Banggood Network
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Default CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Just what the title says.

For the past couple years we've met at the "party barn" in Renton, is that still an option? If not, we can meet at Magnuson Park, or another park in the area - any suggestions on this?

For a couple dates, let's look at May 19th and May 26th. What works for people?
    Last edited by electromage; 04-09-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Ahh i see CPF is back up and breathing. Excellent.

I will be doing some offroading/overnight-camping/maybe fishing in Tahuya State Forest On May 12th-13th with you and a few others, And overnight camping. Perhaps we could make it a double header? offroading during the day, and once the evening rolls through we could light up the night sky?
    The Guy with the insanely bright LED light bar....

Party Re: CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Hi Guys,
    Sherry called and left a message last week and said the "Party Barn" is open the last weekend in May which is Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to check my schedule but I think maybe June might be better.

Cheers!
    Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike S

Pacific Tactical Solutions Inc. CPF Discount, start here>> PTS Account
    Then PM me your last name and email so I can set your account for the discount.
    Or just place an order and add your CPF name to the comments box and we'll apply the discount.

The last weekend in May sounds good to me. I'm down for June as well, but I'd prefer May.

Peewee, I don't think we should try to do a CPF camping trip this time around. We can organize something during the summer, seperate from the party barn events. The weather isn't necessarily going to be great, and a lot of people probably aren't prepared for camping anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@PTS View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Sherry called and left a message last week and said the "Party Barn" is open the last weekend in May which is Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to check my schedule but I think maybe June might be better.

Cheers!
    Mike

I would love to attend such a gathering. Last weekend in May works for me too, as would sometime in June.

Cool Re: CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Late May or anytime in June works fine for me.

The date is Memorial Day weekend. Saturday May 26th. Keep your eyes open for more information.

Hmm.. That can be a tough weekend due to so much happening with families and all. Shouldn't be a big problem for me.. I hope.
    If your future's not bright enough, you need more light!

Flashaholic

Good to see some traffic on here. I was beginning to have my droughts about this. I'll be there.
    Dave

YeeHahhh! And I can finally return the 10mm combo (telecom battery) wrench I borrowed from one of you at the last
    get together.
    Big Lights and a welding hood will be present and accounted for
    IgNITEor
    AN/VSS-1 xenon Death Ray, 24" & 19"HMI, 600W Cow Light, LiteBox, PAR-46 80W portable, PAR-36 30W Navy Battle Lantern, Luxeon 5W Torch

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by IgNITEor View Post
    YeeHahhh! And I can finally return the 10mm combo (telecom battery) wrench I borrowed from one of you at the last
    get together.
    Big Lights and a welding hood will be present and accounted for
    Not to worry, I went to Sears and replaced it and several others. I have to do this at least one a year. You see I have two sons and tools are always missing or broken.
    Dave

May 26 marked on the calendar.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

I'm bringing a few of the lights I won at previous Get-together-s, an experimental LED Laser wan-a-B, (made with an LED flashlight, alignment lens from an old big screen TV, and a telescope type make-up mirror), and one of my big lights.

I'm in the middle of projects, mirror woes, etc...the light I bring may be called "EXPERIMENTAL", or "Big Light"...basically a 30 inch NightHawk or something like the 26 inch LightSport still in development. I may need power from a volunteer again...

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in
    seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.
    Fine with me, last time we had some opencarry.org folks there. I think they were carrying loaded, or at least that's what I assumed. I could bring my AR-15 with JetBeam Jet-III M and pressure switch mounted. For anything that's not on your person you should probably put a red zip tie through the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in
    seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.
    Fine with me, last time we had some opencarry.org folks there. I think they were carrying loaded, or at least that's what I assumed. I could bring my AR-15 with JetBeam Jet-III M and pressure switch mounted. For anything that's not on your person you should probably put a red zip tie through the action.

As a general rule a firearm is always considered loaded. So unless you have a blue gun or remove the bolt and use a chamber flag and it is not handled... It still would be pushing what is good and sane.

For this demo if the rifle has an upper, such as, an AR then remove the lower. Also if it's a bolt remove the bolt.

Last year it was a combination of WaGuns.org and Seattleguns.net and Opencarry.org members that attended. All firearms were kept in holsters. No firearm handling was conducted that I recall.

The last thing we need is a negligent discharge at any event.

