Acebeam
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman V11R: Révolution

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman V11R: Révolution

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    Thanks for the review!

Variable Output, High Max, Clickie, 16340 and AA Option... it seems like the perfect light for me.
    The only thing holding me back is the inefficiency at low brightness - 1 Lumen for 35h compared to the 4 Lumen for 70h the M11R... that seems pretty bad.
    However it does not say "Mr. Elfin" on the body, thats definitely a big plus.
    A recent review (selfbuilt's, I think) actually predicted the low to last 2-4 days (16340/CR123) instead of just a day and half, based on the measured current draw at low. Which is still not great, but more acceptable regardless. Wonder if someone would step up and run this thing on low for a couple of days to see. Come to think of it, I'm considering trying this with my V10R AE just to see...

Flashaholic*

double tap....

I've got a minimum output runtime test for this light on my to-do list, I just have several other things above it

BigMac great review- just a quick question where did you get the high cri version? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jmac30 View Post
    BigMac great review- just a quick question where did you get the high cri version? TIA
    Thanks jmac30! I got the High CRI V11R from HIDCandada. I'm not sure there's any left, it was a pretty limited run.

Unenlightened

the new v11r being shipped by battery junction come with 2 complete swith assemblys 1 metal and 1 rubber. the rubber really works good

Bummer - am definitely going to be posting a wtb or finding a modder for this one love the hicri stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by jmac30 View Post
    Bummer - am definitely going to be posting a wtb or finding a modder for this one love the hicri stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I hope you find one. The peach tint in AWESOME and the ui of the v11r is fantastic. Currently my favorite edc. Next best thing would be a haiku or something similar

-Alex
    -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by climberkid View Post
    I hope you find one. The peach tint in AWESOME and the ui of the v11r is fantastic. Currently my favorite edc. Next best thing would be a haiku or something similar

-Alex
    Just got mine today, very nice. Cant wait for it to get dark to see just how awesome this is!!! Used it a bit in the basement looks pretty nice. Good looking color!! I was surprised at how small it was, even with the extender on it. Perfect edc.

Showed up today - awesome! Thanks to Jason for the heads up as well as making the HiCri happen!

Glad to hear you're enjoying them! The V11R HCRI is still my EDC, and I think it's going to be there for quite a while.

Best ... Flashlight ... Ever

This is my new favorite flashlight!

The low is exceptionally low, even lower than my Quark "X" AA˛. The control ring is effective throughout its entire range, except for the last few degrees. It turns smoothly with very little effort. In fact, it turns so easily I'm a little concerned it might move inadvertently.

Even with a AA battery, the maximum light output is way more than sufficient for my needs.

I don't know why I like a low low so much, but I know I am not alone. When LED flashlights first came out, they were all pretty low (and blue). Nowadays, it is not uncommon to see lights advertised with 1,000 lumens or more, but you can't use that to walk around the house with dark-adapted eyes.

I also have a Peak Eiger AAA with the QTC continuously variable interface. It's a pretty close second favorite, but the twist ring UI of the V11R is just a bit nicer.
    Light Emitting Diode: A third less calories than a regular Emitting Diode.

The V11R control ring uses a much thinner lubricant than the ring on the V10R, so it turns much easier. This means it's possible to adjust the brightness with a single finger, but it's also a little more likely to change the brightness setting while in your pocket.
    o, I'll be changing the lubrication on my V11R HCRI, per some suggestions in some other threads on the subject.
    I have a V11R, but the adjustment ring is loose. Is there a way to tighten it up? It seems like there is some type of grease lubricant behind the ring. Is it possible for enough to come out to loosen the entire ring?
    Last edited by willydigger; 11-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
    I have a V11R, but the adjustment ring is loose. Is there a way to tighten it up? It seems like there is some type of grease lubricant behind the ring. Is it possible for enough to come out to loosen the entire ring?
    I remember reading a while ago that a bunch of people were adjusting the feel of the rings on their V10R's but using different lubrications, but I don't recall how exactly they were doing it or what lubrications seemed to work well. A search on the forums for "V10R lubrication" would likely bring up some of those old threads with some helpful information.

Flashaholic

Great review, thanks a lot!!!
    Gonna buy such a light asap!

thank you for the detailed review, i'm actually in the market for one and will probably get one soon!

The V11R is "still" my go-to light in my pocket anytime I leave the house
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123