Foxfury Rook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you display your collection ??

Default Re: How do you display you collection?

Here is my Current setup,
    Some lights missing but you get the idea.

It will have to do until i find a Surefire Display like my swedish neighbour..
    Last edited by MorpheusT1; 11-15-2008 at 02:44 PM.

team member, those were my exact words. that display case is awesome. Very nice.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

Cool Daddy Administrator

You guys can't come right out of the gates with these kinds of displays! You have to slowly work up to the good stuff. Let some of us little guys play too!

In protest, I'm not even going through the trouble to photograph my pile of lights. Which are - literally - in a pile.
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Beer is finally cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell View Post
    You guys can't come right out of the gates with these kinds of displays! You have to slowly work up to the good stuff. Let some of us little guys play too!

In protest, I'm not even going through the trouble to photograph my pile of lights. Which are - literally - in a pile.
    Darell, is your collection comparative to Tuba's?

IIRC beamhead's selling one of those displays in customsBST

Personally I don't show off my collection. People can't steal what they can't see...for that reason my M6 is under my stash of washed underwear
    Last edited by Illum; 09-15-2009 at 09:27 AM.

MorpheusT1, you have some very interesting lights. Is it possible to see those a bit closer?
    All my lights are now hidden!
    http://www.watchandclockservice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eshishlo View Post
    MorpheusT1, you have some very interesting lights. Is it possible to see those a bit closer?
    +1

Morpheus, are those all Single and 7Led Peak Mckinleys?
    couple kilimanjaros on the end too.

very nice collection.

Please forgive the slight hijack of the OP but I know where one of these Surefire display cases are for sale if you can get to Tampa FL

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=185308

Bob

Thanks guys,

I`ll see if i can get a closer shot.

All the Peak lights are Mckinleys.
    The bigger ones are 7 Led and the smaller are single led.
    I have all colors ever made.

The Surefire Displays currently for sale are all damaged in some way and i would not want to display my stuff in a broken/Scratched case.

But they are cheap
    If you live nearby these sellers.

Im gonna get me one of those if i have to pick it up myself at the Surefire Factory...one day...

Benny

Enlightened

Popcorn How do you display your collection ??

Good afternoon,
    After a quick search, I didnt see much in the way of light / torch display pics. I for one would be very interested in seeing pics as I am now collecting myself and would like idea's. Thanks in advance,
    John
    Olight M22, JetBeam E3P, Maratac: 9290 AA, 0001 AAA . Maglite: 3AA LED, 2AA Multi-Mode LED, 3D (Rebel), SureFire 6P, G2Z, Surefire P2X Fury Combat, Surefire P2X Fury dual mode, Surefire P2X Defender.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: How do you display your collection ??

I currently don't display my lights. I have in the neighborhood of 200 of them, so that would require lots of shelf space. I have the ones I use frequenty in a bag I got from Countycomm that has nice padded slots. Others I have next to the bed, and my EDC's are on my keyrings and in holsters.

Someday, if I get a bigger place, I might get some sort of curio or display cabinet, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Aren't flashlights cool?
    Carry a flashlight, and you'll have a bright future.

No displays. Most of mine aren't deserving of public viewing. For the most part my lights reside in the bedside cabinet and in my workshop.

Geoff

Flashaholic*

These guys could probably show you a thing or two about how it's done . . .

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Turtle View Post
    No displays. Most of mine aren't deserving of public viewing. For the most part my lights reside in the bedside cabinet and in my workshop.

Geoff
    Same here. My lights are kept in a box except for a few which sit on a table next to the desk, just in case I need one!

My EDC's rotate, tossed on top of my dresser with wallet, knife, keys, cellphone, etc. Some folks keep a nice pelican case (or similar). Look in "Flashlight Collecting" for Show Your Pelican Case Setup... Perhaps one or two special ones on a nightstand or bookshelf, depends on the mood...

Moonshadow- just clicked on the link you put up... HOLY COW!!! first I had seen it, thank you for sharing. Just awesome!
    Last edited by scout24; 08-30-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Looked at Moonshadow's link...

