CPF-NW 2012 Spring GTG (Greater Seattle Area)

Just what the title says.

For the past couple years we've met at the "party barn" in Renton, is that still an option? If not, we can meet at Magnuson Park, or another park in the area - any suggestions on this?

For a couple dates, let's look at May 19th and May 26th. What works for people?

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Ahh i see CPF is back up and breathing. Excellent.

I will be doing some offroading/overnight-camping/maybe fishing in Tahuya State Forest On May 12th-13th with you and a few others, And overnight camping. Perhaps we could make it a double header? offroading during the day, and once the evening rolls through we could light up the night sky?

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Sherry called and left a message last week and said the "Party Barn" is open the last weekend in May which is Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to check my schedule but I think maybe June might be better.

Cheers!
Mike

The last weekend in May sounds good to me. I'm down for June as well, but I'd prefer May.

Peewee, I don't think we should try to do a CPF camping trip this time around. We can organize something during the summer, seperate from the party barn events. The weather isn't necessarily going to be great, and a lot of people probably aren't prepared for camping anyway.

Hi Guys,
Sherry called and left a message last week and said the "Party Barn" is open the last weekend in May which is Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to check my schedule but I think maybe June might be better.

Cheers!
Mike

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
I would love to attend such a gathering. Last weekend in May works for me too, as would sometime in June.

chizel

Newly Enlightened
Hmm.. That can be a tough weekend due to so much happening with families and all. Shouldn't be a big problem for me.. I hope.

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
YeeHahhh! And I can finally return the 10mm combo (telecom battery) wrench I borrowed from one of you at the last
get together.
Big Lights and a welding hood will be present and accounted for :wave:

dwminer

Enlightened
YeeHahhh! And I can finally return the 10mm combo (telecom battery) wrench I borrowed from one of you at the last
get together.
Big Lights and a welding hood will be present and accounted for :wave:

Not to worry, I went to Sears and replaced it and several others. I have to do this at least one a year. You see I have two sons and tools are always missing or broken.
Dave

Brigadier

Enlightened
Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bringing a few of the lights I won at previous Get-together-s, an experimental LED Laser wan-a-B, (made with an LED flashlight, alignment lens from an old big screen TV, and a telescope type make-up mirror), and one of my big lights.

I'm in the middle of projects, mirror woes, etc...the light I bring may be called "EXPERIMENTAL", or "Big Light"...basically a 30 inch NightHawk or something like the 26 inch LightSport still in development. I may need power from a volunteer again...

Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in
seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.

Fine with me, last time we had some opencarry.org folks there. I think they were carrying loaded, or at least that's what I assumed. I could bring my AR-15 with JetBeam Jet-III M and pressure switch mounted. For anything that's not on your person you should probably put a red zip tie through the action.

Anyone interested in seeing weapons lights attached to UNLOADED weapons? I have a carbine with a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted, and would like to know if members are interested in
seeing it. Ammo/mags would not be in the building, of course.

Fine with me, last time we had some opencarry.org folks there. I think they were carrying loaded, or at least that's what I assumed. I could bring my AR-15 with JetBeam Jet-III M and pressure switch mounted. For anything that's not on your person you should probably put a red zip tie through the action.

oldkim

Newly Enlightened
As a general rule a firearm is always considered loaded. So unless you have a blue gun or remove the bolt and use a chamber flag and it is not handled... It still would be pushing what is good and sane.

For this demo if the rifle has an upper, such as, an AR then remove the lower. Also if it's a bolt remove the bolt.

Last year it was a combination of WaGuns.org and Seattleguns.net and Opencarry.org members that attended. All firearms were kept in holsters. No firearm handling was conducted that I recall.

The last thing we need is a negligent discharge at any event.

If it's all set I'll send out invites on Monday. It is a bit short notice but I'm glad to see it on the books.

yowzer

Enlightened
At the Washington State SAR Conference last weekend, Mike's wife reminded me about the get together. What's the address and start time? I've been to the barn before, but darn if I remember exactly where it is.

Though I don't go for the whole weapon mounted light/tactical setup thing personally for my own firearms, I'm fine with people showing off that sort of thing. What would be awesome is a camping weekend later in the summer somewhere people can go shooting as well as showing off lights.

Shooting may be possible if Peewee wants to arrange that on his family's private property near Potholes, but you'll have to ask nicely. They may be hesitant to let a group of strangers use their land for that.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
As of right now I don't think I can make it. I'll post if my schedule changes. Good day to everyone.