edc a Quark AA 14500 and my Jetbeam BC25, that's it. (and an iTP A3 Upgraded just as backup)

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an owner of many thrower lights, you dont really use them that much. I have them coz i'd like to own them, but to use as EDC? Naah... I edc a Quark AA 14500 and my Jetbeam BC25, that's it. (and an iTP A3 Upgraded just as backup)

I have the SC600 for flood, the XT11 for medium flood and a little bit of throw, and the TK41 for throw. I don't really use them that much too. I just like to own some. Something that throws substantially farther than the TK would be nice though. I don't want to go into modified exotics. Regular production lights is good enough for me.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1
I carry a Quark MiNi AA neutral as my goto EDC with a Millermodded Arc AAA on my keychain.
I sometimes carry my Quark X neutral 14500 in a cell phone holster when I am not using the holster to carry MsDonalds coupons.

As to a production thrower:
Dereelight DBS-T XR-E R2 EZ900 Aspheric First Impressions
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...BS-T-XR-E-R2-EZ900-Aspheric-First-Impressions
The beamshots tell all.
See post 20 & 23 for how to sort out dereelight options.
-
There are brighter lights out there usually SST-90 based but are much bigger.