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

A quick search showed that this question has been asked in the past, with some great replies and photos:

How do you display you collection?
    Displays- You have Nice Wood Display?

john

I don't have much left worthy of display, so I have intentionally incurred dings on most of them.....

occasionally you'll find a row of flashlights on my desk and find quite a few missing when I leave the house, as I EDC lots of lights:

my current EDC
    Surefire A2-HA-WH
    Surefire L4-MCE cool white
    Surefire L4-MCE 5A warm
    Gerber Infinity Red

My path is always lit, and thanks to 17670s, every night will be lit for the next 3 years or so before these cells decide to quit

I'm constantly thinkning of a display case for my lights... still haven't got a good idea

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

Enlightened

I made a cheap wall display using two pre-made shelves and two cork tiles from HD. Added an LED light strip (also from HD) glued on the inside rail to illuminate the main shelf. I generally limit myself to 12 lights, so this will work for me.

flash off:

Close up with flash:

Last edited by Kenpcfl; 08-30-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added pic

Several "like" threads merged...
    -"Must control self"-

This is a box I made - not really a display, but it holds a lot of lights.

Now I can see the darkness .

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

I've always admired that box, Will.
    john

that is freaking awesome!! just beautiful! I wish my wife would allow something like that.

Default Flashlight Collection display methods, products, ideas?

New to collecting flashlights and new to CPF. Hoping this is correct forum for my query.

I am curious if anyone knows of any commercially available display stands, cases, mounts, etc. that are either made for flashlights or certainly will work well with flashlights?

Any links to products or photos of homemade displays would be much appreciated.

I really like the plastic display stands that I found for my pocket knives and would love to find something like this for flashlights:

I also use a magnetic kitchen knife display for my collection and wonder how well this might work for flashlights? Is aluminum magnetic? I don't remember.
    But this could run a small risk of scratching the anodizing if one wasn't especially careful placing and removing the lights. Hmmm.... what do you think?

Thanks for indulging me!
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5

Default Re: Flashlight Collection display methods, products, ideas?

Most of the cases I have seen have been custom made. You might try searching 'display cases' and see if you find something you like. There are cases for everything from sewing thimbles, to spoons, to dolls, to plates and so on. I do not recall seeing anything specific for flashlights.

Aluminum is non-magnetic.

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    Most of the cases I have seen have been custom made. You might try searching 'display cases' and see if you find something you like. There are cases for everything from sewing thimbles, to spoons, to dolls, to plates and so on. I do not recall seeing anything specific for flashlights.

Aluminum is non-magnetic.
    I thought so about aluminum being non-magnetic. Glad I didn't try one of my magnetic strips out (would've made for a nice, unexpected impact test eh?).

Yeah, I suppose some standard googling might be nice for commercial products. But still, what better place to inquire about such a thing than here initially though right? I would love to see some pics of custom made displays to give ideas. I am sure there are many throughout a variety of posts in the forums, but not necessarily gathered together for the purpose of displaying the display.

If I find something interesting in my own searching, I will post it up here.... for umm.... display.

EDIT: And of course, wouldn't you just know it, the very first link to show up in a google for "flashlight collection display stand" was this thread.
    Last edited by zenbeam; 04-09-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: To add note of a comical observation.

Link came up in my first search: Surefire Display

Of course this was a CPF post. Really kewl that this person got a hold of some commercial/retail display cases!

And yet another CPF post here: More Display

But some of those are too big. I will continue the search!
    Last edited by zenbeam; 04-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Here is a case that was made for shot glasses that I use for my collection. Sorry for the bad photos, it has a mirrored back that prevents me from taking a straight on photo. It is made of oak and has adjustable glass shelves that I've spaced about five inches apart which is perfect for my collection of very small lights. The hinged door is nice because it keeps all the dust off the lights. I bought it online from a gentleman in Florida that makes display cases, but cannot remember who he is.

Don't you need to have more flashlights than that to post in these forums? lol
    Heck, right now I just need about an 8" x 12" cabinet for my collection.

I do like the cabinet effect! I guess it might take some looking "outside the box" (no pun intended?) for display cases/stand intended for other items that would work well with flashlights.

This is something I made up a few years back. Not really a display case, more a storage case. The top is glass and opens up.

@Will

Nice approach to a large collection! The neat thing is that you can rotate to the top "display" whatever grouping of lights you are in the mood to show. And of course, you can always manually slide-n-show the rest to guests "on demand".