If it's all set I'll send out invites on Monday. It is a bit short notice but I'm glad to see it on the books.
    Young Kim,
    NRA Certified Instructor, NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Endowment Member

Flashaholic*

At the Washington State SAR Conference last weekend, Mike's wife reminded me about the get together. What's the address and start time? I've been to the barn before, but darn if I remember exactly where it is.

Though I don't go for the whole weapon mounted light/tactical setup thing personally for my own firearms, I'm fine with people showing off that sort of thing. What would be awesome is a camping weekend later in the summer somewhere people can go shooting as well as showing off lights.

Shooting may be possible if Peewee wants to arrange that on his family's private property near Potholes, but you'll have to ask nicely. They may be hesitant to let a group of strangers use their land for that.

As of right now I don't think I can make it. I'll post if my schedule changes. Good day to everyone.
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

I am hoping to make it to the GTG
    Lennie
    EagleTac G25C2 NW, D25AM-Ti XM-L ,P20C2 Mk1, P100C2
    Surefire L1, G2, G2Z, WolfEyes Sniper,Defender.

If all goes well, I will bring the newly re-made, 30 inch Night Hawk with hopefully not too problematic reflector covering, (I need a better adhesive solution).

Hopefully I can get donated power, from the barn or generator like last couple years. I will need about 1,500 watts 120 vac current to power light, support equipment and cooling fans combined. I have enough RV battery power for about 10 minutes of operation if nothing else.

30 inch experimental reflector
    Reflector showing reflection of surroundings.

Bulb holder and split reflector

Jenbo 1,200 watt HMI and split reflector and homemade socket.

You can see the mounting hardware used to hold bulb on a shaped cutting board as the socket body. The 'back-reflector' is seen above bulb and supplied light back to the main reflector that otherwise would be wasted.

party barn...looking forward to the get together...to me a chamber flag is sufficient to show a weapon light, & i'm quite interested...glenn

I think this will do.?!,,

I fired up this thing last night, and will bring this and a couple 'regular' flashlights. This Nighthawk is a little easier to transport and handle than the Gorilla. Gorilla is a tough act to follow...but...

Here the 30 inch Nighthawk, is about to be tested on multiple fronts, such as does my homemade light socket work, focusing while in operation, etc...

Nighthawk ready for 'Ignition".

Nighthawk Beam is fatter than expected

Nighthawk Beam is bright, but a little fatter than expected. The 10 mm arc may be too large for any reflector smaller than 30 inches, if it is to make a narrow beam. I still can adjust the focus, though mechanism not easy to work with when lamp is on.

Nighthawk lights up the clouds a mile and a half up

Hopefully I'll have a chance to 'fine-tune' the Nighthawk before 'showtime'. I can't transport my generator right now, so I only have about 10 minutes of battery power to power the 1,400 watts total power needed for light, fans and related electronics. I'm hoping for electric power to be provided by some generous individual(s), such as during the past events...fingers crossed...lol...Chizel, IgNITEor? Por-favor.

C-Yah there!
    Last edited by LightSward; 05-25-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: photos froozen

Quote Originally Posted by LightSward View Post

Hopefully I'll have a chance to 'fine-tune' the Nighthawk before 'showtime'. I can't transport my generator right now, so I only have about 10 minutes of battery power to power the 1,400 watts total power needed for light, fans and related electronics. I'm hoping for electric power to be provided by some generous individual(s), such as during the past events...fingers crossed...lol...Chizel, IgNITEor? Por-favor.

C-Yah there!
    I'll be bringing my 2KW Yamaha and we'll get it lit up! It's a good opportunity for me to exercise the thing anyway!

Sam
    If your future's not bright enough, you need more light!

I'll need directions to this fabled Barn O' Partying. If it's not along public transportation routes I might also be looking for a ride from downtown Seattle. Hope to make it! I'll be bringing... enthusiasm (and some less impressive lights that I do use quite often).

Last year's video has me excited:
    Last edited by Mooreshire; 05-25-2012 at 06:01 PM.

there will be some of us meeting up at RF&GC to caravan over after closing

Flashaholic*

Found the address in a thread about an older meetup:

20245 SE 192nd St. Renton 98058

Not near any bus lines, IIRC.

Still haven't heard anything about when it starts.

Thinking Re: CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Yeah... little weird to not have a formal post here saying when and where it is. I've begun to suspect that the event might simply be exclusive and not actually open to the public.

As a recently relocated east-coaster I find myself easily confused by the west-coast-casual attitude though, so I very well might be jumping to conclusions.

I'll be fairly late, expecting to get done with a family dinner around 8-8:30. I assume something many people will be there after 10.